The summer light might be fading, but can you smell the faint whiff of holiday traffic in the air? With a 43.2% increase in dollars of goods sold compared to last year (August 2012), and a 44.2% increase in items sold, the Etsy community is rearing up for a record-breaking season.
- $109.1 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in August, 8.13% higher than July
- That represents 5,483,399 items sold for the month, 9.44% higher than July
- 2,804,300 new items were listed in the month, 3.46% higher than July
- 1,065,767 new members joined the Etsy community, 6.13% higher than July
- 1.8 billion page views were recorded on the site in August (including web and apps)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in August 2013!
Ed. Note: We discovered an error in how the statistic for number of items sold had been calculated for the months of January – July, 2013. The statistic and percentage comparisons on each of the reports have since been corrected, and we apologize sincerely for the error. We’re proud that as a company we share these reports with our community, and we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to accuracy and transparency.
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.