Actually Affordable Art

Oct 15, 2013

by Jo Casley

October is art fair month in London, with Frieze art fair taking place in Regent’s Park from October 17th and the Affordable Art Fair coming to Battersea on October 24th, plus satellite fairs like The Other Art Fair and Big Deal providing an alternative scene.

jo_blog_profile

Whether your preference is for old masters or the hottest new young artists, throughout the capital there will be no shortage of inspiration. Starting your own art collection can seem prohibitively expensive, however, with many works on sale seeming less than affordable… But art should be for everyone, so we’ve created our own gallery featuring just a few of the wonderfully talented artists on Etsy.

Art under £100

Art under £100
curated by Etsy UK on Etsy

From mixed media collages to sculpture, acrylic paintings to pencil drawings, the diversity and quality of art never fails to amaze us.

With prints from less than £20, that’s seriously affordable art. Tear down those posters and create your own gallery wall!

Prints under £20

Art prints under £20
curated by Etsy UK on Etsy

Who is your favourite artist on Etsy? We’d love to know!

Don’t forget to follow Etsy UK on Etsy Pages to keep up with our latest finds.

Etsy UK on Etsy

• thebibliophile

thebibliophile from thebibliophile said 6 years ago

Hadn't heard about the Affordable Art Fair before this, definitely need to visit that! Personally I'm currently a big fan of photographic postcards. I don't really have the wall space for proper large prints or artworks, but postcards are nice as I can use them to decorate my wardrobe doors, my bookcase and dot them around my room to brighten up the place up without taking over the walls :)

• PurpleStMellion

Lou Mills-Watts from PurpleFeltCrafts said 6 years ago

Ooh I wish I had time to attend....a bit far from Cornwall. Busy making things for Christmas craft fair's. My page is PurpleFeltCrafts. Ooh also busy building a cabin for my workshops...all go.

• lilianfairall

Lilian Fairall from LilianFairall said 6 years ago

Really like the flamingo print and the yellow building underneath it! Awesome finds! :)

• Tanky

Ella Goodwin from ShopMissElla said 6 years ago

Great to see art for all being encouraged! I've done some fairs and they've been great. I do also end up spending all of my earnings! :D

• Tanky

Ella Goodwin from ShopMissElla said 6 years ago

Great to see Art for All being encouraged! I've done some affordable art fairs which have been fantastic, such eclectic and beautiful work there I usually spend anything I earn!

• charlottekan

Charlotte from CharlotteKan said 6 years ago

Love the story! Thanks for adding one of my pieces to the mix. I have a couple of Etsy artworks at home and will be adding more in the future. It is a great place to find pieces for a gallery wall I would love to do.

• realfaery

realfaery from realfaery said 6 years ago

Oh, thanks, I never heard of these fairs but in October I am around London, so hope to check some out. Thanks for the tips!

• CreateTheCut

Create The Cut from CreateTheCut said 6 years ago

Oh so cool. Wish I was closer!

• henrif

Henrietta Fernandez from HenriettaFernandez said 6 years ago

Think you forgot to mention Made London! I'm exhibiting...it was great last year and this year the bar is even higher with a fantastic selection of brilliant contemporary craft and design, and its in a beautiful location in Marylebone, right opposite Gt Portland St tube! www.madelondon.org

• carolinefield

Caroline Field from BetsyBadge said 6 years ago

I keep meaning to get there but never have the time! Such great opportunities for buyers and sellers. Affordable art is a fantastic way to give your home some personality.

• thecyclingartist

Tina Mammoser from GeologyArt said 6 years ago

I'm really pleased to have paintings at the Affordable Art Fair. yay! Thanks for mentioning it. Still trying to nab a ticket to Frieze for research if you happen to know a good source for freebies. :)

• textiletreasure

Heidi Meier from TextileTreasure said 6 years ago

Anything which encourages art has got to be a good thing! I need to get some of my prints listed on here again!

• guidouxvintage

Guidoux Vintage from GuidouxVintage said 6 years ago

Will definitely go! Thank you for sharing!

• Lespetitsbuttons

Sandrine from Lespetitsbuttons said 6 years ago

Definitely need to visit the Affordable Art Fair! Nice gallery :)

• donnajgifts

Donna J from CafeOhana said 6 years ago

Lovely lovely art, plenty of inspirations!

• cathpaperart

Cathy from SeaMeadowDesigns said 6 years ago

Such a wealth of talent here!, would love to go to the fair if I lived closer :)

• Agasart

Aga from AgasJourney said 6 years ago

inspiring and interesting art works. thank you for sharing

• elfoto

Evija Laivina from ArtByAbrakadabra said 6 years ago

one day I would like to participate :)

• stephanieharlow4

Stephanie Harlow from HarlowsParlour said 6 years ago

Art is so subjective and the artworks here are a great example of this. Harlow's Parlour also has a range of illustrations & collages - WINK WINK ;)

• GaryRam

Gary and Heather from littleRamstudio said 6 years ago

Love to have attended and hey someone is using our strap line! Here' where the affordable art is at on Etsy!

• GaryRam

Gary and Heather from littleRamstudio said 6 years ago

Wish we could attend...but are doing our own thing here on Etsy to promote Affordable Art from our little Studio in the north of UK.

• LoveButtons

Julia K Walton from FireHorseVintageHQ said 6 years ago

Would love to be able to attend these, but they are a little far to travel to from Scotland! I am happy to say that a nearby gallery (Gracefield Arts in Dumfries) has a mini print exhibtion every year and they have all sorts of styles of art work and are very affordable. We have a collection of one (!) so far, but will hope to add to it every year.

• ShreenJewellery

Shreen Ayob from shreenayob said 6 years ago

I've just started painting this year and dream of being able to attend the affordable art fair one day with my paintings. :]

• nicolahurrell

Nicola Hurrell from TalesofmrsH said 6 years ago

That sounds like a great place to vist ! Notvsur I can manage it this year - maybe next year - would love to know the date a little further in advance !

• ana92pl

Anna G from ana92pl said 6 years ago

Adorable works!!

• azoegarner

Zoe Garner from ArtinInteriors said 6 years ago

Love all your great pieces

• byleahcarroll

Leah Carroll from ByLeahCarroll said 6 years ago

Amazing work.... Need to get some screenprints up! Great post! :)