June marks the official start of summer, a time when we can finally indulge in our favorite outdoor activities: long bike rides, impromptu picnics, and weekend trips to the beach. In Brooklyn, it also means the weather is completely unpredictable — don’t leave home without your umbrella, folks — but here at Etsy things are only looking bright. As you check out the numbers, bear in mind that June was one day shorter than May, 2011.
- $38.4 million of goods were sold by our community in June, 4.0% lower than May’s $40.0 million.
- That represents 1,913,151 items sold for the month, 4.7% lower than May’s 2,006,810.
- 1,791,604 new items were listed in the month, 0.2% higher than May’s 1,788,017.
- 390,547 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, down 2,348, or 0.6%, from May.
- 988,956,704 page views were recorded on the site in June.
The $38.4 million of goods sold by the community represents a 74% increase from June 2010’s total. At the same time, items sold were up 58%.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in June!
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.