6 super fashion finds inspired by the Supermoon

Aug 11, 2014

by Natalie Wall

Wasn’t Sunday’s Supermoon, well, super?

Lighting up the skies above Britain and closer to the earth than it has been in over twenty years,  the moon appeared 14 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter than usual. Show-off.

If you missed it, fear not. The next Supermoon is due to make an appearance on 9th September. And in the meantime, we’ve picked some rather lovely lunar-inspired finds that aren’t at all out of this world – they’re all handmade by sellers based right here in the UK!

Don’t be phased by the Supermoon, just wear it instead. This beautiful necklace, handmade in Farnham, features the five phases of the moon, set in silver and encased in glass. Beautiful.

This tattoo design is so cool, we might even be tempted to forgo the transfer and get the real thing inked straight onto our back, perhaps in time for the next Supermoon sighting? Mum: Only kidding…

Not strictly a fashion find, but this little porcelain plate, hand illustrated in Southampton, is sure to jazz up any interior. OR you can use it to store all the delightful jewellery from the rest of this page, right? RIGHT.

We’re getting a little starry-eyed over this crescent moon galaxy necklace. Not only is it handmade in Leeds but the price is a down-to-earth (geddit?) £7.50.

Nod to the 90s with a mis-matched pair of sun and moon earrings. Just add a yin yang necklace/tattoo necklace/denim dungs for a full-on throwback that’s oh-so now.

We couldn’t resist including this amazing full moon cushion from Korea (yup, we cheated). IT GLOWS IN THE DARK. Makes the stickers we had on our ceiling as a kid look a little bit lame-o. Oh well.

Have you spotted any super celestial Etsy finds of your own? Share them below!

If you enjoyed this, you might like these eighteen items inspired by the moon, the planets, and the many mysteries of after-dark

18 celestial finds.

• printsofheart

Lisa from PrintsOfHeart said 5 years ago

I am pretty taken with all the space, galaxy and 'mooney' at the moment. Great finds here EtsyUK woop woop..... Share our own too? Ok then :) https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/196262821/moon-print-sleep-tight-bedroom-art?ref=listing-0

• ArtisticSideOfLife

Maya Mladenovic from ArtisticSideOfLife said 5 years ago

Aww these are so beautiful! I love the moon and I often use it in my art collages. Thanks for sharing. Here is my recent collage with the moon and shooting stars! https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/199015671/print-art-for-wall-decor-collage-art-for?ref=shop_home_active_10

• peonyandthistle

Peony and Thistle from PeonyandThistle said 5 years ago

Lovely finds! It's been such a great summer for beautiful moons! It's not often we have clear skies in Scotland but we've had such lovely weather this summer that we've been able to see a lot of the moon. We have a moon and stars bunting - https://www.etsy.com/listing/183226299/moon-and-stars-bunting-eco-friendly

• annaweaver277

ANNA WEAVER from annaweaver277 said 5 years ago

I like your things ,would like to see more-------anna

• katrinaalana

Katrina Alana from KatrinaAlana said 5 years ago

Love the bracelet!

• Agasart

Aga from AgasJourney said 5 years ago

very nice finds. Thank you for sharing. Here is my moon :) https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/170604064/the-moon

• faffytea

Faffy Tea from FaffyTea said 5 years ago

I love the tattoo, although I'm too much of a wimp to get one. Beautiful!

• RZOBOUTIQUE

Rachael, Zoelle and Oriel from RZOBOUTIQUE said 5 years ago

out of this world!

• jurassicjewellery

Ian Barrett from IanBarrettJewellery said 5 years ago

If you love the Moon then please check out my Moon dust necklace - made with real Moon dust! I am a meteorite collector who has made a unique collection of jewellery usin real meteorites and also fossils My Moon dust necklace has been sold around the World and even been offered on the ' I F##ing Love Science ' Facebook page and been seen by its 17 Million fans https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/115094559/stunning-moon-dust-necklace-wear-a-real

• Kaledo

Kathryn Maule from Kaledo said 5 years ago

Great finds. I love anything moon and star related. Here's one of my pendants. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/183204203/sterling-silver-and-solid-9ct-gold-moon?ref=shop_home_feat_1

• lannapants

Bangkokpants Pants from bangkokpants said 5 years ago

i love moon light hug pillow !!!

• HippieBros

HippieBros from hippieBros said 5 years ago

its for lovers..super cool..kalimba de luna....!!!!

• jillcarter250

Elizabeth Aurora from AuroraGemBoutique said 5 years ago

I love the bracelet and the glow cushion! I think I may have to do a moon themed treasury myself now you've given me the idea! I have a few items containing moons in my shop, here are my "Dusk Earrings" https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/190583652/dusk-sodalite-hill-tribe-silver-crescent?ref=shop_home_active_18

• mjhenriksen

Michelle Henriksen from RockChickJewels said 4 years ago

I did a moon themed treasury a little while back !! https://www.etsy.com/uk/treasury/NDU5NzI5MTN8MjcyNjIxOTA3OA/i-see-the-moon?index=19&ref=pr_treasury_more&atr_uid=