Spring summer trend 2015: Dreamy denim

Feb 19, 2015

by Alice Young

A key spring/summer trend for 2015, there has been a deluge of denim on the catwalks. Everyone from Gucci to Burberry to Dolce & Gabbana have been incorporating this much-loved textile into their runway shows. Style queen Alexa Chung launched a denim collection this year, too.

Denim has never been more desirable, so here is a round-up of some of the key denim pieces from UK sellers on Etsy.

Kiss and make up

Because your mascara deserves the best.

Denim cosmetics bag, £12, Curious Miss Clay

Double denim

For those times when one type of denim just isn’t enough.

Denim oversized shirt dress, £77, Riyka

Child’s play

Any little one wearing this classic yet practical denim design is sure to be the envy of the playground.

Children’s dungarees, £59, Tinker and Belle

Coming up roses

Why not pick this delicate denim flower?

Denim rose brooch, £55, Present Perfect Studio

Puppy love

Let your prized pooch snooze in style.

Denim tie dye dog bed, £33, Pup Tart Handmade

Dressed to impress

Tick off two fashion trends in one hit by wearing this A-line denim tunic dress.

Denim tunic dress, £55, Peerie Gal

Good hair day

Simply twist this wire band around your head for an instant denim fix.

Denim headband, £6.50, Lulu Goes Rockabilly

In the bag

Complete with vegan leather handles, this minimalist tote will add an edge to any ensemble.

Denim tote, £7, Laura Jane Fashion

How will you be embracing the denim trend? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @EtsyUK!

More Etsy UK fashion

Etsy fashion: See inside our stylish showroom
7 shades of Marsala – the official colour of 2015
50 shades of grey (well, nine): Interiors just got sexy

Header image credits: craftgawker.com | artofaging.tumblr.com | etsy.com

• Maycka

Alina from SiJaStyle said 4 years ago

Two days ago I made a denim toy-mouse for my dog ;) I see it's trendy. Thanks :)

• thenativestate

The Native State Native State from TheNativeState said 4 years ago

Denim can do no wrong in my eyes. Yup, even done right, double denim sits okay with me. I adore the denim make up bag in the first picture. Aztec is another favourite so combining it with denim makes for a perfect pair! Perhaps a denim font could be pretty cool for a new print too!

• cityanimals

Suzanne Burkunk - van Tongeren from cityanimals said 4 years ago

I really love denim. I like to upcycle old trousers or blouses into something new. Denim is of such high quality, it's a shame it's thrown away! Like to think it helps to make the world a little bit better :)

• gost

Melanie Cassar from gost said 4 years ago

Wow, love this article. Denim comes in so many colours and it is so versatile. I love it!

• pierrefrog

pierrefrog from Pierrefrog said 4 years ago

I LOVE denim - it never goes out of fashion... With my first week's wages, I bought a pair of Levis - total cost was about a fiver - then went skating. Happy days...but then, it was1971.

• LizzieMade

Lizzie from LizzieMade said 4 years ago

I love Denim too! I have a great combi of wool-felt and denim in my shop just now: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/169981284/purple-peacock-wool-felt-denim?ref=shop_home_active_20

• Agasart

Aga from AgasJourney said 4 years ago

Great selection! Thank you for sharing!

• laLunaCreazioni

Nadia from laLunaCreazioni said 4 years ago

Love denim!

• rlauzikaite

Ruta Lauzikaite from ARTsyClothing said 4 years ago

lovely!

• VINTAGEVIXEN2015

VINTAGE VIXEN from VINTAGEVIXEN2015 said 4 years ago

Denim...is always So Cool....the best fabric...that allows for the more you wear...the more comfortable it becomes....both in terms of texture...& bringing you confidence in your styling looks...who has snuggled into their boyfriend jeans....or the top of trend..denim jacket...for all your must be fashion fixes... merge fashion Vintage & Chic & Classy in this CHANEL DENIM JACKET.. = https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/221585537/chanel-vintage-jacket-coco-chemisie-gold?ref=shop_home_active_9 Do vist = VINTAGE VIXEN for more.....Vintage Designer looks Trends & inspirations.....

• barbararose956

Barbara Rose from barmadebags said 4 years ago

I love the way denim can be super casual or neatly stylish, and has a timeless quality. So great that once again it's trendy. I'll be making some bags in denim - the last one I made was for my great-niece.

• abenakcreation

Virpi Irene Bendandi from ABenakCreation said 4 years ago

Denim is such a wearable fabric! Always in style and matches with just about anything. I in particular liked the cosmetics bag and the head band.

• blessedvintage

Hope from blessedvintage said 4 years ago

A classic that seems to keep coming back again and again. blessings

• Qmuro

Qmuro from Qmuro said 4 years ago

Denim = Style , from stree style to high fashion. Love Denim :)

• FireHorseTextiles

Julia K Walton from JuliaKWalton said 4 years ago

I love denim - the way it wears and fades over time. The denim tote is gorgeous!

• matildeb

Francesca from MatildeB said 4 years ago

I 'm crazy for denim .....it's wonderful for everything, I made bib for kids!!

• priyaamrit

The White Fire from TheWhiteFire said 4 years ago

Love the dog bed!

• theowlinthearttree

The Owl in the Art Tree from TheOwlintheArtTree said 4 years ago

We love Denim. I have made some SUPER makes over the past 30 years with denim. I will see what we can get out into the shop ASAP. My mum, Podge, has made a couple of FANTASTIC coats :) real one off / bespoke designs. WOW...... we are gearing up to make some soon with our new machines and are always teaching my daughter (the next generation) the importance of remakes and the versatility of this material. WOW again as I am now re-excited about DENIM.

• csevenm

csevenm from csevenm said 4 years ago

The rose is so cute

• MonogatariClothing

Marianne Talma from MonogatariClothing said 4 years ago

I love the double denim dress from Riyka, too bad the link doesn't seem to be working for me to see more. I guess Denim is timeless, but it can also be done wrong;-)

• Alice Young said 4 years ago

Hi there! It's lovely, isn't it? Just type riyka.etsy.com into your address bar, and it'll take you straight to the shop. I totally agree that denim can be done wrong- Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake's ensemble in the early 2000s is a case in point!

• KalonaCreativity

Kalona from KalonaCreativity said 4 years ago

I love upcycling denim, usually with an element of my collaged textile alongside. Glad to see it's getting some recognition this year!

• gleniswade

Glenis Wade from DepartmentofCalm said 4 years ago

I have a selection of denim desk baskets. Love the tunic!

• rachaelsadler

Rachael Sadler from AdasAtticVintage said 4 years ago

Love Love Love denim.... what else do people wear?? =)

• RIYKA

RIYKA- Rebecca Johnson and Vedran Kulic from RIYKA said 4 years ago

Thank you so much for featuring us in this post, we love the Rose dress, and denim as well. wanted to thanks you personally Alice, but the link to your profile does not seem to work(neither to our shop) Great post xx

• Alice Young said 4 years ago

You're very welcome! The links are working fine for me, but I will definitely try and fix them for everyone else- thank you for highlighting the issue. Hope you have a great day xx

• dorotheasdesign

Dorothea from dorotheasdesign said 4 years ago

I have been selling hand made and decorated denim bags for some time now. They will soon arrive in my new look shop, together with other hand made bags. I also sell denim hearts which will show up soon too, together with other hearts. My shop is called "dorotheasdesign".

• NORANA

ANASTASIA POURNARA from NORANA said 4 years ago

I love denim!!! It's so fresh, so young, so wonderful...

• RIYKA

RIYKA- Rebecca Johnson and Vedran Kulic from RIYKA said 4 years ago

Thank you Alice, I thought it might just be my computer :) x

• Taylorsworld85

Taylor from TaylorsworldHandmade said 4 years ago

Some lovely denim :)

• admspeicher
  • tripathismriti

Smriti from DesiFabrics said 4 years ago

Beautiful. Dreamy indeed!

• rubytickles

Ruby Tickles from rubytickles said 4 years ago

I upcycle denim - it is one of my favourite materials to work with.

• ejjch

Elizabeth Knowles from OldBagdesigner said 4 years ago

I have been upcycling denim for my furniture pieces for years. Very trendy and so soft! www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OldBagdesigner

• QueenofCuffs

mary from QueenofCuffs said 4 years ago

Wonderful - especially love the denim flower - never though I would see denim look so soft and romantic !!

• tripathismriti

Smriti from DesiFabrics said 3 years ago

beautiful denim heart

• 1greenflower

VMV from VMV4design said 3 years ago

Denim is classic... what can one say?!