Etsy Statistics: December 2009 Weather Report
Jan 12, 2010
This holiday season there were quite a few Etsy presents under the tree.
- $25.6 million of goods were sold by our community in December; roughly 17% higher than November’s $22 million.
- That represents 1,449,171 items sold for the month, 12% higher than November’s 1,297,964.
- 1,815,177 new items were listed in the month, 6% lower than November’s 1,931,988.
- 307,671 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, up 61,441, or 25% from November.
- 671,752,056 page views were recorded on the site this month.
The $25.6 million of goods sold by the community represents a 98% increase from from 2008’s total. At the same time, items sold were up 78%, which means the average price per item sold was up. We translate that to mean that sellers are doing a better job of pricing their items, thus increasing their income.
Some of our members have been reaching out to me with specific requests for stats. Each Etsy shop is as unique in its data needs as it is in its product lines, so figuring out what stats to distribute is challenging — and that’s if we even have the information available. We are working on selecting a few metrics we think will be useful to the seller community, but we need your help. I will read the comments left on this post to see if a popular request sticks out. Hopefully, we can add the data to future Weather Reports.
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.