Temperatures in Brooklyn were scorching during the month of August, but the Etsy community was even hotter. With growth across the board, we say let the sun shine!
- $76.2 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in August, 9.7% higher than July’s $69.5 million
- That represents 3,802,480 items sold for the month, 12.4% higher than July’s 3,384,201
- 2,459,069 new items were listed in the month, 6.0% higher than July’s 2,320,647
- 851,871 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, up 66,842, or 8.5%, from July
- 1.42 billion page views were recorded on the site in August
The $76.2 million of goods sold (after refunds and cancellations) represents a 70.1% increase from August 2011’s total. At the same time, items sold were up 67.6%
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in August!
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.