Support your Local Etsy Team by checking out some of these upcoming events! Location based Etsy Teams are sellers and buyers who team up based on where they live to encourage their local communities to buy handmade! These dynamic groups of Etsy members are passionate about educating their friends and neighbors about their craft, meeting and networking with other crafty people where they live.
Here’s a glimpse of what some Teams are up to in this month. If you’re interested in finding a Team where you live, you can check out our list of existing Etsy Teams, learn how to join or start your own!
- The CT Etsy Team will be holding their Shake ‘n’ Bake Indie Craft Fair on October 4, 2008. The show will feature over a dozen Etsy Sellers including soapers, crafters, jewelers, vintage clothing sellers and more. This creative Team has paired up with Trash American Style, a mobile purveyor of fine quality records, LP’s, and other hard to find musical goodies for the event, and will also boast a bake sale! All the vendors will be baking delicious treats as a fundraiser. 50% of the money we earn will be donated to Escape to the Arts, a local YMCA community art program located in Danbury, Connecticut. For more information on this wonderful, active Team, check out their Team blog!
- As the Arizona Crafty Burrito Collective continues to grow, they are at the important stage of organizing their group to provide the best support and networking possible. Since the temperatures remain extremely hot in the Arizona desert, it’s been a great time of year for the Crafty Burritos to get fully prepped for the Holiday Season. They’re gearing up for the First Friday Art walk in October, where they’ll be spreading the word about Etsy and their Team.
- All the details have been set in place for the Uber Crafters of North Central Worcester County‘s first Holly-Day Craft Fair! Mark your calendar for November 29, 2008 and bring a canned good to help those in need in the community. The Uber Crafters are a small and fairly new Team, located just outside Boston, and they’re excited to get together for this holiday selling event. For more information on this Team’s inaugural show, check their Facebook blog or member EttiandOttisAdornment’s blog.
- The NC Triangle Team has had quite a month! Check out their recent featured Team article here in the Storque, and they were also recently featured in the local News & Observer in North Carolina. On Saturday, September 27, 2008 a member is holding a Fall Boutique Open House, where 13 members will be selling their wares! Sellers include VintageScraps, KarensSoaps, BellaMiaDesigns, Scatterbox, SydneyAustinDesigns, FadedBlues, PhroggyDee, CinnamonSpice, Vintage2Creations, TrashyBroad, JessiJeanJewelry, BibsBurpsAndMore, and RippasCustomSilver. Visit their Team blog for more information.
- Fifty-four shops will be participating in the European Street Team‘s upcoming Secret Santa game. To learn more about this International Team, check their Team blog.
Support Etsy Teams by searching "Team", and to learn more about the Etsy Team program, please join us in our weekly round table workshops, held in the Virtual Labs each Thursday! You can also find information about Etsy Teams at http://team.etsy.com.