Introducing Etsy’s Australian Community Manager

Sep 8, 2011

by muka

Hello to all of the Etsians in Australia and beyond! Liz Wald from the international team here. I’d just like to say a quick hello and make an introduction that I should have made a week or two ago — please forgive my tardiness!

As you may have read in Chad’s latest post, the international team has been working hard to get our German beta out. The folks on the ground in Europe have been preparing for the first Etsy global conference, Hello Etsy! I’ve also been working to build out our teams in other countries around the world. A few weeks ago I had the pleasure to cross (virtual) paths with Kirsteene Phelan.

Kirsteene has had stints as a photographer, DJ, cinema projectionist,  performance artist, and indie record PR person. She also makes her own jewelry label, Scrumptious Productions. Kirsteene is an involved and passionate advocate of DIY culture, micro-business and community building, and we thought it would be great to hire her on a part-time basis to reach out to the Etsy community in Australia and help bring forward all your wonderful talents, products and enthusiasm. With the holidays fast approaching, she hit the ground running and is working hard to immerse herself in our vast and vibrant Etsy community. We’re really excited to work more closely with those of you in Australia! And now, without further ado, here are some words from Kirsteene herself:

Kirsteene Phelan here, Australian Community Manager for Etsy.

First of all, I want to thank the Etsy Team members who have got in touch with me during my first week. Australia is so big, and it can be easy to feel alone when we are all so far apart. I really appreciate all the feedback so far and I’m sure that as the role develops this feedback will be invaluable.

In addition to what Liz wrote above, I wanted to share that in my new role I will be focusing on three major areas:

• Organizing social media, which will include an Australian-focused Twitter feed as a complement to the main @Etsy account. The focus of the EtsyAU feed will be mainly editorial, and the audience will include buyers, sellers, as well as diverse groups of people — folks interested in design festivals, music, photography and other creative pursuits. We also plan to launch a monthly email newsletter that will bring together the many Etsy-driven activities in Australia, plus extra newsy bits and pieces that we can broadcast to the entire community. All of these initiatives are complementary to and supportive of what the local Etsy Teams in Austrialia are already doing. I look forward to working closely with those organizations.
  • I will be highlighting Etsy to the press. This could include large feature articles, regular curated collections of local sellers and opportunities for sellers to tell their stories across all sections of the Australian and international media.
  • Finally, I’ll be planning events to coordinate with existing programming being developed  at the Etsy HQ. My focus will be both on larger events that can put small businesses in front of potential buyers and on developing an Etsy Labs programme that’s open to the public, like those going on in Brooklyn, Berlin, Paris, London and Amsterdam.

My role is really the first step toward improving Etsy’s service in Australia. Some very cool things are about to happen, and I look forward to working with members of the Etsy community all over the world, as well as being your Admin on the ground in Australia. Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have questions, concerns or just want to introduce yourself and say hello.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

3 Featured Comments

• ladykim5000

ladykim5000 said 5 years ago Featured

Hello Kirsteene! I'm a buyer and whenever people ask where I get my cosmetics, vintage or off-beat, invariably the answer is ETSY! Then I have to explain what Etsy is about! So looking forward to the higher profile you will bring here in Australia. Welcome, and I wish you every success.

• NikkiMontenegro

NikkiMontenegro said 5 years ago Featured

Welcome Kirsteene! And may I say, this is fantastic news! Looking forward to getting more info and support about events and ventures that Aussies here on Etsy can get involved in :) Nikki

• dspdavey

dspdavey said 5 years ago Featured

All the best for your position as Australian manager, Kirsteene. There are so many of us Australian sellers who can't wait for Etsy, and Aussie Etsians, to become better known both in Australia and around the world. :)

• paramountvintage

paramountvintage said 5 years ago

hi kirsteene! welcome to etsy. i sell very regularly to australia and i'd love to connect with even more. what a wonderful country!

• mooshoopork

mooshoopork said 5 years ago

welcome to etsy kirsteene!! i too do alot of business with australia!! alot of fabulous estians from that area of the world! cheers! -mooshoo

• Verdurebydesign

Verdurebydesign said 5 years ago

Kirsteene, this is exciting news. Especially for us Australians. Thanks for all that you are doing.

• sigridmeleane

sigridmeleane said 5 years ago

Welcome to Etsy Kirsteene! I look forward to your involvement. Great news for us here in Australia. :)

• MerCurios

MerCurios said 5 years ago

Welcome and hello from New York! Thanks to Social Media & CLEO Magazine we have LOTS of friends from Australia. What a beautiful country! Congratulations and I look forward to your communication. xo, MJ

• goldenyearsvintage

goldenyearsvintage said 5 years ago

Great stuff! glad to hear all the exciting new things. looking forward to it!

• littleshopofphotos

littleshopofphotos said 5 years ago

Hello Kirsteene! Welcome to Etsy!!!

• VelvetTeacup

VelvetTeacup said 5 years ago

Hello Kirsteene, Can't wait for this to happen and I look forward to hearing more. Welcome to your new role. This will band we "Australian" etsy people together.

• artemisartdesign

artemisartdesign said 5 years ago

hello and welcome to etsy Kirsteene!!! i have just shipped an order today to Australia... Hope other orders will come from there.

• KirsteeneETSYAUS Admin

KirsteeneETSYAUS said 5 years ago

Thanks so much everyone. I'm extremely excited about the role. Feel free to convo me if you have any ideas or events that you think I should know about.

• thelittlemarket

thelittlemarket said 5 years ago

congrats Kirsteene!!!! a big Hello to you and to all my wonderful Aussie customers!!

• SilverandEarth

SilverandEarth said 5 years ago

Welcome to Etsy, Kirsteene!!

• TwilightSpells

TwilightSpells said 5 years ago

Hello and congratulations Kirsteene!! That is great news for us Aussie sellers!

• hundredsofbuttons

hundredsofbuttons said 5 years ago

We have a strong etsy community in Australia, and this will widen etsy's presence even more. Best wishes to you in your new role, Kirsteene.

• daniellexo

daniellexo said 5 years ago

So exciting! Welcome Kirsteene!

• feyglass

feyglass said 5 years ago

Congratulations Kirsteene, I will be looking forward to hearing more from you and introducing more Australians to Etsy.

• paperklipdesign

paperklipdesign said 5 years ago

This is so very exciting for Australian Etsy sellers. So nice to meet you Kristeene, and looking forward to following your posts.

• ladykim5000

ladykim5000 said 5 years ago Featured

• mylenefoster

mylenefoster said 5 years ago

It's a huge market. Australia is prospering, fiscally responsible and diverse. I hope your efforts are greatly rewarded!

• tidabellamonkey

tidabellamonkey said 5 years ago

YAYYYYYY!!! For Australia!!! We have SOOO much TALENT down here. :-D

• planetdebris

planetdebris said 5 years ago

Hi Kirsteene! This is very exciting and I look forward to vibrant times ahead!

• QuaintLeigh

QuaintLeigh said 5 years ago

As an Australian seller this makes me so excited! Welcome Kristeene! Great work and keep it up!

• baublesforbellas

baublesforbellas said 5 years ago

yay, we do have so many amazing shops down under :)

• AuntyBettsAttic

AuntyBettsAttic said 5 years ago

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh this news blows my hair back! I'm new to Etsy and have been finding it slow to start. Looking forward to working with you and our talented country to pump our Etsy community!

• uniquedichroic

uniquedichroic said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene! Sounds fabulous...I can't wait for all the cool things that are about to happen:)

• wiccked

wiccked said 5 years ago

Hi Kirsteene, I'm the Team Admin for DUST, you ask a DUSTer and we're the best team ever! There are over 380 of us, and we're going through a bit of a difficult time at the moment following the loss of Julie-Ann Twigg, my co-Admin, following the recent Angel flight plane crash in which her daughter also died. After the funeral next week hopefully things will start to get back to normal a bit, and we can find our more about you, and you about us!

• Epheriell

Epheriell said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene!! SO great to have an Aussie rep - looking forward to seeing us become a bigger and brighter part of the Etsy community!

• jessabella08

jessabella08 said 5 years ago

yeay!! im thrilled to welcome you as our australian advocate. etsy is gradually becoming more well known here....lets hope its a household word one day! X

• littlemoandfriends

littlemoandfriends said 5 years ago

Welcome Kristeene! This is exciting news for the Aussie etsians! Think we've been looking forward to this for a long time! Thanks for taking up this important role!

• lizbriggsdesigns

lizbriggsdesigns said 5 years ago

Thanks for your post and a huge Aussie welcome. It will be wonderful to know that you are working on behalf of Australian Etsians and I look forward to reading more news as times goes on. Liz

• KirsteeneETSYAUS Admin

KirsteeneETSYAUS said 5 years ago

Wonderful! Wiccked, it would be great to talk to you when the time is appropriate. The Australian teams are a top priority for me and I'm so sure that your experiences will be invaluable to Etsy. Thanks so much for your kind words and further to my message from last week, condolences for the loss of Julie ann. A terrible tragedy and one that must be affecting your team greatly.

• onedenimbird

onedenimbird said 5 years ago

Hi Kirsteene. Yay, an Aussie rep! Looking forward to up and coming Aussie Etsy happenings.......

• HeyHarriet

HeyHarriet said 5 years ago

Welcome Kristeene and a big congrats from me! This is such exciting news for all Aussie Etsians!

• missrockabilly

missrockabilly said 5 years ago

Yay! Hello Kristeene :) Thanks for representing the land down under. Very exciting!

• lauraslastditch

lauraslastditch said 5 years ago

Very nice! I sell to lots of Aussies--they've been really nice customers!

• picnicfortea

picnicfortea said 5 years ago

this is so exciting! I can't wait until we have access to amazing things like they have in America, and would happily travel interstate to attend!

• NikkiMontenegro

NikkiMontenegro said 5 years ago

This is fantastic! Welcome Kirsteene, really looking forward to getting more Aussie support here on Etsy, and getting more info about things and events Aussies in Etsy can get involved in :) Nikki

• NikkiMontenegro

NikkiMontenegro said 5 years ago Featured

• sfrains

sfrains said 5 years ago

Welcome to Etsy :) It's great to have an Aussie on board!!!

• dspdavey

dspdavey said 5 years ago Featured

• bonni1982

bonni1982 said 5 years ago

This is awesome news! It has actually made my day...There are so many Australian artist/designers that deserve more exposure

• milkandcookies

milkandcookies said 5 years ago

Hi Kristeene! Great to have an aussie etsy gal on board. Looking forward to the etsy labs programme.. how excitement!

• GardenHomeArt

GardenHomeArt said 5 years ago

Wishing you all the best, Kirsteene - great to have you on board and here's hoping all the right doors open for you :)

• DomumVindemia

DomumVindemia said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene. Look forward to being further involved in promoting Australian artisans and crafters in the media.

• IndigoElephant

IndigoElephant said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene, good luck with your new position, I'm sure you'll be fab and I'm look forward to hearing more!

• VintageFairRetroRare

VintageFairRetroRare said 5 years ago

Welcome to you Kristeene, way down there! I have wonderful buyers in AU, and look forward to your projects to put AU more in the front for purchasers, artists, for a fab etsy experience. Congratulations & Good Luck with this Exciting venture! Karen

• jjungg

jjungg said 5 years ago

Yeah! Great to have an Aussie rep! All the best for you and I look forward to seeing our Aussie Etsian community grow stronger and healthier.

• NeonVillageAU

NeonVillageAU said 5 years ago

• hoteldliza

hoteldliza said 5 years ago

Looking forward to Etsy Labs in Australia :)

• MeerkatArt

MeerkatArt said 5 years ago

Great news Kirsteene. Look forward to the 'cool things that are about to happen' for Etsy Aussies.

• spincushions

spincushions said 5 years ago

Welcome Kristeene. :) I think its a great idea to promote the wonderful stuff us Aussies can do. Good luck in your role. :)

• GetSilvered

GetSilvered said 5 years ago

all the very best in your new role Kirsteene. Great to have an Aussie Rep on Etsy.

• normajean7

normajean7 said 5 years ago

An Australian rep! That's awesome, I look forward to seeing what you can do for us etsyians based in Australia! Sounds like you have some great ideas :)

• BluemchenCreations

BluemchenCreations said 5 years ago

How cool! Go Kirsteene!! I can't wait to see what you can do to make Etsy more visible in Australia. What a welcome support!!

• imapetal

imapetal said 5 years ago

Hi - great news. Could we also look at FB? as I dont do tweeting. Most welcome to hear! Good luck, looking forward to the expansion in OZ

• heidiadnum

heidiadnum said 5 years ago

Welcome!

• BlueMonsoonStudios

BlueMonsoonStudios said 5 years ago

Excellent! Welcome Kristeene! Agree - looking forward to you making Etsy more visible here in Oz and helping Oz-based Etsians! Whoo hoo!!!

• gretchenmist

gretchenmist said 5 years ago

congrats on the role! very excited about the local developments :)

• BingoBox

BingoBox said 5 years ago

Welcome & Congrats - Kirsteene !

• madefromstash

madefromstash said 5 years ago

Great news, Aussie Etsy could use an injection of energy and direction. Looking forward to seeing your innovations.

• percivalroad

percivalroad said 5 years ago

wow this is really exciting for us Aussies! Welcome Kristeene, looking forward to hearing more...

• FleeceAndFibre

FleeceAndFibre said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirstene Congratulations! It is good to hear that us Aussie are not forgotten down here.! I have just started on Etsy and it is good to know there is someone in Auz to help.

• hnl1706

hnl1706 said 5 years ago

Welcome! I'm an Aussie buyer and I buy everything from ETSY. Can't wait to see how you going to promote Etsy in Oz :)

• CatTrilling

CatTrilling said 5 years ago

As a new Aussie Etsy seller I find this really encouraging!

• possandwom

possandwom said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene! Great to know the Australian Etsy community is growing strong, I am happy to be a part of it ;-)

• planettreasures

planettreasures said 5 years ago

Hi again Kirsteene, checking in with my main shop. It's great that we have our own etsy rep!

• ableandgame

ableandgame said 5 years ago

Well done Kirsteene!

• sparrowsalvage

sparrowsalvage said 5 years ago

Oh I was only saying the other day i wish we had a rep for us Aussies, and now we do!! So awesome to know, I'm looking forward to being able to involve myself in cool things!

• Bohemianchicjewelery

Bohemianchicjewelery said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene,pleasure to have you!

• rarebeasts

rarebeasts said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene, it great to have Etsy on the ground in Australia.

• KazuOnline

KazuOnline said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene and Congratuations!!!

• bananaorangeapple

bananaorangeapple said 5 years ago

Thankyou. I like the way someone is removing WA from the rest of Australia in that photo ;)

• Indounik

Indounik said 5 years ago

G'day! It's great to see Etsy getting more in touch with the global part of the global online marketplace. Yes, I'm being cheeky but we Aussies are known for our irreverence. And also for calling a spade a bloody shovel, so here goes. Just to confuse the issue, the focus of my Etsy shop is not so much Australia but Indonesia and more particularly Bali - the source of my inspiration and most of my custom made supplies. That said, I want to take this opportunity to raise a voice for Aussie suppliers. (Indeed, all suppliers.) I hope that in your role, you might look a little more broadly at ALL Aussie Etsy sellers in your promotional activities. I get the lovely Etsy Finds newsletters every day and see other promotional stuff but how much focus do I see on supplies? Pretty much none. I know the pulling power is in handmade - and I also have some handmade listings so I have a vested interest there too - and in vintage. However, there are some really cool supplies on Etsy that never see the light of day in Etsy Finds etc I have to say I feel this is unfair. I pay the same Etsy fees on my supplies listings and sales as handmade and vintage sellers but I don't get anything like the same bang for my buck. I acknowledge that some supplies don't lend themselves so well to "the look" that sells Etsy but there are plenty that do. So I hope you'll occasionally scroll down past handmade and vintage to find supplies when you're searching for items to sing about. Thanks for undertaking this role, Kirsteene, and good luck with striking a balance. Liz and everyone else at Etsy HQ, I hope you're listening too. I hope you'll all take what I said as constructive criticism. My little Etsy shop celebrated it's first birthday just yesterday and I have loved absolutely every second of the past year. It's a diamond community. I hope the years ahead will be bigger and better, not just for me, but for us all.

• byhandstringlights

byhandstringlights said 5 years ago

Congrats!!

• Iammie

Iammie said 5 years ago

Hello Australia!

• RaesRags

RaesRags said 5 years ago

Yeah!!! Great news. Welcome Kirsteene, looking forward to great things happening in the near future.

• michellepujol

michellepujol said 5 years ago

Congrats Kristeene. Looking forward to the cool things that are about to happen for Etsy Aus so good to see aus being represented.

• misswoof

misswoof said 5 years ago

G'day!!! How fantastic...I have been buying from etsy sellers for a long while now and it is my favourite selling hub.I have no doubt that we have many talented people down here that can contribute to the etsy community. I look forward to more more Aussie on etsy... Regards...Sydney Australia!

• elleestpetite

elleestpetite said 5 years ago

Hello and welcome!

• missymaomao

missymaomao said 5 years ago

Welcome Kristeene. Looking froward to hearing more about you. Cheers from Ballarat Australia.

• arludesigns

arludesigns said 5 years ago

Hi..yes Etsy is known to a small audience down here and I would LOVe if it was a common as Vegemite ! At present I am putting my store together and so excited to be part of the Etsy family . xx

• AliceCloset

AliceCloset said 5 years ago

Welcome Australia!!! Hello from Venice,Italy :D

• StudioLeanne

StudioLeanne said 5 years ago

Hi Kirsteene I'm your Melbourne neighbour :)

• wigglebuttbaby

wigglebuttbaby said 5 years ago

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!! Such great news. So great to have smeone publicising Etsy in Aus. We need more Aussies hearing about Etsy and coming to check out all the great creations :) Welcome aboard from Melbourne :)

• Lebenchus

Lebenchus said 5 years ago

this is such a great news! i used to look at the workshops that were held in Brooklyn and other parts of the world and did really felt left out as we didn't have such opportunities here. its absolutely fantastic that etsy has finally come to australia and now more great things will happen. a very warm welcome to Kirsteene...congrats on your new role and i'm sure you are going to do a great job in making aussie etsy community even stronger and better

• frommyvintageheArt

frommyvintageheArt said 5 years ago

This is great news Kirsteene. Around May/June this year I set up my vintage shop and another for my artwork and boy has it been a steep learning curve! I'm based in SA and very few locals seem to know about Etsy! Most of my customers are overseas but it's great when Aussies find my shops and purchase as the shipping/postage costs are so much lower within Australia and there are definite differences or preferences in the style or content of what people want to buy here in Australia! We need to both connect with the global community but not lose our uniqueness in the process! Hope to hear more from you in coming days. I'd especially love some kind of register of Australian etsy shops with brief details about the shops but don't know how that can happen? Something like that would be great for potential customers and also sellers :). teresa

• moagsandsmeet

moagsandsmeet said 5 years ago

Welcome and congrats, Kristeene! :)

• HobartCollectiables

HobartCollectiables said 5 years ago

It's great to have a local voice on the etsy team and I look forward to you making etsy a bigger player on the local 'e-site' market place! Good luck and if you ever need to feature an antique and vintage store in your posts you know where to find us! Cheers, Adam.

• MissTreeCreations

MissTreeCreations said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene. I look forward to great advances on the Australian front on Etsy.

• talktothesun

talktothesun said 5 years ago

welcome!! great news!!

• earlybirdcreations

earlybirdcreations said 5 years ago

Awesome news Kirsteene!!! So happy to have an Aussie representative :)

• shellsherree

shellsherree said 5 years ago

Hi, Kirsteene! I nearly fell off my chair with excitement that we have our very own Community Manager. What wonderful news for us here in Australia ~ thank you, Etsy, we are blessed.

• 2SmartCats

2SmartCats said 5 years ago

Congrats Kirsteene, this is great news! Looking forward to upcoming events, especially in Brisbane!

• vintagenanna

vintagenanna said 5 years ago

wooooowhooooo!!!! How fantastic, welcome aboard Kirsteene! At last we can hope to get all of us DOWN HERE....UP THERE~~~!!LOL I have had my little shop now for 4 months and still not a sale!! What am I doing wrong ? I am changing tactics and putting out some new things in 2 different stores, keep you posted, Australians will soon be able to buy that famous crinkle ribbon, right here at home, at an unbeatable price, hugz to all xx

• artnomadix

artnomadix said 5 years ago

Thanks Etsy for finally appointing an Australian rep !! Welcome Kirsteene........ may you help us Aussie Etsians be discovered a bit more by the wider world......I long for my extremely warm hats to be 'Discovered' by those living in the Northern Hemisphere, as they are a tad too warm for my current abode on the eastern most point of Australia.(I used to travel and sell them in the colds of Tasmania and Central Australia in winter)..... For those of you fellow aussies new to selling on etsy ....... my involvement with the incredible DUST team, (Down Under Street Team) is THE only reason I have stayed with Etsy !! Without the friendly support, and valuable learning, from many excellent DUSTy Mentors, I would have given etsy up as a bad joke having only sold 14 things in all my years here .........('tho I have been a maker and seller of my unique hats since 1987 ) Soon when my energies return to me after some recent major surgery, I hope to put into practice the lessons I have learned from my DSTy Family, when I can once again, .....Make Make Make ........List List List ....... and then hopefully .............Sell Sell Sell Thankyou to the wonderful DUST Community !! RIP Julie-Ann !! (Co-team leader 2008- 2011) Our 2nd GOLD-DUSTer...... recently joining, our other Founding Team Leader, Nerys, who passed away ... last year

• scrumptious

scrumptious said 5 years ago

Wow!I'm truly blown away by your responses. It reflects the passion of Aus Etsians. I'm glad to be a part of it. I can see lots of questions here and I'm definitely going to try and get to some answers to you. I'm adding you all to my circle so I can keep in touch with info about the newsletter etc. Make sure you follow @etsyau on twitter for all the latest news. Tweets will start going out next week. Cheers KP

• KirsteeneETSYAUS Admin

KirsteeneETSYAUS said 5 years ago

Wow! I'm truly blown away by your responses. It reflects the passion of Aus Etsians. I'm glad to be a part of it. I can see lots of questions here and I'm definitely going to try and get to some answers to you. I'm adding you all to my circle so I can keep in touch with info about the newsletter etc. Make sure you follow @etsyau on twitter for all the latest news. Tweets will start going out next week. Cheers KP

• charstreasures

charstreasures said 5 years ago

Congratulations on your appointment - looking forward to great things for Aussie sellers and please remember those of us who don't live in major cities.

• bsylvar

bsylvar said 5 years ago

Welcome & alll the best in your new role Kirsteene:)

• JensJewellery

JensJewellery said 5 years ago

Sounds like another great move for Aussie sellers here on Etsy.. Wohoo well done. Jenni

• DragonflyInspiration

DragonflyInspiration said 5 years ago

This is great news. I became discouraged some time ago and limited my activity to buying and gave up on the selling. Thought we were just too far away. Now seems like a good time to redo my photos and update my etsy shop. Welcome Kirsteene and good luck to all of us down under. :)

• DELiciousDesignz

DELiciousDesignz said 5 years ago

Hi Kirsteene. I am part of the wonderful DUST etsy team that we have here. There are so many Australian sellers that are such a great support to each other - I hope you can bring us even more exposure to the world

• DarkHorseStudio

DarkHorseStudio said 5 years ago

Great news!! Very excited to see the progress of an Australian focus. I'd love to get more involved with the Australian community, I'm based in northern NSW and often see events etc being posted for the states and have always wished we could have something more going on here - as a group. Good luck Kirsteene and I look forward to future inspirations! x Jennifer

• Banjobird

Banjobird said 5 years ago

I LOVE etsy and shop on etsy all the time. I made an etsy purchase today. I love the circles, favourites, blogs and community. I would love get involved in the Australian promotion of etsy. Good luck Kirsteene

• MissMaryElliott

MissMaryElliott said 5 years ago

yaye! welcome welcome :)

• sewhum

sewhum said 5 years ago

Congrats. Look forward to hearing about 'events' I run 'Onabee' in Melbourne and and would love to collaborate with you to promote local makers. Lots of my suppliers see Etsy sellers too. www.onabee.com

• KirsteeneETSYAUS Admin

KirsteeneETSYAUS said 5 years ago

fab sewhum, i've added you to my ever growing list of people to get in contact with. Be sure to keep you in loop re events. KP

• magicjelly

magicjelly said 5 years ago

This is great news. Hooray!

• impexpcommodity

impexpcommodity said 5 years ago

Well done Kirsteene!

• madebymellissa

madebymellissa said 5 years ago

Great news , congrats.

• TheIDconnection

TheIDconnection said 5 years ago

Glad you are here! I sell many items to Aussie Land. Welcome from Galveston Texas

• miniink

miniink said 5 years ago

Yippeeee! Great to c an Aussie rep. Thank you so much in advance!

• iheartcharlie

iheartcharlie said 5 years ago

Yay this is so awesome, welcome. I can't wait to see what unfolds from this.

• MSunflower

MSunflower said 5 years ago

So excited about the new Aussie community! Welcome from me, one of the Sydney Etsy Team admins, and volunteer at brick and mortar art/craft store in Inner West Sydney, I Heart Gallery! Looking forward to getting involved :D

• vintagenurserylamps

vintagenurserylamps said 5 years ago

Fantastic news! Welcome Kirsteene - you are just what we Aussie Etsians need ! Looking forward to exciting stuff to come !

• Indounik

Indounik said 5 years ago

Well, Kirsteene I can see a lot of great expectations here so I know you're already going to have your work cut out for you but it occurs to me that maybe this should be an Australia-New Zealand community. There are lot of awesome Kiwi sellers on Etsy and we share many common issues. I for one would like to see them on board here too.

• cpercydesign

cpercydesign said 5 years ago

Welcome - I am very keen to attend some Etsy Labs :)

• SparrowMade

SparrowMade said 5 years ago

Welcome! Good News for Down Under. Cheers Wendy, Country Queensland, Australia

• KathyPanton

KathyPanton said 5 years ago

Hello, welcome!

• olivefarm

olivefarm said 5 years ago

ooohh how exciting!! I can't wait to see what's in store for us Aussie sellers =) Good luck Kirsteene! Sounds like you're going to be very busy hehe

• cindylouwho2

cindylouwho2 said 5 years ago

Congrats and welcome aboard!

• SquinkStudio

SquinkStudio said 5 years ago

Woohoo...Congrats and Welcome..such awesome news for us Aussies =) xx

• paleorama

paleorama said 5 years ago

Hello!! Welcome to Etsy!

• paulbead

paulbead said 5 years ago

I just love my Australian friends and customers. Next to Canada they are my third largest market. Good Luck.

• ClosetGothic

ClosetGothic said 5 years ago

I m over the ditch in New Zealand but still pleased to see an Etsy representative so close - Welcome Kirsteene.

• JewelryDeli

JewelryDeli said 5 years ago

Great to hear! Welcome Kirsteene..look forward to great stuff.

• shazzasknits

shazzasknits said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene, great news indeed for us Aussies on Etsy :D

• frankideas

frankideas said 5 years ago

I'm late to the party as always! How fabulous to know that Etsy is taking our part of the world seriously. Thank you and welcome!

• blackrockvintage

blackrockvintage said 5 years ago

Kirsteene, welcome from Nevada! I send a lot of fabulous vintage items "down under"--I'm so glad Australia is getting more exposure!

• GraGra33

GraGra33 said 5 years ago

Great to see focus in Australia ... welcome...

• honeycup

honeycup said 5 years ago

Hello, nice to meet you. Nice to see another Aussie face :)

• StandardVintage

StandardVintage said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene! It's so exciting to see Australia is taking a big part of this!

• babybarista

babybarista said 5 years ago

Wonderful to see additional focus on Aussie.

• mulberrymuse

mulberrymuse said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene, How fabulous to know we have Australian support, I am looking forward to hearing more exciting news from you:)

• Sammis2shoes

Sammis2shoes said 5 years ago

Aussie Aussie Aussie! G'day Kirsteene .... Its fabo to see another aussie here on Etsy :) Admittedly this aussie is a stone's throw from the big Apple but all the same always an aussie still an aussie. Best of luck to you , your gonna do great ... mate! Hoo Roo ;)

• colorada

colorada said 5 years ago

Welcome !! So cool to have an Aussie official branch!

• ilikeyouworld

ilikeyouworld said 5 years ago

Ooh, so ace to have an Aussie community manager. Welcome Kirsteene! Yay!

• MyRoselightDesigns

MyRoselightDesigns said 5 years ago

Best wishes Kirsteene...It's great to have another Aussie too! Well done. Am here in Sydney and think it is wonderful you can directly broaden the etsy circle. Having your expertise reaching farther a field is terrific.

• secretjewellz

secretjewellz said 5 years ago

HI Kirsteene and congratulations on your new job as a representative for us all here in Australia. Looking forward to hearing what you have installed for your fellow Etsy members. Don't forget us folks who live in the country and small townships.

• strikingkittens

strikingkittens said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene! It's wonderful to have a voice in Etsy HQ for us! I'm looking forward to the work you'll be doing on behalf of Australian Etsians!

• rensfibreart

rensfibreart said 5 years ago

Hello & welcome Kristeene, it's wonderful to have an Aussie representative - wishing you much success...

• ommvintage

ommvintage said 5 years ago

Hello Kirsteene, Welcome aboard! I'm new here too, and I can see so much potential for Etsy to grow in Australia! Looking forward sailing the Etsy ship around the Australian seas with you Yarr

• anekanena

anekanena said 5 years ago

Thanks for posting

• chickadoolane

chickadoolane said 5 years ago

You have got me excited again...etsy has seemed like a waste of time compared to madeit.com.au lately

• sesenarts

sesenarts said 5 years ago

I am very excited about this! Particularly the advertising in the social media here in Aus. Most of my customers are from the US whereas those coming from Australia are very thin on the ground. And this is definitely due to a lack of knowledge of what we are about. You can only self promote so much. So looking forward to what you can do! Congratulations on you appointment. Julie

• piggledee

piggledee said 5 years ago

How exciting! As a new Etsy seller from Australia (I've been selling on madeit.com.au for a few months), it'll be wonderful to have a local Etsy community for Australians. Looking forward to hearing more about its progress.

• sarlesnatalya

sarlesnatalya said 5 years ago

Love Australia! Have to dig around to see what do they bring in here! WOW!

• mephistopheles

mephistopheles said 5 years ago

it's great to see the Aussie market is in good hands! hope we'll be hearing more from you Kirsteene!

• knitonefelttwo

knitonefelttwo said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene, this is great news! I'm really pleased that we have an aussie rep.

• schmooks

schmooks said 5 years ago

Very cool! xx

• kellybates

kellybates said 5 years ago

Such wonderful news, welcome Kirsteene! Maybe with a bit of advertising I can cut down on how many times I have to explain what Etsy is to people here in Adelaide :D

• mybeardedpigeon

mybeardedpigeon said 5 years ago

YAY!!! have been waiting for this!

• howlindoggie

howlindoggie said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteen! Sooo glad that etsy have finally employed someone here in AU!! Looking forward to all the great stuff that will be going on!!

• tamaradesigns

tamaradesigns said 5 years ago

So glad to hear there is now an Australian rep. I look forward to see how etsy's profile will be raised!

• rainecloudaustralia

rainecloudaustralia said 5 years ago

hooray! finally a strong aussie presence. looking forward to the higher profile this will bring to aussie sellers :)

• achrisst

achrisst said 5 years ago

looking forward to more Australian based fashion.

• ThreefoldDesigns

ThreefoldDesigns said 5 years ago

Very exciting! It will be great when enough people around Australia know Etsy as well as they know Ebay! :D

• dubarrydesigns

dubarrydesigns said 5 years ago

Looking forward to lots of crafty clever things happening in Radelaide and everywhere else of course. Welcome to Kirsteene and looking forward to meeting up soon.Lots of looking forwards! Crafts! Arts! Communities! Sales!

• pishposhcards

pishposhcards said 5 years ago

Congrats Kirsteene...look forward to hearing more from you about developments for Aussie etsy.

• Lua76

Lua76 said 5 years ago

Very happy to know we are being take care of. And welcome!

• littleadelaidekate

littleadelaidekate said 5 years ago

why hello there and congratulations!

• SweetSeamz

SweetSeamz said 5 years ago

Welcome Kirsteene!!! I hope to make it Sunday to the Grace Emily and look forward to Etsy being promoted more widely in Australia. My etsy shop is now 18 months young and in this time when talking to people they say 'Etsy who?? Never heard of it'. So I'm doing my little bit of promoting but to hit the greater masses will be fabulous!!!

• Jalall

Jalall said 5 years ago

Welcome Kristeene..have been eagerly awaiting your contact for us. I've been on etsy since March and same as all comments''etsy'''is vitrually unkown here. An aussie tip - everyone go into the aussie teams and start clicking on peoples items to favourite in your acticity feed... Join an aussie team. convo aussie people and say how much you like their items best to everyone

• WriteHere

WriteHere said 5 years ago

Hi Kristeene……..welcome to your new role on Etsy. I knew that Australia would be taking off soon. Just reading the other comments above. Wouldn't it be great when we tell someone that you bought it on Etsy that the know what it is. Best of luck with helping us all to get aussie products out there.!

• ScrappsFleaMarket

ScrappsFleaMarket said 5 years ago

Hello, I've convo'd you! Kate xo

• sissysparrows

sissysparrows said 5 years ago

Congratulations... so excited for you and us Aussies!

• artebellaerin

artebellaerin said 5 years ago

So exciting! I love to sell my art here and all over the world so this sounds great.

• NaturesArtMelbourne

Martina from NaturesArtMelbourne said 4 years ago

I am late to discover this but I am very excited about it. Welcome Kristeene and it is great to have you in Melbourne - simply because that is where I am based as well. You will hear from me with feedback and ideas for sure.

• bazaarhandmade

Maani Taghizadeh from BazaarHandMade said 3 years ago

Hi Kristeene, I'm a new seller. How can u help me to be more visible at Etsy?Thanks. BazaarHandMade