Etsy Statistics: June 2013 Weather Report

Jul 16, 2013

by Michelle Traub

We’ve got your summer reading list right here! Check out the monthly stats for a dose of knowledge, such as a 51.5% increase from June 2012?s to June 2013?s total of dollars of goods sold. (At the same time, items sold were up 58.7% year over year.)

The stats:

• $93.8 million of goods  (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in June, 8.8% lower than May’s $102.9
  • That represents 4,683,212* items sold for the month, 8.5% lower than May
  • 2,613,652 items were listed in the month, 8.5% lower than May’s 2,855,505
  • 922,443 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, 5.6% lower than May’s 977,061
  • 1.62 billion page views were recorded on the site in June**

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in June 2013!

*Ed. Note: We discovered an error in how this statistic had been calculated, and have since corrected the figures to be more accurate.

**Please note that we are now including app page views in this count.

Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.

• AstaRem

Asta from CozyCappuccino said 4 years ago

thank you for statistics! what an increase from the last year . and june is a little bit lower than may - holiday season, so i think it is normal

• breadandroses2

breadandroses2 from breadandroses2 said 4 years ago

Not bad. School's out and folks travel or just want to be outdoors enjoying summer. Many have asked, as I have too, for a stats breakdown of sales per category: Handmade, Vintage and Supplies. Is that on the horizon, soon?

• Rustika

Rustika from RustikaPhotography said 4 years ago

This is really good info. I always like to see the big picture...

• FiddlestyxStudios

Martha Johnson from FiddlestyxStudios said 4 years ago

• glendalee

glenda puhek from glendalee said 4 years ago

Martha Johnson from FiddlestyxStudios says: It's really great that Etsy provides this information for us. It would be awesome to be able to view it in a form like our individual shop stats where we can see specific time frames and overall stats in graph form for comparisons. Weeding through the written content in past weather reports is a bit tedious and trends are harder to spot. I like this idea too!

• meganbailey44

Megan Bailey from SwellLove said 4 years ago

This is interesting information. I think that this helps me stay positive about the global marketplace and hope the summer heat encourages people to sell and shop!

• vinylclockwork

Scott from vinylclockwork said 4 years ago

These are always helpful and I look forward to the winter months hopefully lots of people shopping this season on Etsy

• IamTruLuv

Theresa Roth from SuperLoveShop said 4 years ago

Great report, I am so glad you publish this and so glad I found it.

• greengrass4men

Liz M from TheFoxAndFig said 4 years ago

Fantastic stats! Here's to a good holiday season!

• SarahOfSweden

Sarah Flood from SarahOfSweden said 4 years ago

Thank you so much for this information. I sell on Etsy since 2009 and it's exciting to see Etsy grow so fast.

• BizzieLizzie

Bizzie from BizzieLizzieHandmade said 4 years ago

WOW - I'm shocked! This June was my 2nd worst month, to date, on Etsy. June 2012 was one of my absolute best months of all time, on Etsy. Interesting!

• jax71896

Jackie E. from NorthernCottageGifts said 4 years ago

I'm just seeing this feature for the first time (it takes me awhile - lol). Thanks for the info. It is exciting to watch "us" grow. Blessings from Alaska, Jackie

• krjewelrydisplays

Kathy from krjewelrydisplays said 4 years ago

Thanks for putting this report out!

• ClosetGothic

Janne Perry from ClosetGothic said 4 years ago

I always like to get the calculator out with the Etsy Weather Reports and it's always good to see the average sale $ increasing month by month. In a time of recession, that's to be celebrated!

• crochetgal

crochetgal from crochetgal said 4 years ago

Interesting figures. But would it be possible to give an accurate comparison and compare June 2013 with June 2012? May vs June is nice but its really not providing that much information.

• ElainaLouiseStudios

Lisa Steiner from ElainaLouiseStudios said 4 years ago

Thanks for the report! I always look forward to reading it.

• staats25

Drew from DrewsCollectibles said 4 years ago

Yes how about May 2013 VS 2012 2011 2010... How many members are on etsy total now?

• Heart2Handbags

Amy from Heart2Handbags said 4 years ago

It does say that there was a 51.5% increase over last June.

• LaserGlass

LaserGlass from LaserGlass said 4 years ago

Awesome to see Etsy's growth! Thanks for sharing.

• Seemart

Seemaz from Seemart said 4 years ago

Great! Thanks for all the awesome information.

• AcrossLeather

Lawrence Carter from AcrossLeather said 4 years ago

There's inspiration in those numbers. Thanks for sharing! Larry

• VintageResearch

Allison from VintageResearch said 4 years ago

This is great info to have! Hooray for Etsy growth!

• mollycrafts55

Maureen from Craftin4College said 4 years ago

Wow, this is interesting. I've never been to the blogs before. I just started my shop in March,so really don't have much to compare anything to... yet....

• LanaManisDesigns

Lana Manis from LanaManisDesigns said 4 years ago

I agree with Martha Johnson and Glenda - charts and graphs would be great! I also have a question: Is someone still doing upcoming trend forecasts? I must be missing them if they are being posted. Thanks!

• MissKathy1

Kathy Reinecke from TeenyTinyTailorShop said 4 years ago

Thanks for the info!

• innermirror

Stephanie from SuitcaseInBerlin said 4 years ago

I have not seen this before, but now I am glad to have stumbled upon it, through clicking Etsy blog USA. This is very insightful. Thank you!

• innermirror

Stephanie from SuitcaseInBerlin said 4 years ago

Very insightful. Thank you!

• lindab142

Linda B. from lindab142 said 4 years ago

Where are the Merchandising Desk reports? Those were helpful?

• Untwistedsister

Terri from Untwistedsister said 4 years ago

It would be nice to have the information broken down by vintage, handmade, supplies and average price per item.

• rachbing

Rachel Bingaman from BingArt said 4 years ago

Thanks for the report! I agree that it would be nice to see a comparison between June 2012 and June 2013 as well as May 2013. Would be great to have that insight :)

• fallenswallow

Teresa Ann Virginia from PuppetFluff said 4 years ago

Great to know! My only thought is it would be great if these stats were easier to access from the seller's home page :-) Yall rock!

• fiorellaebasta67

Fiorella from CreazioniFiopi said 4 years ago

sono nuova e leggendo che Etsy sta in crescita mi fa molto piacere........ora che ho scoperto questo report........darò un occhiatina sempre...... :)

• Vintagerous

J Rose from Vintagerous said 4 years ago

Love seeing the big picture! So encouraging!! One stat I'd like to see added to this report: # of new stores opened (broken into the broad categories would be good - handmade, vintage and supplies). # of members includes people that join just to shop so it would be interesting to know how many shops opened.

• HandPaintedPetals

Sheryl from HandPaintedPetals said 4 years ago

I really appreciate being able to see these reports -- very important and helpful info! It's good to be part of a vibrant community!

• SwirlingOrange11

SwirlingOrange11 from SwirlingOrange11 said 4 years ago

I am a bit confused by this report since my views are up 2.5 times from last year at this time as well as last month's views but sales are down 75% from last year in this time frame and about 68% down from last month. Just wonder if the break down could be posted.

• butterfliwings

Kathy Major from Wine2The9s said 4 years ago

Thanks for the info! I have been very disappointed lately with sales (or lack of!) this gives me some hope that there are buyers out there...I just have to connect with them. I would love more of a breakdown of the stats as well....any information we have to work with gives us all a better chance for success!

• michele325

Michele from MichelesAManoDesigns said 4 years ago

I'm pretty new to Etsy and still building up my store...but these numbers are inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

• SimplyDaisyDesigns

Wendy from SimplyDaisyDesigns said 4 years ago

Wow, what a big universe we are a part of!