Gotta Travel On: Who is Going to the European Cup?

Jun 29, 2008

by Vanessa Bertozzi

European sports fans unite! The 2008 European Cup is this Sunday, and the Spaniards and Germans face off to see who will be the reigning champions of European football — what Americans like to call soccer.

Are any of you readers going to attend the match?  Or is it the ol’ telly for you?  Who do you wager will win — Spain or Germany?

Post in the comments below!

Gotta Travel On | Travel ShowcaseEtsy World Tour

Sold
Muddy Morning
Muddy Morning
Sold

• gilbea

gilbea said 8 years ago

Well, the game starts in 20 minutes, and I hope Spain wins!!! Germany has won many times already, and this is the second time Spain gets to a final and it we have real chances of winning for the first time ever! (first time was in the 30s and we didn't win so... yeah it was time already! hehe). That, and I'm a spaniard.. Go Reds GO!! =)

• fricdementol

fricdementol said 8 years ago

ehehehe, yeah for Spain! i have many reasons, including the one that Portugal lost with Germany :P

• LoucheLab

LoucheLab said 8 years ago

I'm also rooting for Spain!

• StrayNation

StrayNation said 8 years ago

I think Germany is a better team but Spain still has a good chance. I'm recording the game so I hope I'm not making this comment with Spain already up by four or something! heh.

• gilbea

gilbea said 8 years ago

Playing as a team I think Spain has showed more talent than Germany through the games. Or at least thats what experts say (and not spanish experts). Spain 1 - 0 Germany! 45 minutes to go. Let's see if we don't screw this up! Spaniards are famous for screwing things in the last minute lol

• nanouke

nanouke said 8 years ago

I'm for Spain too! Good luck!

• Kreativlink

Kreativlink said 8 years ago

Congrats to Spain! My german hubby is not amused, though... :) But even he said that Spain played SO much better! They earned it!

• gilbea

gilbea said 8 years ago

Seems we finally had a good team! YAY! Thanks people =) K, yes, I think they deserved it too. Sad, I'm a Ballack fan hahaha but Torres, Villa and Casillas were fantastic this eurocup! =)

• thymbyldesigns

thymbyldesigns said 8 years ago

Ah well, I had crossed my fingers for Germany, also because of 2006. Spain was luckier this time, and a 2nd is cool enough. They're about to welcome the team back home in Berlin these minutes, btw. And oh... hehe, this is what we have to say to the world: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lCG7DRNM8zw