Calling all artists, designers, makers, doers, and dreamers! We’re searching for the best Etsy sellers and products from across the UK and Ireland for Etsy Awards 2016.
Got a secret knack or skill up your sleeve for creating something unique? Or maybe you’re a designer-maker who already sells what you make? Or perhaps it’s somewhere in between… Well, it’s time to enter the Etsy Awards for a chance to win an incredible line-up of prizes!
Whats up for grabs we hear you ask? Starting with a whopping £10,000 small business grant, there’s also a chance to showcase your work at Tent London during the prestigious London Design Festival, exciting retail opportunities with John Lewis, expert business training from The Design Trust and much more!
The Etsy Awards
We’re really excited to launch the very first Etsy Awards in the UK & Ireland! Celebrating and supporting creativity, we’ll recognise talent across the following award categories:
- Home & living.
- Kids & baby.
- Fashion & accessories.
- Etsy New Talent, in partnership with The Design Trust.
- Retail Star, in partnership with John Lewis.
- People’s Choice, selected by public vote.
- Regional awards, the best maker in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Hand picking the finalists, we have an exclusive expert industry panel including Anna Rigby, Head of Home Buying at John Lewis; Pip McCormac, Lifestyle Director at Red Magazine; Patricia Van den Akker, Director of The Design Trust; and Erica Davies, Blogger The Edited.
Tailored to support small businesses, we’ve got a corker of a prize line-up on offer including…
- 1 x £10,000 small business grant
- 5 x £2,500 small business grants.
- 1 x chance to stock their products in John Lewis.
- 1 x One year free membership to The Design Trust Business Club.
- Exhibit with Etsy at TENT London during the London Design Festival.
- Tailored programme of business training from The Design Trust.
With 21 winners in total, there will be gold, silver and bronze prize offerings for the majority of award categories.
How to apply?
If you share a love for making and creating, based in the UK or Ireland and over the age of eighteen – hop on over to etsyawards.com/uk and complete the short online submission form, easy as pie! (Full eligibility criteria outlined below).
When’s the deadline?
Hurry! Applications close at midnight on 28th April 2016.
Do I need an Etsy shop in order to apply?
You do indeed! But don’t worry if you don’t have one yet… new sellers are always welcome and to kick-start your Etsy journey, we’ve rustled up a 20 free listings code to get you started – simply enter the code: ETSYAWARDSUKIRELAND here and head over to read our top tips on how to get started on Etsy.
How will the selection work?
The 60 finalists will be selected by an expert panel of judges including representatives from John Lewis, Red Magazine, The Design Trust and The Edited. The selection of the Regional Awards will be supported by creative organisations from around the UK and Ireland. Last but not least, the People’s Choice Award will be selected by public vote.
We’re excited to be working with some amazing creative organisations from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Our lead partners include: London Design Festival, Tent London, Crafts Council, The Design Trust, Contemporary Applied Arts, Craft Central, Crafty Fox Market, Craft Scotland, Creative Scotland, Emergents, Xpo North, Arts Council of Wales, Helfa Gelf, Craft NI, Arts Council of Northern Ireland, Offset and Design and Crafts Council of Ireland.
The Small Print
Full eligibility criteria for each category can be found at Etsyawards.com/uk but key things to consider include:
- Your shop must have an About Page and all items must comply with Etsy Guidelines and Etsy Seller Guidelines.
You can only enter your Etsy shop once – this means submitting one item under one product category (Home & Interiors, Fashion & Accessories OR Kids & Baby). As well as this submitted item, we will be judging your Etsy shop as a whole, so make sure it’s looking good with plenty of listings and your About page is up to date.
If you create ‘one off’ items, please ensure that you have similar items listed in your Etsy shop for the duration of the competition. You’ll need to recreate the item (or similar) if you are a finalist.
- Your entry must be submitted via the online entry form by midnight on Thursday 28th April 2016. You must have items listed in your shop from date of entry until 31 October 2016. Your shop must be active from when you submit your entry and until the end of the Etsy Awards campaign on 31 October 2016.
- If you outsource any part of your production process, successful finalists must have filled out an application and had their outside manufacturer approved by our team of Maker Specialists. You can read more about this here.
- You must be able to deliver 1-3 selected products for the Etsy Awards Winners’ showcase at Tent London during the London Design Festival by 1 September 2016. Etsy will select products, curate and manage the exhibit. It is not compulsory for sellers to attend in person. Sellers must have stock of the selected products listed in their Etsy shop.
- All applicants will be automatically considered for the Regional awards (best maker in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern ireland, Republic of Ireland).
Terms and conditions apply: UK & ROI only, 18+. Closes 23.59pm 28.4.16.