Etsy is more fun with friends. Find Your Friends is a powerful way to find people you know on Etsy, and invite people you know who aren't yet on Etsy to join and connect with you.
Here's how it works:
1. Sign in and click the "Find your friends" tab in the Circle section of your profile. Don't see it yet? You will soon (see below).
2. Choose a service to connect with. Right now we're supporting three popular email services: Google Gmail, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail. If you have an email address that ends with @gmail.com, @yahoo.com or @aol.com, you can use Find Your Friends and see who you know on Etsy.
3. A pop-up window will open from the service you choose. Sign in to your email account there to connect securely with your service provider and authorize Etsy to view your contacts. Etsy does not see or store your password.
4. We'll then fetch your contacts, and show you the people in your email address book who are Etsy members. You can add them to your circle right from the results page and start following their favorites. They'll receive notification emails telling them that you've added them to your circle.
5. We'll also help you reach out to people you know who are not yet Etsy members. Inviting friends to join you on Etsy is easy, and when you send friends invitations this way, you will automatically be connected when they join.
You can preview the invitation email before you send it. When your friend receives your invitation and clicks the link, they will see your username, avatar, and recent shop listings or recent favorite items on the Etsy join page. It's a personalized invitation, and the friends you bring in this way will be introduced to Etsy by you and your activity in their activity feed.
Invitations are limited right now to 20 per member per day — use them well!
If you don't want your Etsy username to be able to found by people with your email address, you can "go dark" and choose not to be findable by adjusting the Findability setting in your account privacy settings:
Setting this to "No" means that your Etsy username will not be returned in results if someone with your email address imports their contacts to Etsy.
Find Your Friends is being rolled out gradually, and is visible to a small percentage of members right now. We are letting everyone here on the Etsy Forums know about the availability of this feature first. As we ramp up and make Find Your Friends available to everyone, we will spread the word much more widely.
But here's the fun part: If you have access to Find Your Friends right now, anyone you connect with or invite to join will also be given access to Find Your Friends — even if they didn't have access to it before. And those members will be able to extend access to their contacts, and so on. We are starting out small, with a small group of members (chosen at random) who have the power to spread this new feature far and wide in no time.
Answers to frequently asked questions are available here:http://help.etsy.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/368http://help.etsy.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/http://help.etsy.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/370/
Answers to questions about circles and activity feeds are available here:http://help.etsy.com/app/answers/list/c/9,92
More questions? Feedback? Please post in this discussion thread:http://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/site-help/discuss/6796186/
* * * * *
Find Your Friends is now live for everyone.
We hope this feature helps you connect with people you know in a new way.