The Etsy Forums have united and declared Friday, April 24th, 2009, Etsy Day! Hurrah! We here at Etsy love you for working together to create a really exciting opportunity for us all. We will be reporting the guerilla marketing on Friday and we challenge YOU, buyer, seller or fan, to shout “Etsy!” from the rooftops. Get the Etsy name out there in the brightest, sparkly-est, boldest way you can think of! Make sure to record your efforts with video or photos (if you upload photos to flickr, making sure to tag them “Etsy Day 2009”). We’ll be highlighting the funniest, weirdest, most attention grabbing efforts here on Etsy’s Blog and on our social networks (like our Facebook page and Twitter), and we’ll make sure to link back to you.
To learn more about Etsy Day, check out the latest forum post by Shugirl here.
Here are some ideas from the Etsy Admin:
- If you get people to sign up for Etsy on Friday make sure they mention your Etsy username in the Referrer Username box at sign up! If we see a user who really rocks this, we’ll automatically include you in our Etsy Day follow up post. So if you print out flyers, get on the news, or get Ashton Kutcher to tweet about Etsy, make sure you get your username in there, too!
- Tweet your endeavors via Twitter and make sure to add the hash tag #EtsyDay. (And send it to @aplusk. Let’s get Ashton Kutcher’s attention on Etsy Day. Ha! Mr. Most Twitter Followers.)
- Support a new seller on Etsy Day! Buy an item from someone with no sales (you can find them on Pounce Undiscovered), and wish them a “Happy Etsy Day” in the Message to Seller field when you check out.
- Print out schugirl’s Etsy sign to stick in your car window or download and print out the design Anda made for Etsy Day!
- Get an Etsy tattoo!
- Dress your family in all orange. When you get weird looks, whisper “Etsy”.
- One final clarification…”Etsy” is pronounced like “Betsy” with no B.
Ok, we’re getting silly now. Let’s hear your own Etsy Day guerilla marketing ideas! Post them in the comments below. And don’t forget to post photos of your wildest Etsy Day promotions to Flickr and tag them “Etsy Day 2009”!
The Fine Print: This promotion is being sponsored by independent Etsy shop owners, not Etsy.com. We’re just excited about it.