Sean works on the Product Team, developing new site features. Right now he’s focusing on the shopping experience. As many of his colleagues point out, Sean has an absolute passion for user experience, product development and design. Perhaps even more impressively, he can clearly explain dry computer-y stuff and make it really interesting.
- He consumes vast quantities of mints.
- He’s a foodie, but Lauren notes that he doesn’t know how to cook.
- He didn’t like his lab coat photo so we combined it with his avatar photo!
- Sean’s obsessed with Rhode Island history and hosts RI birthday parties (evidence!). Sean and Vanessa are the two Admin who share Rhode Island roots.
- Played for a straight-edge hardcore band and published a straight-edge hardcore fanzine in high school. No longer straight-edge; now really interested in Belgian beer. KC confirms Sean’s love for witbiers.
- He’s a former wannabe graffiti artist and claims to have skateboarded with Shepard Fairey in his youth. Anda comments that he practices graffiti all over his notebooks, though she can’t vouch for his skater skillz because she’s never seen him skate.
- First concert: Verbal Assault (a Newport, RI hardcore band), afternoon matinee, age 13. Sean sang for a hardcore punk band called Non-Conformity in the eighth grade.
- His favorite TV series is The Sandbaggers.
- He thinks public data should be put to good use.
- Sean is big into old-time comics and spent formative years in cartooning classes at RISD. He vaguely looks like a Chris Ware character, according to Alison.
- He loves books and notebooks (evidence! x2!).
- His father has the largest handlebar moustache in Rhode Island and possibly the East Coast.
- He’s been a vegetarian (or rather pescetarian) since age 13.
- His Etsy username is sean11 because 11 is his “life path number” in numerology.
- He’s seen almost every movie shot in New York City in the 1970s and thinks all the best music was made in that decade.
- Jen points out his Nike sneaker fetish. Pete says, “He started wearing Nikes on Fridays and then extended it to other days of the week as he became more ‘casual.'”
- He has an endearing habit of rubbing his hands together.
- Sean is on a mission to visit and document every island in Narragansett Bay (there are 30).
- Lauren found a college class that uses his blog as a reference for how to create good wireframes.
- Self-proclaimed Big Nerd!
Sean submitted this as an awkward photo, but we think it’s pretty rad:
Sean used to compete in breakdancing competitions in the ’80s. Again, pretty rad:
Baby Sean sees his first wireframe:
And one more cute one, for good measure:
Etsy has had quite a growth spurt recently and we have the awkward pictures to prove it. We’ve been posting a series of About Us pieces to help you get to know the Etsy admin (and since many of us work remotely, for the admin to get to know each other!). You’ve seen the admin badge, and maybe you’re a bit curious about the person behind it! For more on Etsy’s mission and about the company, please see our About page (the link is in the little blue footer of every Etsy page).
Some favorite shops below…