Are you still finishing up fruit cake leftovers? December certainly gave us much to celebrate — the ultimate month of gifting meant new records for the Etsy community in GMS, items sold, and new members!
- $117.8 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in December, 11.6% higher than November’s $105.6 million
- That represents 6,001,420 items sold for the month, 9.3% higher than November’s 5,489,407
- 2,363,780 items were listed in the month, 21.2% lower than November’s 2,997,877
- 1,441,833 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, up 314,922 or 27.9%, from November
- 1.53 billion page views were recorded on the site in December
The $117.8 million of goods sold (after refunds and cancellations) represents a 72.9% increase from December 2011’s total. At the same time, items sold were up 78.8%. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in December 2012!
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.