There are many benefits of joining an Etsy Team, including cross promotion among Team members. With the holidays quickly approaching, joint merchandising and promotional efforts are a really great way members can help each other and boost overall sales — and help shoppers find those perfect holiday gifts.
For example, take Leandogpottery‘s Labyrinth Soap Dish. She might include a link in the product description to fellow Team member savor‘s Tart – Olive Oil Soap, and mention what a lovely pair the two items would make for a gift!
Savor would do the same, including a link to Leandogpottery‘s soap dish in her item listing. Now, with a little teamwork from sellers, shoppers can easily find a great gift set within a modest gift budget.
Below are some other ideas for bundling, coupling, grouping, branding and merchandising items from your Team:
- You can also pair items from your shop with other items in your shop – suggest coordinating items in listings.
- Or you can include a link to a search for your Team’s tag in your item listings to help shoppers find items they might like from shops of other Team members.
- Use the Etsy mini to highlight great items from your Team on your blogs, social networking sites and other places on the web.
- If you’re primarily a buyer on Etsy, you can show support for your favorite Teams by including links to their Team tags in your Etsy profile.
- To mix things up a bit, try occasionally Twittering or blogging about a Teammate’s shop from your account – it’s more fun and you’ll get more attention that just talking about your own work all the time.
- Many Teams find it useful to include a Team image as the last item image in an item listing – the image might have your Team’s logo and a Team search tag, so shoppers can recognize items by a particular Team more easily.
- Organize a ring of links to your Teammates shops in your announcement.
- Follow the steps in this previous Team tip to promote your Team everywhere.
Teams are a wonderful way to work with your fellow sellers to accomplish more marketing than you could by yourself. By getting creative and doing some smart merchandising, you and your Team can work together to drive more traffic and increase sales for each other.