Hi there Sellers!
Last Friday’s Virtual Labs’ Community Chatt (this time with Bethela, marymary, and HeyMichelle) was about gathering specific feedback from sellers for Etsy’s research into an in-house payment system (IHPS). This is a project that we have recently started to look in to, and we want to get feedback from the Community (aka sellers and buyers) as we begin our research.
Please see last week’s Community Chatt summary for a bit more info on this project.
Thanks again to everyone who participated! The info that we have gathered in these chats, and in forum threads started by our Community have been integral to the research of this project.
This was the agenda:
1. International Sellers: please let us know what issues surrounding an in-house payment system would affect you. For example, credit cards are uncommon in many countries, so discussing other payment options that would make sense for you would be pertinent.
2. Features that you would like to see in an in-house payment system. Think about other sites that you visit or sell on: what checkout options do they offer that you would like to see?
3. Etsy Policies: what policies for an IHPS do you think are fair and helpful for buyers and sellers on Etsy?
4. Discuss alternatives to an Etsy in-house payment system.
5. Discuss PayPal’s services and Amazon’s in-house payment system. What do you like and dislike about these services? What could Etsy incorporate and learn from?
Here is what we discussed:
Please read the minutes of this week’s Community Chatt to see what was discussed. This meeting was very productive, with lots of great info from sellers in attendance. If you have other thoughts on these topics regarding an in-house payment system, or on any Etsy community issue for that matter, we can always be reached at email@example.com.
This Week’s Chatt with Matt:
Topic: Notification from Etsy — Ideas For Better Communication
We will be talking about the kind of information you as a seller need from Etsy, and brainstorming ideas about how you’d like to receive it.
– The Forums: Admin announcements.
– Etsy Opt-in Emails (Etsy News, Etsy Success, EtsyTeams), how to get the word out. What constitutes news?
– The Storque: How can we improve news delivery?
– The Virtual Labs: What sessions you would like to see? Ways to improve flow of meetings. What features are needed?
– Sitewide Emails: Spam or not? Alternatives, like in-shop announcements or news tickers.
When: Friday, May 2 at 12pm Eastern US (NYC time). Through the magic of the internet, the workshop times on the Virtual Labs Lobby are displayed in your local time. Here’s a world time clock just in case.
About Community Chatt With Matt:
Each week Etsy admin Matt invites you to join us for a live, online discussion of the "hot" issues in the Etsy community. Our intention is to give buyers and sellers alike the opportunity to speak directly and candidly to Etsy Admin. We listen, take notes, and make sure that everybody who wants to gets a chance to speak.
You can view minutes from past meetings HERE.