For many people, nothing says “I love you” like a thoughtful, handmade gift. That explains why items sold like hotcakes in February. So while you continue smooching last month’s valentine (or maybe you have already have a new one!), check out the stats for February:
- $34.4 million of goods were sold by our community in February, 2.7% higher than January’s $33.49 million
- That represents 1,850,525 items sold for the month, 0.4% higher than January’s 1,843,043.
- 1,722,237 new items were listed in the month, 8.1% lower than January’s 1,873,165.
- 360,396 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, down 12,980, or 3.5%, from January.
- 994,179,094 page views were recorded on the site in February.
The $34.4 million of goods sold by the community represents a 70% increase from February 2010’s total. At the same time, items sold were up 56%.