I apologize for the delay in publishing these — we’re working on revamping the information we send out and were hoping to have these changes in place for this month.
Here are September’s key numbers, all of which represent the highest total ever for their categories:
- $7.93 million of goods sold — a 5% increase over August.
- That represents 544,157 items sold, a 5.3% increase from August’s stats.
- 911,191 new items were listed, up from 869,000 items last month, a 4.9% increase.
- 96,473, new members joined the Etsy community, including 18,001 new sellers. Both of these rates of new sellers and new buyers are essentially flat from last month.
- 344,000,000 page views were recorded on the site, a slight increase from August.
A few things to consider with these numbers: September has one less day than August, which makes a significant difference as we start having $300,000 sales days (that’s right — even in these tough economic times, we set a single day record on Sept 30th: $305,000!).
Thanks to everyone in the Etsy community for all of their hard work in September!
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.