To most, January is a quiet time. The bustle of holiday activity behind us, we hunker down into cozy routines — sleepily caressing fireside toddies and patiently simmering day-long stews. But there’s no rest for the weary when it comes to buying and selling on Etsy!
- $95.9 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in January, 18.6% lower than December’s $117.8 million
- That represents 4,999,178* items sold for the month, 16.7% lower than December’s 6,001,420
- 2,699,648 new items were listed in January, 14.2% higher than December’s 2,363,780
- 1,128,036 new members joined the Etsy community, 21.8% lower than December’s 1,441,833
- 1.67 billion page views were recorded on the site
The $97.6 million of goods sold (after refunds and cancellations) represents a 74.7% increase from January 2012?s total. At the same time, items sold were up 78.7%. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in January!
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.
*Ed. Note: We discovered an error in how this statistic had been calculated, and have since corrected the figures to be more accurate.