Want to sell at Etsy House this Christmas?

Sep 2, 2014

by Susannah Bradley

Every year at Christmas, loads of gift-buyers visit Etsy.com. This coming season, we’re excited to bring our sellers’ items directly to shoppers on the ground with our very own pop up!

This December, we’ll be launching Etsy House, our first ever UK pop-up shop for three days in London. Located in the heart of Covent Garden, the event will feature products from UK Etsy sellers across multiple categories: art, home decor, bath & body, clothing, jewellery, furniture, stationery, and more. Like our magical New York Holiday Pop-up Shop, shoppers will be able to buy gifts in person.

Our New York pop up was great fun and successful too. During the 10-day event, we hosted over 20,000 guests; 50% of them had never bought from an Etsy seller before. We’re so excited to get the word out about Etsy to loads of new buyers with this season’s event.

If you have an active shop on Etsy, there are a couple of ways to get involved:

1. Nominate your item to be sold at Etsy House APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED

We are looking for beautiful Etsy products from the UK that make great gifts for our Christmas pop up. If you’d like to see your items on the shelves, apply here by midnight 8 September!

2. Nominate an item to showcase at Etsy House APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED

Etsy House is also looking for a few one-off, inspiring pieces to showcase. We are looking for big, impactful items that really highlight the talent and craftsmanship here in the UK. You can nominate any of your items that are currently for sale on Etsy, but keep in mind we are looking for big statement pieces like gorgeous furniture, large scale artworks, striking vintage finds (like a suit of chainmail) or bold light installations.

To nominate your item for the showcase:

• Follow EtsyUK on Instagram
  • Post a photo of your most wow-worthy item with the tag #showcaseseller and mention @EtsyUK
  • You must include your shop URL in the comment! (We can’t find you without this!)

Deadline to submit your photo to be considered for the showcase is midnight on 19th September.

We will notify you via convo if your item has been accepted for the showcase by Friday 26th September.

Whether or not your items are included in Etsy House, we hope you will drop into the pop-up store in December – find out full details here!

If you’re excited by this opportunity but not currently selling on Etsy, why not open a shop and apply? Get started with 20 free listings! Enter the code: ETSYHOUSELONDON at etsy.com/promotion (new sellers only).

2 Featured Comments

• SusannahBanane Admin

Susannah B from SusannahBananeShop said 4 years ago Featured

Thanks for these questions! You can also pop over to the Team thread here where we are all discussing: https://www.etsy.com/teams/7332/etsys-uk-ireland-seller-support-team/discuss/15198695/page/2 Remember to be part of the pop up, you must have your items listed in your Etsy shop. If you don't have an Etsy shop you won't be able to participate. If you are interested in having your items in the pop up, first apply through the form linked in the blog post. Successful applicants will be contacted with more details and next steps, which will include applying for Etsy Wholesale. Sellers who have a large, inspiring piece (that might be one of a kind but isn't required to be) should apply through instagram for the showcase. Sellers selected for the showcase will not need to join Etsy Wholesale. Keep your eye on the blog for more details about when and where the pop up will be held in December!

• SusannahBanane Admin

Susannah B from SusannahBananeShop said 4 years ago Featured

For those of you interested in participating in pop ups in regions outside of London, be sure to join a local team. Several are putting on pop ups all around the UK this Christmas season!

• chambyandcor

Rose from UnwrapColour said 4 years ago

This sounds amazing! I'll definitely be popping down to London for a visit! I see that you also need to be accepted to Etsy Wholesale to apply... are applications only open to handmade sellers then?

• Natalie Wall said 4 years ago

You need to be able to supply multiple units of product styles, so technically yes... however, if you want to be considered to showcase your stuff, apply via Instagram as above. We're looking for AMAZING things for that bit so we can flex the rules a little... ;)

• emmawyatt3

Emma Wyatt from EmmaWyattArt said 4 years ago

Sounds great, I'll see if I can pop down to take a look. It's a shame most of my things are one of a kind.

• magicforestshop1

Magic Forest Zara from MagicForestSupplies said 4 years ago

will you be interested in beautiful organic supplies for making things too?

• cattyvonbatty

Cat Baggs said 4 years ago

My mother makes beautiful British sterling silver jewellery, but she is not registered as a business, could she sell at a pop up? How would it all work. We (her family and close friends who are lucky enough to have received her jewellery as gifts) all think her stuff is of a quality of selling. Please cam you advise? This might be quite a good way of increasing her confidence! Many thanks :)

• chanchala

Chanchala from Chanchala said 4 years ago

Fantastic! I've not applied for Etsy wholesale yet but was just looking into it. I will definitely apply for this though!

• Tanky

Ella Goodwin from ShopMissElla said 4 years ago

Great to see an Etsy pop up over here! :)

• keshigomuhanko

nico from JapaneseRubberStamps said 4 years ago

It is big opportunity! Thank you for this informational.

• andrewleonard4

Samantha Leonard from Zingaboo said 4 years ago

Natalie - Can you clarify how we can apply to Etsy Wholesale if we (in the UK) do not list in USD but only list in GBP? Sound like a great opportunity and I will apply if I can!

• HessianandBurlap

Bev from HessianandBurlap said 4 years ago

Exciting opportunity, great location and look forward to seeing more pop ups further afield!

• SixSkeins

Steph from SixSkeins said 4 years ago

Sounds fantastic, what a great opportunity! Wish I could be there to have a good browse around in person too. :)

• Lespetitsbuttons

Sandrine from Lespetitsbuttons said 4 years ago

Great! Sounds amazing :)

• theartmachine1

Angela Woodhouse from theartmachine1 said 4 years ago

What dates in Dec please?

• SusanJeanPeters

Susan Jean Peters from susanjeanpeters said 4 years ago

Hi. Very exciting. I wanted to submit to the showcase, but I do not have Iphone/Ipad etc for Instagram. I do use tumblr etc. I am, due to upload size AO Fine Art Print and would have be great to apply.

• Pennyjanedesigns

Penny Dixon from Pennyjanedesigns said 4 years ago

How interesting. I only just got set up with Instagram yesterday! It's been on my to do list for ages!

• GVEGA

G Vega from GVEGA said 4 years ago

Great idea, shame I am in Spain!

• guidouxvintage

Guidoux Vintage from GuidouxVintage said 4 years ago

Brilliant idea to have a pop-up shop in Covent Garden, I love the market! Will definitely visit that day!

• susanhandmadehome

Susan Penny from susanpennyhandmade said 4 years ago

Brilliants idea! . . . Have you thought of regional pop ups. For those in rural areas London is a long way!

• CorsetLacedMannequin

Lucy Curtis from CorsetLacedMannequin said 4 years ago

Sounds great but I don't want to be a wholesaler. However, I'd love to lend one of my mannequins for display in the pop up shop :)

• wren1979

Karen Dunn from DunnCrafting said 4 years ago

Great idea - we make small items for gifts so not really suitable as you are looking for big statement items - but we'll definitely pop in for a browse.

• hybridhandmade

Cari-Jane Hakes from hybridhandmade said 4 years ago

It doesn't say you have to be registered as an Etsy wholesaler for the pop up shop opportunity unless I'm missing something in this article! Great idea and fabulous that the Uk Etsy team are bringing this event to London!

• CreateTheCut

Create The Cut from CreateTheCut said 4 years ago

I love how Etsy is growing here in the UK!

• kcsj

Jantra K from JantraK said 4 years ago

"Sellers accepted to sell at Etsy House will need to also be accepted into Etsy Wholesale." This information is just one click away - for those in doubt. Would be great, but with this tiny little restriction, I don't stand a chance.

• variousof

variousof from variousof said 4 years ago

all my items are one of a kind does this mean that I cannot participare in Etsy UK? If I can, do I have to become a wholesaler? Thank you!

• variousof

variousof from variousof said 4 years ago

All my items are one of a kind. Does this mean that I cannot participate in Etsy House? If I can, do I have to become wholesaler?

• gothronicia

Mari from MokokoLabs said 4 years ago

Ohh, I wish I was from UK or NY. :)

• cathpaperart

Cathy from SeaMeadowDesigns said 4 years ago

Fab idea, wish I was nearer! :)

• gaiacrystals

Yvonne Williams from gaiacrystals said 4 years ago

Could someone clarify please whether sellers would need to be present, or whether we would just be couriering our stuff to London. I'd love to be involved but no way could I travel to the other end of the country in my busiest month in my other job!

• CHARLIEPU

Heather Pugh from CUTIEDOG said 4 years ago

Lovely idea, very exciting !!

• aratidevasher

Arati Devasher from AratiDevasher said 4 years ago

How sad. I only make one-of-a-kind pieces, so this wouldn't work for me.

• SusannahBanane Admin

Susannah B from SusannahBananeShop said 4 years ago Featured

• amydownthelane

Amy from AmyDownTheLane said 4 years ago

This is wonderful - and a pop up will be fantastic for Etsy. Definitely going to apply!

• katmartin2

kat martin from katmartin2 said 4 years ago

this sounds a great idea...as a one woman band who, in varying degrees, makes all her own work...this sort of thing would be a fantastic opportunity. Although some of my pieces are unique the design can be repeated..but my customers are still getting unique work...its an exciting opportunity!

• MustardCityVintage

Marie Allen from MustardCityVintage said 4 years ago

My items dont really fit the brief but Etsy could consider moving out of London for the pop-up - or consider multiple pop ups in different locations all on the same day - a sort of Etsy Day all over the UK. I`m sure that regional etsy sellers would love to be involved in sourcing venues - there are lots of empty shops all over the place - perhaps Etsy could supply each group with etsy branding, banners etc.

• sapphire8888

Sapphire Kavanagh from SapphiresArmouries said 4 years ago

Sounds fantastic! I don't think I would be able to produce wholesale at this time though, especially with the stock limit I have in my current workshop (space is very limited!). It's something I would be very interested in next year though :) I might have something to apply for the showcase if I have it completed by the deadline. I'll have to make an instagram account just in case :)

• monikahgallery

Monika Howarth Artbymonika from artbymonika said 4 years ago

Great idea!!!

• tripathismriti

Smriti from DesiFabrics said 4 years ago

I got an invite :) thank you!

• SusannahBanane Admin

Susannah B from SusannahBananeShop said 4 years ago Featured

• textilechicken

textilechicken from textilechicken said 4 years ago

my products are one offs but i will definately go and visit. Good to spread the etsy word.

• florinandsixpence

Gail Hoban from Florinandsixpence said 4 years ago

Shame I missed deadline for entry, only just found out about your team, I hope to visit in December once you announce dates. Sounds great.

• homedecorlab

SW from HomeDecorLab said 4 years ago

Wonderful opportunity! Way to go Etsy UK.

• MatthewCalvin

Matthew Calvin from MatthewCalvin said 4 years ago

Gutted to have missed this opportunity :(

• JewelsOfYours

Debi Cummins from DeCumiDesigns said 4 years ago

Oh dear, I've just come across this and missed the opportunity also! boo, hoo! Good news though, I've been accepted for Etsy wholesale! whoopee!

• midroom

Nicky Grace from NickyGrace said 4 years ago

I wish I'd heard about this in time to apply !

• GracesFavours

Simmi from GracesFavours said 4 years ago

Has anyone heard back about the Showcase? Today was D-Day!

• LizzieCollcutt
  • thewoollydog

thewoollydog from thewoollydog said 4 years ago

Hi, I missed the 19th for the big item (son went into hospital) if you are still in need of big items (have a couple of big cushions in and out of etsy shop) is there any chance you can post the application for any of us again please? thank you.

• mazecouture

Miss Ruth from AFRICANISEDSHOP said 4 years ago

I will love to be a part of this.

• REF0RMATl0NS