It’s that time of year again! From March 21 through March 27, 2011, we’ll be celebrating the European art and artists of Etsy with special home pages full of products from throughout Europe, emails, events, information for doing business globally, and much more.
There are lots of ways to show your support for European art, craft and vintage, and everyone can join in the fun.
Artists: Go Global
- Tell the world where you are! It’s really important to make use of the new Location Autosuggest feature so that your items show up in local searches.
- Expand your horizons and begin shipping to other countries. Etsy is a global marketplace, and you’ll vastly increase your customer base if you ship internationally. Here’s some handy info on shipping internationally if you need to brush up.
Shoppers: Buy Global
- Sample another culture by purchasing an item from old Europa or somewhere similarly far-flung. You can filter search results by using the “ship to country” option.
- Try out the new Local Items Filter. Start with a search term, such as “fashion” or “art,” then narrow your search to a country or even a town to uncover creativity from all over the globe.
Everybody: Spread The Euro Love
- Make Etsy Treasuries featuring European artists. We’ll be looking for them for the home page, so be sure to tag them “EtsyEuro.”
- Tweet about Euro Week using the hashtag #EtsyEuro.
- Blog about art and artists in Europe. You can also add badges to proclaim your Euro pride:
Here’s the embed code (right now, it links to Shop Local Europe, but you can change it to link to whatever you wish):
<a href=”http://www.etsy.com/shop_local.php?place=Europe”><img src=’http://www.etsy.com/storque/media/bunker/2010/03/europe2.jpg’><a/>
Etsy Events In Europe!
- Germany: Sei Schmuck – Mach Schmuck! Munich, 21 March, 2011. 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Germany: Upcycle & Swap Abend. Berlin, 21 March, 2011. 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- UK: Beginner Seller Bootcamp at The Hive. London, 24 March, 2011. 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- France: Visit Etsy Admin AmelieFrenchie and LaetiFrenchie at Des Filles En Aiguilles. Paris, 2 – 3 April, 2011. French seller roselabiche will also be there as part of EtsyFR’s Scholarship Program.
Stay tuned for more European activity here on the blog and throughout Etsyland next week.
How will you be celebrating Euro Week? Let us know in the comments!