The Vintage Etsy Society Connects Offline

Oct 1, 2012

by Morgan Evans

We are all made up of a series of interlocking identities. Sometimes these ties that bind us relate to the places we live, and sometimes they have to do with what we make or what we do for fun. Either way, I’m talking about the things we are proud of that make us who we are — our passions.

On Etsy, we have a whole community dedicated to organizations based on people’s identities. We call them Etsy Teams, and they are divided into two basic types: interest-based (a.k.a. global) and geographic (a.k.a. local). While both cases have their challenges and advantages, it is generally more straightforward to come up with events and activities for local teams, since these groups are built around the fact that all the members live relatively near to one another. How do global teams (whose members presumably are scattered around the world) work together or come up with bonding occasions? There are lots of creative solutions to this conundrum, but here’s how one team made it happen.

The Vintage Etsy Society Street Team is an interest-based organization that has always put an emphasis on in-person connections. Founded in 2009, the team has frequent regional meetups where members who live nearby can get together (like this one that took place in southern California). Run by powerhouse Martha Layton Smith of OpenDoorStudio, the VESTies team (as it is lovingly nicknamed) now boasts more than 2,500 members. Last year, the team received a Team Spirit Award and in order to share the honor with all the members, they had the creative idea to put the circular trophy plaque inside an old atlas and mail it around the world from one person to the next so that everyone could see it in person and add their name to the book. The team also participated in our West Elm Holiday Workshop, along with the Chicago Style Crafters.

opendoorstudio

The Vintage Etsy Society Street Team’s traveling trophy.

A few of us had the pleasure of meeting Martha in person last year at an event called Junk Bonanza, an epic, three-day affair for purveyors and shoppers of vintage, antique and repurposed pieces held in Shakopee, Minnesota. We had an amazing time, as you can tell from the photos (the vendors even set up their own team on Etsy)! This year, we knew we would return, but we wanted to do things a little differently and get more of the Etsy vintage community involved. So, we decided to have our presence be represented by an Etsy team, instead of Etsy Admin.

Our first step was to reach out to Martha about rallying some VESTie members to come together and set up and run an Etsy booth at the fair. She put an open call-out to team members searching for sellers who had some experience in display and at least one local vending experience under their belt. Applicants were required to submit a photo of a booth they had curated and these photos were vetted by an Etsy Admin as well as the founder of Junk Bonanza. At the end of this process, six vintage superstars were selected to run the booth: Thom from circa810, Susan from Sugarcookielady, Barbara from ionesAttic, Niki from BombshellShocked, Linnea from BrooklynStVintage and OldStoneFarmhouse and, of course, Martha from Opendoorstudio.

opendoorstudio

Packed truck!

To brainstorm space design and organize details like transportation, they created another small team on Etsy as a homebase in which to share feedback and check in with one another as they all prepared separately for the event. Using the team discussion forum, the members perused each others’ shops and found common themes that would evoke a real “Etsy” feeling at the booth. The color scheme they ultimately settled on was turquoise and orange. For months leading up to the Bonanza, they conversed daily within the team and set up a Flickr pool to share items they were considering bringing to Shakopee.

Finally, when the big day was just around the corner, Martha and Thom rented a giant trailer and filled it with vintage gems and display items to bring the booth to life. Everyone finally met in person at the venue (along with Nickey and Jacob, both in town from Etsy HQ in Brooklyn) and truly made magic happen together. Incredibly, six team members who had never met before were able to put together a streamlined, immersive booth experience. In keeping with the collaborative atmosphere that they fostered in team discussions leading up to the event, once they arrived at the venue each person continued to contribute something unique to make the final product cohesive. Susan even brought her sewing machine to make curtains on the spot and made aprons complete with orange E (for Etsy) appliqués!

For a detailed write-up of how all the moving parts came together (including tales of white-knuckled drives through the night and salvaging massive fence scraps from a greenhouse), read Martha’s blog post about the adventure. Here are before and after pictures below to give you a taste of the scale of what this intrepid team pulled off:

Before:

After:

When asked about her experience, Martha gushed, “I was given the lead, but the team sparkled. We actually had about 15 members come to the booth to say hello. Folks from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Indiana, illinois, Kansas , Nebraska, Ohio and Arizona came and spent some time in the booth helping the team and sharing the Etsy team philosophy with those who visited. Meeting face to face and forming friendships really keeps us motivated and inspired. This is what Etsy teamwork is all about.”

The Etsy Junk Bonanza crew proudly displays their Team Spirit Award. Photo by opendoorstudio.

Do you know of a team that has come together to create something impressive together? Tell us about it in the comments below!

Stay in the loop with what teams are up to by signing up for the Etsy Success newsletter.

Read about more Featured Teams.

Vintage Japan Lightbulb shaped ceramic salt and pepper shaker set blue and orange
Sold
Revere Stereo 22
Revere Stereo 22
Sold
Vintage Clothes Pin Bag Turquoise Feedsack Stripe
Vintage Clothes Pin Bag Turquoise Feedsack Stripe
Sold
Vintage Decanter Set, Gin and Scotch Rowhouse Decanters, Nuline NJ Glass Bottles, Painted Bottles
Sold
Vintage 1970s 70s Necktie Tie CHICAGO Water Tower Novelty Mens Marshall Fields
Vintage 1970s 70s Necktie Tie CHICAGO Water Tower Novelty Mens Marshall Fields
Sold
Antique Industrial Decor Farmhouse Metal Heater
Antique Industrial Decor Farmhouse Metal Heater
Sold

• Sugarcookielady

Susan from Sugarcookielady said 4 years ago

Crazy fun was had by all. It was a pleasure to represent etsy and collaborate with this amazing groups of teammates, whom I now call friends.

• sorrythankyou79

Andrea from sorrythankyou79 said 4 years ago

the vestiesteam is amazing--and Martha is the best!! this is an awesome feature too!! thanks for sharing all the behind the scenes!! :)

• littlepart

jen from littlepart said 4 years ago

I am so, so proud to be part of this amazing Vesties Team...the amount of time, creativity and effort our captain, Martha, and all the leaders put into the team is beyond words....and that booth...too, too good. Thank you, to all the Vesties that took part for representing all of us so well. xo

• rhapsodyattic

rhapsodyattic from RhapsodyAttic said 4 years ago

Awesome write up! Would have loved to be there! Congrats Vesties!!!

• RollingHillsVintage

Anita from RollingHillsVintage said 4 years ago

I am so proud to be a leader on this amazing team! Martha is a delight and gives 100% to the team! We just had another local meet-up for Central California Vesties. I think we visited every thrift shop and antique mall in Bakersfield. The local meet-ups show just how much team members care about one another!

• LoveButlerVintage

Patrice and JoJo from LoveButlerVintage said 4 years ago

What an amazing tribute to the vesties !! You all make me so proud :)

• MomsantiquesNthings

Janine from MomsantiquesNthings said 4 years ago

What the team captain and leaders did here was nothing less than stupendous! I'm so proud to be a member of this great vesties team! Martha and all of the leaders are always there when you need them for guidance and to help grow our businesses, I love them! This team really is thebestvintage on Etsy!! :)

• vintagenowandthen

vintagenowandthen from vintagenowandthen said 4 years ago

Congrats to all on a fabulous team effort! I only wish that I could have been there!

• Alfonzi

Kimm Alfonso from KimmiePalooza said 4 years ago

What an amazing team and what an amazing event! So proud for Etsy to be represented by such great community members who really worked together as a team to pull this off! -Kimm

• anythinggoeshere

anythinggoeshere from anythinggoeshere said 4 years ago

go team!

• LivingVintage

LivingVintage from LivingVintage said 4 years ago

Awesome! What a great team. I'm proud to be a member.

• collectique

collectique from Collectique said 4 years ago

What an amazing team effort, fabulous boost up for vintage and Etsy!!

• 3sisterstreasures2

Diane Lori and Jeri from 3sisterstreasures2 said 4 years ago

How cool is this! Would love to ge a part of something like this. We are so proud to be members of this awesome team!

• myvictoriancottage

Vic from MyVictorianCottage said 4 years ago

such a great feature. so proud to be a member of this team.

• KMalinka

Natalia from KMalinkaVintage said 4 years ago

Awesome feature! Congrats Vestiesteam :O)

• Niftic

Niftic from NifticVintage said 4 years ago

Pure inspiration for all! What a fabulous collaboration and wonderful team effort!

• calloohcallay

Callooh Callay from CalloohCallay said 4 years ago

Such an incredible looking booth--man, I wish I could have been there!

• ionesAttic

Barbara from ionesAttic said 4 years ago

Thanks for an incredible experience and right in my home town! extra perks: Martha's industrial spotlight and Linnea's teak end table came home with me!

• KitchenCulinaria

Stephanie from KitchenCulinaria said 4 years ago

Hurray Vesties! What a great feature - awesome job everyone!

• 3249VintageRoad

Judy and Debbie from 3249VintageRoad said 4 years ago

It is so wonderful to be part of this fabulous team. You all represented ETSY at Junk Bonanza spectacularly. You can all take a well deserved bow----you have made us all very proud!

• VintageRescueSquad

VintageRescueSquad from VintageRescueSquad said 4 years ago

Vintage representing! Kudos!

• jacklom3

Sara from jacklom3 said 4 years ago

You all are AMAZING!!

• VintageRenude

Pam from VintageRenude said 4 years ago

I am so incredibly proud to be a leader of this wonderful team. We have an amazing Captain in Martha and a giant pool of talented and caring members. Every time I think about the great accomplishments by this team I am humbled. You all work together to make this indeed the best!

• VintageShelfAndWall

Maureen from VintageShelfAndWall said 4 years ago

Love being part of this team! So nice to some faces of team mates. Wish I could have been there.

• thedancingwren

Annie from thedancingwren said 4 years ago

yayyy!!! :)

• OceansideCastle

Laura from OceansideCastle said 4 years ago

I'm thrilled and proud that my Vesties team mates shined so brightly at the Junk Bonanza 2012! Martha is a fantastic leader & mentor with such a caring heart and optimistic that encourages all of us to do better; to be better. You couldn't find a more dedicated group to represent the best of Etsy at this vintage Flea Market Extravaganza. WTG Susan...love the aprons!

• rctees

toni from RCTees said 4 years ago

What a great article!!

• opendoorstudio

Martha Layton Smith from opendoorstudio said 4 years ago

Pam @ vintagerenude said : "Every time I think about the great accomplishments by this team I am humbled". I am so grateful for the opportunities ETSY has afforded its members!. Etsy needs to be thanked for helping Vintage, Handmade and Supplies sellers WORLDWIDE, build businesses and grow common roots with others! ETSY TEAMS is an amazing opportunity for all! I am so proud to be Captain of the Vintage Etsy Society Street team. I am thankful everyday for the leaders I have choosen to represent and support the team members and I am most amazed with our entire team, each and EVERY member plays a part! Our members are active, caring, supportive and take on a role of mentor for one another! I am delighted when I find out members will be meeting one another in person. It is the human component that I LOVE most about Etsy. There is a person behind every shop, and a personality there that we need not overlook. I invite you to find a team on Etsy that is perfect for YOU! If you are a vintage seller, we welcome you to join us! We would love to have you! Thanks Kimm, Morgan, Cheyne, Jake and Nickey for your support of not only our team... but of EVERY team on Etsy .... no matter how large or small! Great people are what make a great team... we have 2500 of them! Thanks again! It was a true delight working with you!

• 4EnvisioningVintage

Tracy from 4EnvisioningVintage said 4 years ago

Great looking bunch of VESTies there :) Great team & fabulous leader~loved reading and thanks for the great representation!!

• autena

autena from autena said 4 years ago

I am so impressed by the amount of planning and work put into this, not to mention time and energy. I can honestly say I am proud to be on this team. Great, great job everyone!

• RecentHistory

Laurie from RecentHistory said 4 years ago

Phenomenal. I cannot believe what an amazing job you did. You all must have had a spring in your step and roses in your cheeks for a week after for having made such a magic thing happen. Thank you a thousand times over...

• auntemilie

aunt emilie from auntemilie said 4 years ago

The dedication of the Vesties Team, Captain and Leaders, is so appreciated. Thank you Etsy for recognizing their hard work and tremendous efforts. I am proud to be part of the team, only wish I could have been there to help.

• judygovintage

Judy from judygovintage said 4 years ago

The booth looks extraordinary and reflects the passion and interest in vintage/ art/ history/home decor and fashion by it's curators. That it was a team effort and done from great distances speaks highly of the personal connections that were first made online. That it represents a 2,500 strong member team shows how welcoming and encouraging Vestiesteam is!

• wolfmansmummy

wolfmansmummy from wolfmansmummy said 4 years ago

Unbelievable display! YOU GUYS RULE! I feel so proud to be a very tiny and humble part of this amazing team. I can't wait to meet up, and mad-envy what fun you must have been able to sneak in amongst all the selfless hard work- These team mates are amazing. Thank you etsy, thank you Martha, thank you all for being so supportive, knowledgeable, generous, fun and presumably sexy... Gooooo VESTIES!

• GoldenDaysAntiques

Nancy from GoldenDaysAntiques said 4 years ago

Wonderful job and great write up! This is a great team!

• GoldenDaysAntiques

Nancy from GoldenDaysAntiques said 4 years ago

Wonderful job and great write up! This is a great team.

• BeeJayKay

Beverly from BeeJayKay said 4 years ago

What a great story! I wish I could have been there! It is a fabulous team!

• lylegavry

Lyle Gavry from GavryDollsPattern said 4 years ago

go team!

• YesterdaysSilhouette

Laura from YesterdaysSilhouette said 4 years ago

Awesome job reppin' the team, Vesties! And what a lovely feature that truly captured the essence of this fantastic group of Etsians. Cheers to you all!

• ChloesWindow

Gwen from ChloesWindow said 4 years ago

Way to go, team! Martha, you are such a talented, warm person. Thank you for leading our team and setting the Vesties tone!!!

• saltcityspice

Katrina from saltandginger said 4 years ago

Way to go, Vesties! Martha & the rest of the team - thank you so much for your dedication to this project. It was fun to live vicariously through you all as you represented the team and bigger marketplace and helped spread the word about the awesome stuff you can find here on Etsy. Hope to make it in person to another event like this someday. Great feature!

• linneamarie

linneamarie from BrooklynStVintage said 4 years ago

I am so thankful to have found this team, so warm and caring! The JB was a once in a lifetime experience for me and will alway treasure the memories! Working with the best team mates ever made the hard work fun.

• PeriniDesigns

Vanessa Perini from PeriniDesigns said 4 years ago

Awesome!

• umeone

Linda Sapp Long from umeone said 4 years ago

I love my Vesties Team! Thank you to all of you that calibrated to represent Etsy and the Vintage Etsy Society Street Team in such a fabulous way! I look forward to our next project! A BIG THANK YOU to Martha and our Team Leaders for all your hard work!

• EviesToolEmporium

Michelle and Dave from EviesToolEmporium said 4 years ago

Looks like you had a wonderful time!

• allthingswhite

Kathi from allthingswhite said 4 years ago

we were lucky enough to be there too and see this wonderful booth! great job vesties team. and thanks Etsy for the vendor lunch :D

• ConvergedCommodities

ConvergedCommodities from ConvergedCommodities said 4 years ago

Awesome story and GREAT pictures!! I am sure it was tons of work and loads of fun:)

• Rt9NJvintageFun

candy donnelly from Rt9NJvintageFun said 4 years ago

It is a true honor to be a member of this Team, Martha is a true angel and we all happy to learn/share/haveFun. If there was a motivational drink called. "Martha", trust me everyone would want it! Pure ingredients of passion for vintage and Motivation, what a contagious combination! Bottoms Up! Thank you Martha.

• Namaz

Nazima Banka from nazimabanka said 4 years ago

fun read, thanks for the article!

• SplendidJunk

Anne from SplendidJunkVintage said 4 years ago

So proud! Make me want to become more active in our team when I see the resources I am fortunate to have access to and the opportunity to share what I've learned so far. Go TEAM!

• WiseApple

Nikki from WiseApple said 4 years ago

What a great story - I SO wish I could've been there, too! Go Vesties!!!

• Circa810

Thom Aten from Circa810 said 4 years ago

First let me say this is a fantastic and caring team to belong to. To say I was and am honored to be a part of this group at Junk Bonanza would be an understatement. I have never in my wildest dreams thought that 6 people could come together and out together a booth that looked like it was out of the pages of a design magazine. The amount of work and talent these teammates have is truly incredible and something that I will be proud to say I had a part in for years to come. Not only was it a great experience but the making of life long friends!

• LittleRedPolkaDots

LittleRedPolkaDots from LittleRedPolkaDots said 4 years ago

What an incredible team effort - wow! I wish I could have been there! Such a great, caring and loving team - so proud of everyone!! Looks like so much fun! Go Vesties!

• wayfaringmagnolia

Amanda Esch from WayfaringMagnolia said 4 years ago

Oh this is just fantastic. Wish I could have been there. VESTIES!

• takingshape

Aleta Ford Baker from AletaFordBakerDesign said 4 years ago

So proud of the Vesties!

• takingshape

Aleta Ford Baker from AletaFordBakerDesign said 4 years ago

Vestiesteam is such a talented group of people and I also am humbled and proud to be a member!

• DewyMorningVintage

DewyMorningVintage from DewyMorningVintage said 4 years ago

Wonderful article and great team effort! The booth you put together looked amazing! Congratulations Vesties, you sound like a wonderful team!

• dstefan

Diane from dstefanTreasures said 4 years ago

Great article! Thanks everyone involved in making this team a success. Go Vesties!

• stuartroadvintage

Jeanne from stuartroadvintage said 4 years ago

Great job..go Etsy Vintage!!

• SweetSweetsByAlicia

Alicia Howell from SweetSweetsByAlicia said 4 years ago

Thats amazing guys, you are a real inspiration for other teams~! :)

• NaturalandVintage

Katie H from VintageLoveMarket said 4 years ago

I'm happy to be a part of the vesties! Congrats and thanks to all of the members for their continuing support and inspiration!

• rakubuttons

rakubuttons from rakubuttons said 4 years ago

energetic team. Wish I couldv'e been there.

• RememberMeEmily

Emily from RememberMeEmily said 4 years ago

It was such a pleasure meeting you all at the Junk Bonanza! Great booth! Amazing team!

• uujjjk

uuj jjk said 4 years ago

• ShawnDuBois

Shawn from ShawnDuBois said 4 years ago

Very cool guys! Thanks for sharing!

• CoreandMantle

Alayna from CoreandMantle said 4 years ago

COOL! So wish I could've been a part of the Minnesota function! Thanks for sharing, very inspiring.

• testy007

testy me said 4 years ago

interesting

• spankyluvsvintage

Rhonda from spankyluvsvintage said 4 years ago

What an awesome team <3 !

• whitepelicanboutique

Kristin Rein from whitepelicanboutique said 4 years ago

Love reading about the event and thrilled to be on the team. They really are amazing!

• messinabella

messinabella from BandBEstate said 4 years ago

amazing!

• bohemiennes

Michelle Long from bohemiennes said 4 years ago

This team never ceases to inspire on a daily basis! What a feat!!!

• BornAtTheWrongTime

BornAtTheWrongTime from BornAtTheWrongTime said 4 years ago

Great article! Great team! Proud to be a Vestie!

• portrepublic

Rosalind from PortRepublic said 4 years ago

Wow! Such an exciting event! Wonder if there's anything going on with members in the Washington, DC/northern Virginia area???

• amandolyn

Amanda from AmandolynCozyCottage said 4 years ago

WOW!!! Absolutely amazing & I'm totally jealous that I wasnt there! :) Congrats everyone!

• theButterDish

Pat from theButterDish said 4 years ago

Terrific!

• eclectivist

Kasia from Eclectivist said 4 years ago

wish we were there...

• CinfulOldies

CinfulOldies from CinfulOldies said 4 years ago

Love the VestiesTeam. Fabulous article!

• birdie1

Laurie from BirdinHandVTG said 4 years ago

We have an awesome team lead by the best!! Special shout-out to Martha and all our amazing leaders and members!

• RoughMagicCreations

Mollie Ann Meserve from RoughMagicCreations said 4 years ago

Yay Vesties! My hubby is a member and loves this team!!! Go Vesties!!!

• RoughMagicCreations

Mollie Ann Meserve from RoughMagicCreations said 4 years ago

Speaking of team events, here's one from the Etsy Maine Team: Save the Date!!! Thursday October 25, 2012, the Maine Team will host an online Cash Mob. To join the fun and see about 12,000 fabulous items from Maine, simply type 'maineteam' into the search bar and ... Mob us!!!

• Babouches

Colette from Babouches said 4 years ago

wonderful job guys, thank you for sharing,great team

• StoriedVintage2

StoriedVintage2 from StoriedVintage2 said 4 years ago

So proud to be a Vestie! What a great accomplishment. Hope to make it next April!

• PinkPianos

Hilary Hahn from PinkPianos said 4 years ago

Well what a fun idea! Love the concept of a team dedicated to vintage.

• dustyrosevintage

dustyrosevintage from dustyrosevintage said 4 years ago

So so so impressed by this. What a great and truly inspirational story. I have a vintage wholesale warehouse so if anyone in the Brooklyn or surrounding area would like to try to pull something like this off, let's give it a try!

• WeeLambieVintage

Anne from WeeLambieVintage said 4 years ago

awesome!

• kshafran

kshafran from StarButtons said 4 years ago

What a great article ! So bad I can't be a part of that yet...

• EliandCompany90

Kelley from EliandCo said 4 years ago

How Amazing!! :) Just opened my shop today! I hope to become apart of your team! http://www.etsy.com/shop/EliandCo

• maryorr1

Mary Orr from ChildressCreations1 said 4 years ago

Since I am vintage, I love to make my baby/toddler dresses based on vintage style. I would love to be a part of the Vintage Etsy Society team. www.facebook.com/www.willowcreek/natural.com.willowcreekranchCA, childress creations1

• maryorr1

Mary Orr from ChildressCreations1 said 4 years ago

Sorry. Etsy.com/ shop childress creations1

• annamriley

Anna from AnnaJana said 4 years ago

Nice story! glad you all met! Would love to meet other Vestie Team members someday... and maybe even Martha!! Thanks for having me on the team! Anna AnnaJana

• andreaketchens

Andrea Ketchens from PatsapearlsBoutique said 4 years ago

I AM NEW AND WOULD TO GET MORE IDEAS ON LISTING MY VINTAGE ITEMS

• LoveButlerVintage

Patrice and JoJo from LoveButlerVintage said 4 years ago

YAY team !! So proud of the vesties :)

• thelogchateau

Annie from thelogchateau said 4 years ago

What fun! Thanks for a behind-the-scenes peek at Junk Bonanza and all of the hard work that went into it! So proud to call myself a member of the Vintage Etsy Society Street Team. Annie - The Log Chateau

• PoetryofObjects

PoetryofObjects from PoetryofObjects said 4 years ago

What a great team! Loved seeing all of the photos! Congratulations.

• mattyhandmadecrafts

Matejka Max from NattyMatty said 4 years ago

Yay!!!!! Compliments!!!!

• WILLOWTREASURES

Gigi from WillowTreasures said 4 years ago

Go Vesties!! I am soooo happy to be a team member, it was my first one on Esy! One day I hope to be in person with you ...way to go, sounds like a blast! ((hugs)) Gigi

• paddyridge

margaret from paddyridge said 4 years ago

How proud I am to be a member of this fantastic team! Way to GO!!!

• charishandmade

charis from charishandmade said 4 years ago

Great team!

• lipmeister

Robin Lippin from lipmeister said 4 years ago

Sounds like fun, I want to know when the Southern California one is? Or when was it? I think I missed it? Sounds amazing.

• SaffronColoredPony

Debra from SaffronColoredPony said 4 years ago

Go Team go! A great team that I'm proud to be a part of!

• 925kellyc

Kelly Calaway-Haug from Vintagecollectorlove said 4 years ago

Love this team!!!! So fabulous!!!

• DollysVintageCloset

Marnie from DollysVintageCloset said 4 years ago

Awesome ! Congrats Vestiesteam

• suzanneartist

Suzanne Urban from SmirkingGoddess said 4 years ago

My husband and I plan to open an ETSY vintage shop in the new year. Say any members on the East Coast? Specifically New England? Thanks! SU

• xiaolele

mihoutao xl from ChineseNational said 4 years ago

I have a shop, is China's national style restoring ancient ways, I believe you will like it.

• poppypockets

Georg Robedee from Poppypockets said 4 years ago

This is wonderful!

• AllyFashion

Tina Giuntini from AllyFashion said 4 years ago

That was fantastic. Congrats Vesties. I am continuously amazed by Etsy

• tripathismriti

Smriti from DesiFabrics said 4 years ago

Wonderful team, terrific works !!! <3 <3 <3

• 5gardenias

kathi roussel from 5gardenias said 4 years ago

what a super get together-- looks like a great time-- congrats on making it all happen!

• CatchMeDesigns

CatchMeDesigns from CatchMeDesigns said 4 years ago

Congratulations!

• MissingHeirloom

Elizabeth Pickett from MissingHeirloom said 4 years ago

finally got to read this - what a fantastic job you all did - I LOVE being a member of this team!!!

• VandaFashion

Vanda Fashion from VandaFashion said 4 years ago

Terrific!

• starflower7

Rosemary from LuxuryStar said 4 years ago

What a wonderful, way of connecting! Very, very inspiring! :D

• FreshRetroGallery

Elizabeth Knaus from FreshRetroGallery said 4 years ago

Ahh, I miss Minnesota. Good job!

• GoddessFindings

GoddessFindings from GoddessFindings said 4 years ago

THis is AWESOME! How fun fun fun. Great idea you guys!

• poemstogo1

Poemstogo said 4 years ago

Sounds wonderful. I am new to Etsy and have a fun global business. I write personalized poems, speeches and toasts - for all occasions. I would love to join a group but do not know how Looking forward to hearing from you. Maybe you have a group here in Rhode Island? or Boston?

• tamilopez

Tami Lopez from TamiLopezDesigns said 4 years ago

What a great group to be part of! I am impressed with the devotion and passion these people have for what they do and the power to connecting with each other! Just very cool!!!

• HuntandFound

Julie from HuntandFound said 4 years ago

I had a FAB time meeting the Vesties at Junk Bonanza!! I had no idea they were going to be there!! Martha ROCKS and so did everyone else there!! We discussed Etsy, took pics, and I even got to sign the Book with the award in it!! Thank you!!

• LaughingHorseWandV

Janelle Miller from LaughingHorseWandV said 4 years ago

HOW awesome is that!

• taylorgarlington

Taylor Garlington from BlueBonnetRustics said 4 years ago

This is great! Congrats to this great team!

• BourgeoisDesigns

V Lynn from BourgeoisDesigns said 4 years ago

Wonderful teamwork.

• EdelweissPost

Patrick from EdelweissPost said 4 years ago

This is really inspiring. Honored to count myself as part of this team.

• ForeverHamlet16

ForeverHamlet16 said 4 years ago

Sounds like everyone had a great time; wish I could have been there

• perfectpatina

Kim and Karen from perfectpatina said 4 years ago

What teamwork is all about!

• RetroChalet

Cyn Marie from RetroChalet said 4 years ago

Great job Martha and Vesties WOOT WOOT you guys rock glad to be a part of the wonderful vesties team!

• oppning

oppning from oppning said 4 years ago

Yey ! So happy to be part of this team !

• mohamedshahriaribnco

Mohamed Shahriar Ibn Consul said 4 years ago

شء رائع جدا وعمل متميز

• RagsRagsRags

RagsRagsRags from RagsRagsRags said 4 years ago

This looks like a FAB team..

• TheGrandBazaar

TheGrandBazaar from TheEvilEyeBAZAAR said 4 years ago

you are great!

• kellibentley1

Kelly McNally from BellaBoca said 4 years ago

Hi There, My name is Kelly Mcnally

• BlueZinniaVintage

Sarah from BlueZinniaVintage said 3 years ago

This is amazing! I wish I could have been there, and am so happy to be part of this team!

• ginalolalola

Carol from VintageWearTreasures said 3 years ago

Is that Tim Luke in the center of the first photo? If so, he is a Florida friend of mine who did "Cash in the Attic" and is now an auctioneer for Juliens in LA.

• wolfmansmummy

wolfmansmummy from wolfmansmummy said 3 years ago

I LOVE seeing these beautiful faces in my etsy mail! ADORE this amazing team~

• inthehammockvintage

InTheHammockVintage from InTheHammockVintage said 3 years ago

This is fantastic! Congrats, teammates!!

• kathimundigler

Dave from rusticwrenantiques said 3 years ago

Martha and pictured crew are super people & Junk Bonanza was a fabulous experience - Thanks to Martha and Etsy for highlighting this great team!

• OceansideCastle

Laura from OceansideCastle said 3 years ago

Fabulous article...fabulous team!

• opendoorstudio

Martha Layton Smith from opendoorstudio said 3 years ago

How honored are we to be featured AGAIN ! Congrats team!!! YOU are the reason for our success. go VESTIEsTEAM! @vintageweartreasures YES that is Tim! With Junk Bonanza and Flea Market Style Magazine founder Ki Nassauer. ( we were the lucky winners of an hour and a half long luncheon with Ki... she is amazing!

• judygovintage

Judy from judygovintage said 3 years ago

Yea team! Maybe one day we'll have a east coast connect, it would be so much fun to meet some team mates in person. Thank you far off team mates for all the efforts representing Vesties!

• umeone

Linda Sapp Long from umeone said 3 years ago

So happy to have this fabulous Teams feature reprinted! I am thrilled to be part of the Vesties family! I hope to be able to attend one of the Meet Ups someday! Thank you Etsy for all your support too!

• VintageHand

Stephanie from VintageHand said 3 years ago

Amazing team! Happy to be a part of it.

• NicolasKnitKnacks

Nicola and Jessica Belton from CelticKnittingCo said 3 years ago

Excellent write up and a fantastic team!

• ptpfitzpatrick

Rube from HouseofRube said 3 years ago

This all sounds so wonderful! I have been selling vintage and antique for the better part of my life and would love to be a member. How and what are the qualifications for becoming a member of the team. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading all the blogs that people wrote. Thank you for sharing them with me.

• CharnHerb

Piramon Bhumkrajang from CharnHerb said 3 years ago

I really love in everything of vintage very much. I wish I can go to Vintage shop in Europe and USA in someday.

• vinythomas

Viny Thomas from vinythomas said 3 years ago

cool.I want to join you!

• ZhengXiaoLan