Your fellow Etsy Team members can be a really valuable resource for running your Etsy shop! At this critical time of year when you’re marketing your handmade wares and driving traffic to your items, you want to make sure you’re really putting your best foot forward. Below are some ideas on how to take a few simple steps and really kick your Etsy shop into high gear with the help of your fellow teammates!
- Take turns making a forum thread for different members’ shops with helpful tips on changes they can make.
- Decide if you’re critiquing whole shops or just a certain aspect of shops – for example, you might focus on photography one week, tagging another, pricing another, etc.
- Invite some buyers! Members of Etsy who don’t have shops can give great advice from a slightly different perspective! Remember not to spam buyers to get them to help your Team, but rather if your Team has members who are buyers-only, be sure to include them. Reach out to your friends and acquaintances.
- Keep it constructive! Remember, you want to give each other enough feedback to make the session worthwhile, but keep it useful and constructive. Try not to be negative without offering ideas for the person to improve the aspects of their shop that aren’t currently in top form.
- Schedule a follow-up session! Plan to meet again in a week or so to check out the changes that have been made. Keep each other motivated to make improvements.
There are a nice added benefits of shop critiques among your teammates: not only does it raise the quality of the shops you’re working with to promote, but you’ll get to know their shop in more detail and learn more about the items everyone is selling. This makes it easier to recommend your teammate’s shops by word of mouth, increasing everyone’s traffic.