Labs are Etsy’s interactive classrooms, a place to hang out, throw
paper airplanes and share skills. This week we have some guest speakers talking to us about their craft! Also, keep an eye out for some specific Virtual Labs
events this month to help sellers and shoppers get prepared for the Holidays.
Alert! Alert! Want to keep up with the Virtual Labs schedule? Make sure you sign up for the Etsy Success mailing list. We’re going to be sending the schedule out via newsletter from now on!
The following schedule covers October 13th to October 18th, 2008 (all Eastern Daylight Time). The schedule posted in the Virtual Labs is magically in *your* time. If you are confused, just click here to see what’s coming up in your real time.
- Newbie Chat with Danielle and Julie — 3pm in the Treehouse. Newbies! Get your questions answered here! Julie and Danielle can help get your shop started on the right foot.
- Craft Night! — 5pm in the Treehouse. Fall is in the air! This week we’ll be making
pumpkin pincushions. We will demonstrate
how to hand sew and embellish these lovely little creations. These
pincushions make wonderful gifts and decorations for the fall. This
project is open
to people with all levels of sewing experience.
- Show and Tell for Sellers — 7pm in the Lounge.
Come share what you are working on! Everyone will get their own time
to talk about a project they are working on and get feedback. Come
with links to pictures of your work in progress, or if you have a
webcam, you can show us live!
- Newbie Chat with Danielle and Julie — 4:15pm in the Treehouse. Newbies! Get your questions answered here! Julie and Danielle can help get your shop started on the right foot
- Show and Tell for Buyers: Keeping Warm — 4pm in the Lounge. Hello Shoppers! Let’s find the best Etsy items that will keep us warm this Fall! Together we’ll make a Treasury!
- On-The-Fly Critiques with the EtsyLabs ladies — 5pm in the Treehouse. Pop in for a mini-critique with some experienced sellers and Etsy admin.
Fan Art Talk in the Virtual Labs: Special Guest Professor Henry Jenkins – 3pm in the Storque Room. Join in for a discussion about the history and meaning of fan art with MIT professor Henry Jenkins. Invite your friends! Anyone is welcome — you just need an Etsy username.
- How-To For the Holidays — 4pm in the Treehouse.
Every week we’ll be hosting a How-To for sellers to help you get ready
for the holiday shopping season. This weeks topic: Social Networking for the Holidays.
- Helping Others Street Team Trunk Show — 7pm in the Treehouse. 10% of the proceeds from the sales of this show will go to charity. Here’s what this Team is all about: “HOST is a group of Etsy buyers and sellers with a mission to help other
Etsians in need. We offer basic financial support, or we can suggest
options if your need is greater than we can meet. We also offer
emotional support and friendship, and a warm welcome awaits new members!”
- Polishing Techniques for Metal – 1pm in the Treehouse. Join Etsy sellers Metalicious and onegarnetgirl for an informative chat about polishing methods. Not to be missed!
- On-The-Fly Critiques with the EtsyLabs ladies — 3pm in the Treehouse. Pop in for a mini-critique with some experienced sellers and Etsy admin.
- All About Encaustics – 1pm in the Treehouse. Join Etsy sellers, and encaustic enthusiast, newbyart and kbean for more info about encaustic techniques and materials.
And now — a few of my favorite metalwork and encaustic items on Etsy! Enjoy!