The tail-end of summer usually brings blazing heat to Etsy’s headquarters in Brooklyn, but last month, things were downright bizarre — August gave us a hurricane, an earthquake, and the most rain ever to hit New York City in one month. Luckily things are much more stable at Etsy, with numbers that easily eclipse those from last year.
- $45.8 million of goods were sold by our community in August, 12.7% higher than July’s $40.7 million.
- That represents 2,268,820 items sold for the month, 11.4% higher than July’s 2,036,278.
- 1,981,093 new items were listed in the month, 5.9% higher than July’s 1,870,832.
- 480,423 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, up 61,449, or 14.7%, from July.
- 1,158,545,762 page views were recorded on the site in August.
The $45.8 million of goods sold by the community represents a 80% increase from August 2010’s total. At the same time, items sold were up 49%.
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.