Etsy House: We’re popping up shop for Christmas!

Oct 21, 2014

by Emily Dean

Etsy House Logo 1

This Christmas, we’ll be launching Etsy House, our first-ever, three-day UK Etsy pop-up shop. Located in the heart of London’s Covent Garden, the shop will feature products for sale from Etsy sellers across multiple categories: art, home decor, bath & body, clothing, jewellery, furniture, stationery, and more.

Visitors to Etsy House will also be able to book onto workshops hosted by Etsy designer-makers as well as order personalised items from Etsy sellers who will be live crafting in store.

etsy house cards shopping

Workshops

We’ve partnered with Wool & The Gang who will be hosting two ‘The Snood Operator’ workshops live in store over the weekend.

With Wool & The Gang’s snood kits costing upwards of £27.50 this is a great chance to learn how to knit and take a snood away for only £7.50.

There are 10 tickets available for each session so you’ll need to be quick to be in with the chance of securing a place. Snood Operator Sessions:

• 9.30am-11am, Saturday 6th December
  • 10.30am-12pm, Sunday 7th December

Tickets on sale here.

Snood Operator

Live Crafting

Throughout the weekend there will be a mixture of Etsy sellers personalising items live in store. With letter-pressed stationery from Cerulean Press, Bobble Hats from Wool & The Gang, personalised necklaces from Minetta Jewellery, stamped leather from Hord and monogrammed wallets from Holdall, there are lots of options for getting that perfect customised gift for someone special this Christmas. The full live crafting schedule is as follows:

For Em

Dates & Times

Etsy House will be open in London from 5th – 7th December 2014

Friday 5th December: 10am – 8pm
Saturday 6th December: 10am – 8pm
Sunday 7th December: 12pm – 6pm

etsy house shopping soap

Location

5 Great Newport Street
London
WC2H 7HY

Getting there

Public transport is available close to Covent Garden, Leicester Square and Oxford Circus. Bus and train timetable information can be found here.

map of Etsy House location

Excited by the Christmas Pop Up? Will we be seeing you at Etsy House? Or are you making items for the store? Tweet us @EtsyUK with #EtsyHouse or let us know in the comments below!

1 Featured Comment

• Natalie Wall said 2 years ago Featured

Thank you all for your interest in Etsy House. We're sorry if you missed our open call for submissions posted right here on the UK blog and in the Etsy Success seller newsletter back in September, as well as reminders on the Etsy UK Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.

We selected a really wide variety of sellers across multiple categories to best represent Etsy at our first ever Christmas store, which we are launching in London - but next year, who knows?!

We were heavily oversubscribed for this opportunity and delighted to receive so many fantastic applications, but we are limited by the size of the space so simply could not include everyone.

For those who applied and have not yet received a response from us, we apologise that we have not been in touch sooner but we're sorry to say this means your application has not been successful.

We welcome you to apply for future opportunities and will always share open calls for upcoming marketing initiatives via the Etsy UK blog, social media channels and Etsy Success newsletter, which you can subscribe to here.

In the meantime, why not check in with your local Team to see if they are planning any selling events for Christmas that you might be able to get involved with? Let us know how you get on!

• julietmatthews

Juliet Matthews from FabulousLittleGifts said 2 years ago

This sounds great - a real hand-made Christmas Fair. I'm fairly new to Etsy - but this is something I'd love to be involved in, in future years - how do you select your Etsy sellers please ???!

• ianviggars

Ian Viggars from IanViggarsPaintings said 2 years ago

I'm also interested and would like to know how sellers are selected. There was also an Etsy art show in East London recently that I didn't know about until it was all in place, which is frustrating as I sell paintings on Etsy and live in East London, it would have been lovely to have been involved. Does news like this usually break on Twitter, or on the Facebook page or something? Thanks Ian

• JustJuliet

Juliet Matthews from AnimalPortraitsbyJM said 2 years ago

Ian - I'm with you on this one as I too am an artist selling on Etsy and not so far from London and heard about the Etsy Art Show only after it was all in place too and it sounds like a great idea. Please tell us Etsyians how we get to hear about these fab ideas in advance? Thanks

• Tinkerbrick

Tinkerbrick from Tinkerbrick said 2 years ago

Fantastic Etsy. Another inspirational fun outstanding idea!

• kirstypaterson

Kirsty Paterson from Chillilimeboutique said 2 years ago

I assume all the sellers have been chosen then? I was asked to submit my stuff but then havent heard back either way. Would be nice to get a 'sorry' email at least considering i was asked to apply. :)

• purrfectsparkles

Kat Richards from Purrfectsparkles said 2 years ago

Great idea, first i've heard about it, maybe we could start something similar in the cardiff area, Birmingham, etc the more people we get knowing about Etsy the better it is forever everyone. x

• anacdesigns

AnacDesigns from anacdesigns said 2 years ago

How does one get the opportunity to sell there?

• eggandspoonstudio

Susie Inglis from Eggandspoonstudio said 2 years ago

Love the idea! How can I get involved for any future events like this?

• SuzanneLake

Suzanne Lake from SuzanneLake said 2 years ago

I agree, I was asked to submit my stuff as well and never heard either way, when I enquired awhile ago I was told that they hadn't selected everyone yet and they would get back to me. shame too as I had already been selected as etsy wholesale one of the requirements...... a 'sorry'email would have been good.

• HollyHorton

Holly Horton from HollyHorton said 2 years ago

Such a good idea! I'm really excited to be selling at Etsy House, and can't wait to go along and see all the great offerings from the other sellers participating, too.

• amy8686

Amy from ShockCorridor said 2 years ago

Sounds great! Can't wait to visit!

• CountryAtHeart2008

CountryAtHeart2008 from CountryAtHeart2008 said 2 years ago

I would love to be a part of this, I can make my items into physically pieces and my other shop acottagebythesea.etsy.com has items as well

• LunaRei

LunaRei from LunaRei said 2 years ago

• BobalongPress

Malin Flynn from BobalongPress said 2 years ago

It would be great to know how sellers are selected and also if Etsy are planning any events outside London?

• papertreeshop

Moon Munson from papertreeshop said 2 years ago

What a great opportunity to meet and sell. Shame I'm not available to go with Brighton and Hove Artist Open House.

• holdallandco

holdallandco from Holdallandco said 2 years ago

Can't wait!

• ianviggars

Ian Viggars from IanViggarsPaintings said 2 years ago

Seems a lot of people here have a similar problem to me. I get regular emails from Etsy but these seem to be about buying things rather than being aimed at sellers. Like most people here I'd like every possible chance to be able to put myself forward for these opportunities, instead of feeling like I've missed out. Thanks! Ian

• happychantilly

Anne Happy from HappyChantilly said 2 years ago

Would have loved to be part of this! Will definitely come to visit :) And hope will be asked to show my work next time.

• kaburnett1711

Kim from KimsHandmadeCave said 2 years ago

There was a thread about this on the Etsy UK sellers support team where they were looking for seller. But I'm not sure if they advertise more widely than that. Here is the link to the original thread: https://www.etsy.com/teams/7332/etsys-uk-ireland-seller-support-team/discuss/15198695/ As for events around the country, Etsy doesn't seem to organise any but a lot of teams will organise ones local to them. I know the Brighton team are very active and are having a big fair.

• antdesign

Kashmira Jhaveri from antdesign said 2 years ago

Ditto all comments. Would love to know more about the Etsy selection process. I live in London too and know nothing about this event till now (frustrated). I have enquired about other events but never hear back. Isn't being part of the Etsy community part of their mission statement?

• VanillaKiln

Jude Winnall from VanillaKiln said 2 years ago

It's hard to announce that my work will be at this event when there are so many disappointed sellers. I really feel for you guys. Etsy approached sellers who fullfilled certain criteria and were willing to agree to their terms and conditions. Sorry I can not say more – maybe Etsy will clarify so that sellers like me do not feel guilty and other brilliant shop keepers like yourselves will not feel agrieved?

• claregalloway

Clare Galloway from claresarthouse said 2 years ago

Nice one, Etsy! I do love an occasional pop-up shop! :-D

• gillybeanjewellery

Gilly Page from GillyPageJewellery said 2 years ago

Would love to be involved - like other Etsy sellers - How do I get involved??? Is there a list of criteria that needs to be met in order to qualify for selection??? :)

• ArtisticSideOfLife

Maya Mladenovic from ArtisticSideOfLife said 2 years ago

They did actually write a blog post about it https://blog.etsy.com/uk/2014/09/02/want-to-sell-at-etsy-house-this-christmas/ and there were several ways for shops to get involved via application form and instagram.

• ianviggars

Ian Viggars from IanViggarsPaintings said 2 years ago

Ah @VanillaKiln, no need to feel guilty! It's still brilliant, and great that you got approached. And the Etsy experience for me as a seller is generally very positive.

• hollie600

holllie maltby from poussepoussecitron said 2 years ago

I think you could have applied to take part but like most I totally missed that blog post! They emailed me asking if I would consider being part of the shop obviously I accepted as it's an exciting opportunity. Can't wait to visit in December!

• Natalie Wall said 2 years ago Featured

• wildthingsdresses

Kirsty Hartley from wildthingsdresses said 2 years ago

Good luck guys with the plans,and looking forward to including Wild Things in the mix!

• crystalstonelondon

crystalstonelondon from crystalstonelondon said 2 years ago

I saw the thread, applied, and got in :( Sorry to those that did not make it, but your support would be most welcome....

• getart

Wendy Boezer from GetArt said 2 years ago

That would have been awesome to take part in! But when submissions were opened I didn't even know I would be living in the UK now haha. Will definitely go there in December (and probably buy too many things!). Can't wait!

• emilythepemily

emily boyd from emilythepemily said 2 years ago

I've been selected and really excited. Working hard at printing stock as we speak!! See you in December!

• paisleypat

Patrick Moriarty from PaisleyPowerShop said 2 years ago

how exciting! well done to all those designer/makers selected. Looking forward to coming along to buy some Christmas goodies. Patrick - Southend

• evaart1

Eva Art from EvAtelier1 said 2 years ago

That's great idea and I'm surelly coming to have a look as I should be in London these days! Are you opened also for non-residents to take part? Currently I don't live in UK :-(

• Thepapermuseum

The Paper Museum from Thepapermuseum said 2 years ago

Looking forward to this!

• gorgeousandgreen

Yvonne from BlackbirdHandmade said 2 years ago

Just wanted to say huge congratulations to all the sellers selected for this. What a fantastic opportunity! I can understand the disappointment of those who weren't aware of this, but hopefully there'll be lots more events like this in future. I was so tempted to apply, but I knew I wouldn't have the time to make enough stock so sadly had to pass this time. Would love to attend but it's too far for me. I'm still intending to buy all my xmas presents on etsy though. It's great to support each other :)

• julietmatthews

Juliet Matthews from FabulousLittleGifts said 2 years ago

Congratulations all you Etsy Makers going to the Pop Up Etsy House! I didn't hear about it until now, which is frustrating, but the Etsy Seller Service Help people have been really helpful with my shop, so thank you Etsy for that. Looking forward to seeing all those Etsy treats come to life in London.

• LizzieCollcutt
  • laurenloves

laurenloves from laurenloves said 2 years ago

I would love to know who is responsible for the lovely wooden lamps in the top image in the article, if any one could let me know, I'm hoping they sell through Etsy...?? Thanks so much!!

• Lespetitsbuttons

Sandrine from Lespetitsbuttons said 2 years ago

Great!!!!

• coldhamcuddlies

Isobel Morrell from COLDHAMCUDDLIES said 2 years ago

Afraid I missed ALL the previous notifications, but the one before this - largely because since 2010 when I joined, I haven't found that much of interest to me on EtsyUK sites. Did join a team or two, which were initially helpful, but as time went on, they became less and less relevant!! My New Year resolution - a month or two early - is to check each notification, without fail! Do hope I won't be disappointed as time goes on.

• designbySoniaReis

Sonia Reis from designbySoniaReis said 2 years ago

I just heard about this pop-up shop now!! Is it to late to be part of it? I have stock ready!

• ilkadickens

Ilka Dickens from DickensInk said 2 years ago

Well done to all sellers who made the cut. I'm sure you all deserve it - wishing you all lots of sales

• eanjewellery

Elizabeth Anne Norris from eanjewellery said 2 years ago

Well done everyone ! Hope the pop up shop goes really well for you. I'm taking part in the Brighton Etsy Pop Up and very excited about that one.

• madeincrawley

Jamie Fisher from madeincrawley said 2 years ago

Hello everyone. I didn't know either but congratulations for those who got it to the brighton and london fair. I opened my shop in 2009 and, most of my clients bought from abroad, but I have found that since the launch in London, I have been getting Londoners or UK residents buying from me. So its not all negative as we are all blessed in various ways. so who knows after both fairs there might be an influx of buyers to the Etsy website. Goodluck everyone.

• emilyjohndesigns

emilyjohndesigns from EmilyJohnMakes said 2 years ago

Good luck - looking forward to visiting!

• graceandoscar

deborah morris from graceandoscar said 2 years ago

Gutted! had no idea about this event but hope to pop along too...good luck to those hope you get lots of lovely sales x

• mizog

Tim J from MizogCollectibles said 2 years ago

Wow ! this is certainly of interest in future. Good luck everyone

• sheilatraynor

Sheila Traynor from DesignbySheila said 2 years ago

I'm a newbie to selling on Etsy, though have been buying for a couple of years. This event sounds great. Would love to know about future events. Good luck to all involved.

• emmapawprint

Liliana from Londondollshouses said 2 years ago

What a shame I missed that information, I also live in London and perhaps next time I will be able to apply ! But will try and visit the shop in December.

• melanieoh

Meenu Jewellery Jewellery from MeenuJewellery said 2 years ago

Amazing! Can't wait to go and visit the Pop up shop! Will definitely try my luck next year.

• ceri2014

Ceri Loxley from Astrocal said 2 years ago

Would be interested for next year..... Looks like you'll need a bigger venue!

• REF0RMATl0NS

Craig Anthony from ReformationsUK said 2 years ago

will get on the case for this next year ifthe prices for exhibiting drop .... https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/205466284/a-handmade-modern-retro-abstract-glass?ref=listings_manager_grid

• Jewellery events between now and Christmas! | Adventures through the loupe said 2 years ago

[…] – 7th : Online Marketplace Etsy is setting up an Etsy House for three days only in December in Covent Garden – we’ll be going so keep an eye out […]

• dariobolivar

Sebastian Bolivar from SebastianBolivar said 2 years ago

Good luck!!! :-)

• canvasbutterfly

Colette Lorimer from Canvasbutterfly said 2 years ago

Sounds fantastic!! I would love to see this rolled out in more cities across the UK, I live in Bath near Bristol! wait to hear you are coming my way! Good luck :)

• Hold Your Horses | Christmas pop-ups said 2 years ago

[…] stationery and more will be on offer at Etsy’s pop-up shop in Covent Garden. The first ever Etsy House will open for three days and there will be opportunities to book onto workshops hosted by Etsy […]

• ArtisticSideOfLife

Maya Mladenovic from ArtisticSideOfLife said 2 years ago

So exciting! Cant wait!

• emisashop

EMISAshop from EMISAshop said 2 years ago

Oh, It's a pitty that I saw this advertisement too late... But on the next year I will be in London!

• BluMoon

BluMoon from BluMoon said 2 years ago

How fantastic, I live a long way from London these days but always visit Covent Garden when I am in London visiting family. I haven't put anything in my shop for ages as it all seemed to be going downhill, wish I could get down for the opening!

• WoodsyWools

ACR from WoodsyWools said 2 years ago

This is great, hope everyone involved does well !!

• MaisonMarrakech

MaisonMarrakech from MaisonMarrakech said 2 years ago

We will be displaying and selling our poufs and slippers too! Hope all of you can come.

• Etsy ouvre un nouveau pop up store à Londres pour Noël | Press Loft Blog said 2 years ago

[…] Pour plus d’information concernant les workshop, rendez-vous sur le blog d’Esty (horaires et programme) : https://blog.etsy.com/uk/2014/10/21/etsy_house_pop_up/ […]

• ElizabethMoriarty

Elizabeth Moriarty from ElizabethMoriarty said 2 years ago

I can't find a form to fill in any where on this page re. participation (for 'old' shop owners, neither can I see any way to register interest for next year. Why not put more effort into letting people know how to sell (via email alert for UK shop owners), rather than how to buy.

• HWRDesigns

Helen Rhodes from HWRDesigns said 2 years ago

Good luck everyone! Hope you have a great success, Etsy team Pretty Midlands are hoping to organise a group selling event in the new year so if you are a member keep your eyes peeled . Helen

• EarthWireShirts

Earth Wire Shirts from EarthWireShirts said 2 years ago

Hope it all goes well. Gutted I knew nothing about applying- so hard to know which emails are important and which aren't, but even though I try to scan them all I obviously missed out on this

• Natalie Wall said 2 years ago

We also promoted the open call on here and through all our EtsyUK social media channels - so make sure you've subscribed to keep up-to-date with future events! :)

• theceltictherapist

theceltictherapist from TheCelticTherapist said 2 years ago

Good Luck everyone. Sounds like Etsy in the UK is now moving in a much more positive direction with much more opportunities for sellers. I will definitely be popping by. Can't wait to see it xx

• rootyruth

Ruth from NaturalRuthRomano said 2 years ago

It would be great if you would consider having one of these in Manchester please!!!

• Tafipiri

Tafipiri from Tafipiri said 2 years ago

I would love to go and see all the things people are making. Good luck everyone!

• currantillustration

Jennifer from CurrantStudio said 2 years ago

Very exciting! Hope everyone has lots of success!

• tripathismriti

Smriti from DesiFabrics said 2 years ago

some beautiful finds out there

• Avélére at Etsy House | Avélére. said 2 years ago

[…] If you are interested in coming along to support Avélére and get your hands on your very own Brass Hanging Rail then we look forward to seeing you there! To find out more information about the event check this link: Etsy House Info […]

• AllyFashion

Tina Giuntini from AllyFashion said 2 years ago

Good luck to everyone participating. I look forward to seeing you there!

• goodintent

karen from goodintent said 2 years ago

Can't wait to see my sleeping bags and all the other sellers at Etsy House on Friday!!! Good luck everyone :o)

• macheanimal

Macheanimal animal from Macheanimal said 2 years ago

Good luck!

• miacharro

Mia Charro from OhMammaMia said 2 years ago

Wow! it looks so good!

• Christmas gift ideas: handmade and personalised gifts | Britishstyleuk said 2 years ago

[…] order online at www.little-willows.co.uk. This weekend I’m popping along to the launch of Etsy House, the first-ever UK Etsy pop-up shop located in the heart of London’s Covent Garden. The three-day […]

• WeAreUniqueTeam

We Are Unique Team said 2 years ago

What an exciting new market! Wishing you much success!

• Things To Do In London: Friday 5 December 2014 | Londonist said 2 years ago

[…] POP-UP: Online fashion shopping hub Etsy launches its first pop-up shop today. Etsy House will be in Covent Garden for three days, selling a selection of gift ideas. Until 7 […]

• chokerbali

Caroline Horlor from AtelierChokerbali said 2 years ago

Well well I was featured on Etsy UK in September. Atelier Chokerbali I never knew the pop up shop was going to happen. :-( I would have tried to get in.... Oh well next year then. I'll go and see wht it all looks like. Good luck everybody.

• Things To Do In London: Friday 5 December 2014 - London Easy said 2 years ago

• Things To Do In London: Friday 5 December 2014 - Londres Easy said 2 years ago

• acebulak

Agnieszka Cebulak from SaltyArtUK said 2 years ago

It looks like we are many disappointed UK sellers who didn't even find out about this event. Im not only from UK , Im based in London. Why I didt received any email about it? Not only as a seller but as well as a possible visitor. Totally, totally disappointed.

• Central London Christmas Itinerary | quirkylondonitinerary said 2 years ago

[…] from the ceilings and a dazzling reindeer. The store at number 5 Great Newport Street is home to an Etsy Pop Up and check out the giant gingerbread in the piazza at 31 James St. Don’t forget to do some […]

• Stop Look Listen: Three things to do this week | said 2 years ago

[…] What: Etsy House Where: Covent Garden, London, WC2H When: Until Sunday 7 December 12 – 6pm (10 – 8pm Saturday) […]

• London designer maker markets: Sunday 7th December - said 2 years ago

[…] (image: via Etsy blog) […]

• Jeweltailor

Jeweltailor from Jeweltailor said 2 years ago

Went along today after queuing for 20 minutes and it was nice to see a varied mix of designers - expected more atmosphere and cheer but I guess it was day 3 and crowded! An idea for next year may be to ask etsians to vote for our favourite designers to take part or a lottery system as even in the queue many were talking about how they wanted to get involved

• pomella

pomella from pomella said 2 years ago

wow sounds great, shame I could not make it - but hope it was a huge success :)

• I love Wool and the Gang | Modest London said 2 years ago

[…] learning to knit bloody cool. A friend of mine invited me along to a snood knitting workshop at Etsy House; a gorgeous, fleeting pop up store near Leicester Square. I’ve not knitted a single thing […]

• Etsy Pop-UP | H&G Living Beautifully said 2 years ago

[…] Etsy House runs from  5-7 December at 5 Great Newport St, London, WC2H 7HY. For more details, call 020 3301 4727 or visit etsy.com. […]

• CGWeddingFlowers

Clair Butler from CGWeddingFlowers said 1 year ago

Sounds like a great initiative. I've just upended up on Etsy, but I'd definitely be interested in other seller events. Hope the event goes really well for all of those sellers involved.