Harry Potter Studios opens new Dark Arts section

Oct 2, 2014

by Becky Jones

Harry Potter Studios are opening a new Dark Arts section to coincide with Halloween. The Warner Bros studio has launched a permanent addition to the tour that will give Potter-fans a glimpse into some of the darker sides of the wizarding world.

The opening will coincide with a Halloween-themed take-over of the Studios from October 17th to November 3rd – additions include a halloween feast displayed in the Great Hall, ominous death-eaters wandering the streets of Diagon Alley and an interactive duelling lesson!

In the permanent Dark Arts section, you can expect to see creepy artefacts from Borgin and Burkes; the dark arts shop in Knockturn Alley where Harry ends up after a mis-hap with Floo Powder,  or you can wander around the set of Malfoy Manor; the headquarters of Lord Voldemort’s followers and then examine up close the puke-inducing putrid pink set of Dolores Umbridge’s office.

WB Studio Malfoy Manor

Now, I must confess that when I visited the Harry Potter Studios, I went decked out in all my Harry Potter gear: t-shirt, earrings, socks – the works. Fancy dressing up for your visit? Or maybe your starting early on the Halloween costumes? Check out these Dark Arts-inspired Etsy finds…

Dark Arts Collage 2

1. The Dark Arts Spell-book Journal, ArabellaFigg, £9 (great name!)
2. Death Eater Mask, LMEMasks, £43
3. Death Eaters T-shirt, NIFTShirts, £12
4. Dark Mark Temporary Tattoo, GeekInkDesigns, £4

As a self-confessed HP addict (the boy-wizard, not the sauce), I can’t wait to get another peek behind-the-scenes into the creation of Harry’s magical universe. As if I needed another excuse to go again…

Are you as Harry-Potter-obsessed as us? Will you be checking out the new Dark Arts section? What costume will you be donning on Halloween? Lets us know in the comments below or tweet us @EtsyUK!

• ggsarts

Karen Ruffles from DrawingInDark said 5 years ago

This is right up my street - I'm exhibiting some of my monsters at the Bram Stoker Film Festival in Whitby this October :)

• gringrimaceandsqueak

Karen and Rich from gringrimaceandsqueak said 5 years ago

We'll be out in full regalia this halloween at Whitby Goth Weekend - masks and all :) Can't think of a better place to be celebrating !

• featherandsixpence2

May from handletteredwithlove said 5 years ago

Gaaaagghhh I am SO there. Definitely Potter-obsessed here :) Me & my little boy have infact just watched The Prisoner Of Azkhaban this afternoon!

• AndyWise1

Andy Wise said 5 years ago

The Harry Potter Studios are always worth a visit and there's SO much great Harry Potter inspired stuff on Etsy which (in my case) I've got for my Potterhead kids. Weasley Freckle is their current favourite shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WeasleyFreckle/ It's spot on for teenage Harry Potter fans!

• keshigomuhanko

nico from JapaneseRubberStamps said 5 years ago

It is funny, Thank you for the info.

• LizzieCollcutt
  • WeasleyFreckle

Eleanor from WeasleyFreckle said 5 years ago

I love the Harry Potter studios, they're amazing! Thanks for mentioning our shop (: Check us out, we ship worldwide and do unique fandom designs!

• ArabellaFigg

Arabella Figg from ArabellaFigg said 5 years ago

Wow, I can't wait to visit the studio tour again! A must for any HP fan! Thank you for featuring my Dart Arts Spellbook Journal :-)

• ManicManx

Kristi from ManicManx said 5 years ago

Looks like too much fun. Wish I could go.

• jennymaynatural

Jennifer Tracy from JennyMayNatural said 5 years ago

i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lotusheart01

Bel from TheLotusHeart said 5 years ago

I NEED to go, somebody shout me a ticket, quick! ;)

• MintyCandy

Artie from qwelqwel said 5 years ago

Looks so amazing! Would love to go!

• WeasleyFreckle

Eleanor from WeasleyFreckle said 5 years ago

Thanks for the mention Andy! I went to Harry Potter Studios when it first opened and loved it!

• freyabryonyjones

John Jones from JackInTheGreenwood said 5 years ago

I sold one of my wands to The animation dept,Warner Bros in Hollywood last year. I wonder if it has anything to do with this event?

• tobyoliverdean

Toby Oliver Dean from ilikeCATSshop said 5 years ago

Harry Potter 4ever!!!!

• michellecharter

Michelle Prinold from VanillaRetro said 5 years ago

LOVE the Harry Potter studio. However, it was an absolute mission to drive down there from Liverpool, so I doubt I'll go there again. Nice to see the dark arts being indulged for Halloween :)

• LaviniasTeaParty

Lavinia from LaviniasTeaParty said 5 years ago

Love it!

• melspidertree

Mel Spidertree from SpidertreeEmporium said 5 years ago

I went to the HP Studios last Halloween and it was fantastic. They had the death-eaters there then and my kids loved it. Would love to wander round the set of Malfoy Manor sometime. So difficult to chose what to buy in the shop though as there are so many great things too buy. :)

• goodnightboutique

Laura from goodnightboutique said 5 years ago

Love Harry Potter & really enjoyed the Studio Tour when we went in January. My Hogwarts house inspired postcards have been doing well ever since I added them :)