Join Us in Chicago at the One of a Kind Show and Sale®

Nov 21, 2011

by Kimm Alfonso

Looking for special gifts for your loved ones this holiday season? Want to directly support local artists and craftspeople? Do you live within a couple of hours of Chicago?

We’ve got you covered!

Visit our Etsy Booth at the 2011 One of a Kind Show and Sale® Chicago December 1-4. We’ll be near the Etsy New Artists Pavilion at the end of aisle 6000. Come explore some of the talented artists and crafters from Etsy who have traveled across the country to be there at the show and meet you! We will be highlighting some of their unique creations as well as offering a chance to win an Etsy shopping spree or two great craft books from Chronicle Books: Crafty Stickers and the brand new Craft Inc.

If you want to stay and get crafty yourself, you can make a handmade holiday ornament of your very own! Will we be seeing you at the show?

Interested in participating in the OOAK Etsy New Artists Pavilion next year?
for updates and news about next year’s application.

White Stone Tealight Candle Holders - Dolomite, Set of twelve
White Stone Tealight Candle Holders - Dolomite, Set of twelve
Sold
Branchlers
Branchlers
Sold

• VonChandler

VonChandler said 5 years ago

Very interesting,we will checkout the booth at the Merchandise Mart, thank you for the information.

• volkerwandering

volkerwandering said 5 years ago

Wish I could be there, it sounds fantastic!

• SimpleJoysPaperie

SimpleJoysPaperie said 5 years ago

Sounds like a great show! I'd attend if I didn't live so far away.

• BanglewoodSupplies

BanglewoodSupplies said 5 years ago

Wow, that should be nice.

• jammerjewelry

jammerjewelry said 5 years ago

Loved the article thanks for sharing.

• FOYI

FOYI said 5 years ago

OMG, It costs $2500.00 to participate in this sale. Maybe when I grow up, LOL

• NicoAndMooMoo

NicoAndMooMoo said 5 years ago

I LOVE one-of-a-kind sales! good luck sellers!

• AlisaDesign

AlisaDesign said 5 years ago

Far away from me... :)

• peshka

peshka said 5 years ago

I wish .. Maybe one day ..

• maggiesraggedyinn

maggiesraggedyinn said 5 years ago

How nice it would be to live closeby....

• ethniquetrendy

ethniquetrendy said 5 years ago

dream to.

• TwinkleStarCrafts

TwinkleStarCrafts said 5 years ago

Great info thank you

• FranceGallery

FranceGallery said 5 years ago

This event sounds really interesting!

• Parachute425

Parachute425 said 5 years ago

Looking forward to it - strictly as a shopper.

• FawningInLove

FawningInLove said 5 years ago

wish I could attend, sounds like an amazing day!

• MootiDesigns

MootiDesigns said 5 years ago

I wish I could go. A little far from California. Have fun!

• opendoorstudio

opendoorstudio said 5 years ago

Always love the ooak show in Chicago! will see you there!

• theroyal

theroyal said 5 years ago

wish i could be there

• RivalryTime

RivalryTime said 5 years ago

This looks awesome. Wish I could be there.

• KettleConfections

KettleConfections said 5 years ago

This event sounds amazing - we can't go but we'll be perusing through the artist and crafter list of this show in search of christmas gifts. http://artist.oneofakindshowchicago.com/list.cfm?show_id=7A54B5D4-CE1B-C5D5-A9F0403FFC2851EE

• MyImaginationIsYours

MyImaginationIsYours said 5 years ago

Wish I could be there!! Hope everyone is successful and has fun!

• 1Simpletouch

1Simpletouch said 5 years ago

I will be there :) Love it, very inspirational !!

• TheStampAct

TheStampAct said 5 years ago

Looks like fun & for a good cause. Passed the info along to my peeps in Chicagoland.

• tbglitterballs

tbglitterballs said 5 years ago

ohh my gosh- I just started my Glitter Balls ornament shop on ETSY- i would LOVE to come to this event- so sad i am so far away....best of luck for a successful event!!!

• HauteInteriorsLLC

HauteInteriorsLLC said 5 years ago

Can't wait to attend! Working my fingers to the bone on my display and inventory! :)

• RossLab

RossLab said 5 years ago

I'd LOVE to attend!

• FaithAnnOriginals

FaithAnnOriginals said 5 years ago

Find me at Booth #13 in the Etsy Pavilion! Can't wait to meet fellow etsians and OOAK craft-lovers, alike! And ditto on the crazy-busy comment, above! New artist-etsians, don't let the $2500 give you sticker-shock....with the etsy pavilion discount, it was $700 this year. Without that difference, I'd NEVER have dreamed of getting this opportunity! See you all there!

• iancarly

iancarly said 5 years ago

FaithAnnOriginals- Thanks for sharing that great info., maybe next year. I'm always looking for new and interesting venues in and out of state. Best of luck to you....sell your pants off!!!

• TimberGreenWoods

TimberGreenWoods said 5 years ago

Timber Green Woods will be there!! :) Booth # 2110

• PierogiPicnic

PierogiPicnic said 5 years ago

That's Renegade weekend too! It's going to be a crazy week!

• Cinnamons

Cinnamons said 5 years ago

Cinnamon's will be there! Booth #5 in the Etsy Artists Pavilion! Looking forward to my first run with a show this large. The support of Etsy, the Merchandise Mart staff, and other Etsy sellers has been great thus far!

• art4ear

art4ear said 5 years ago

I'd definitely plan on attending this show in the future, nice retirement goal.

• MoonstoneCreation

MoonstoneCreation said 5 years ago

What a great show! Good luck everyone who will be selling! :)

• ArtworkzByCheri

ArtworkzByCheri said 5 years ago

To those of you blessed enough to do this PLEASE be sure and share your experiences with us once you are rested up! :0) Sounds like quite the show! Game on! Good luck and may God bless!

• jmayoriginals

jmayoriginals said 5 years ago

i don't work that far from the Merchandise Mart. will have to check it out and support my fellow Etsyans!

• SolDelSur

SolDelSur said 5 years ago

I'm traveling from California to do the show. This will be my first 4-day show, my first time going away for a show, and my first time in Chicago! How exciting is that! Wish me luck, and say hi if you go :) My booth is #18.

• TCaponePhoto

TCaponePhoto said 5 years ago

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Etsians in the Pavilion as well as throughout. I love seeing how many people will be in Chicago for the first time. I might be partial since I live here but it's my favorite city of all time :) Best of luck to everyone for a wonderful sale! Please stop by booth #26 in the Pavilion to say hi! Tracey

• YarnUiPhoneApp

YarnUiPhoneApp said 5 years ago

Friends, if you live local you can likely get a FREE pass to get in...they abound and various organizations give 'em out. Just ask around. Anyhow, I always like the fashion show...now that I'm a knitter I'm likely to seek out the fiber vendors and I adore the hats from Canada!

• grayraven

grayraven said 5 years ago

Stop by and say "Hi" I'm at Booth #29 in the Etsy Pavilion. To receive a complementary ticket (good for 2) visit http://www.oneofakindshowchicago.com/attend/tickets enter promotion code APC11.

• purpleandlime

purpleandlime said 5 years ago

so excited to be a vendor in the Etsy pavilion! come say hi : )

• QuirkMuseum

QuirkMuseum said 5 years ago

Chicago is my kinda town but I won't be able to make the show. Good Luck with the show everyone! Anything similar in NYC?

• LUCIUSjewelry

LUCIUSjewelry said 5 years ago

So excited!! Thanks for the great write-up Kimm! Looking forward to seeing everyone, it is such a great show. :)

• SweetCookieCrush

SweetCookieCrush said 5 years ago

Wow i will sign up for next yr!! :)

• BijiBijoux

BijiBijoux said 5 years ago

Oh no, I have show this weekend for 3 days but I will try to visit you guys maybe on Thursday.

• FunnyFrocks

FunnyFrocks said 5 years ago

I would have loved some of my things on this Christmas display!

• ladypancake

ladypancake said 5 years ago

I am so excited!!!!!! Thanks for the support, Etsy!

• woodwings

woodwings said 5 years ago

I will be happily visiting and stocking Santa's sleigh

• carolelago

carolelago said 5 years ago

I had no idea that there was an etsy booth at the show!! I live outside the City and would have LOVED to participate. Have fun! It's a great city!!!

• jill2day

jill2day said 5 years ago

Day one was great... Hope all had fun.

• bluebuttondesigns

bluebuttondesigns said 5 years ago

I spent Friday afternoon at the show...it was wonderful, and the Etsy area was great!

• WomanOfClayArtworks

WomanOfClayArtworks said 5 years ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Kimm! When I told her I was an Etsy Seller, she lit up and welcomed me with an awesome Etsy tote bag! It was so useful all day with the tons of shopping I did at the OOAK Show! Kimm also blessed me with the gift of taking a moment to critique my store!!!! Wow!!!! She totally gave me some awesome tips! The one that really stuck with me was that I haven't been reducing the resolution of the pic's I load so when they are viewed in the tiny squares on Etsy...you can't tell what they are! I noticed that, but never really thought it would effect how people would shop....duh, lol....of course they won't click on my item if they can't see what it is...lol. THANKS KIMM!!!! I didn't know Etsy.com was going to be at The One Of A Kind Show either. I would of loved to have had my store there. I live just 10 minutes from Chicago. I only started posting things for sale in my Etsy.com store this year and haven't sold one thing! The gallery that represents me sells lots of my items. I sure would like to make it a go here on Etsy.com where, as an artist, I would get more profit. I'm the Captain of Artist's Of America here on Etsy.com. I did have the pleasure to meet two team members!!!! It was such a surprise! I had a long discussion with one and feel even more excited with the prospects of my future on Etsy.com. He said his sales tripled on Etsy, 3X's in the month of November!!!!! I'm looking forward to that ;~) Happy Making, Everyone!!!!

• HauteInteriorsLLC

HauteInteriorsLLC said 5 years ago

This was a very exciting & awesome event! It was so wonderful to market my items to such a vast audience! I enjoyed meeting so many people that stopped by & shopped my booth. I really appreciated all of the referrals, custom orders, wholesale inquiries & networking opportunities for future business. This event was really a dream come true for me. Thanks to all that gave me such wonderful suggestions for items that would appeal to them. It really helped me to have an open mind at this show. Thus, I will be adding new merchandise to my line very soon. I will also be happy to share any tips & pointers for next year's attendees! I really benefitted from that myself. Much success to all! ~ Michele.

• jackieoframes

Jackie Oleson from jackieoframes said 5 years ago

I have been thinking about doing this show, but would dearly love to hear from people who have done it. I would also appreciate hearing from those who didn't have such a great experience, thereby getting a less biased and more comprehensive view on the show. Please by all means, give me your thoughts. Its an expensive venture to travel and pay the price, would sure be happier knowing I had a chance. Thanks, jackie