Etsy Statistics: April $howers

May 2, 2008

by winenutnyc

Frankly, we were a little worried about April’s numbers at the start of the month: Easter, a big shopping holiday, was in March this year, and April has one less day than March.

Overall, our fears were unfounded — while our growth wasn’t quite as robust as March, we did hit some terrific milestones.
The numbers:

• 295,797,972 pageviews, up 4% compared to March.
  • There were 710,000 new items listed, up 1%.
  • 427,000 items sold, up 6% from March’s number.
  • We added over 65,000 new buyers, essentially flat vs. March, but an impressive number, nonetheless.

The milestones?  We sold over $6 million for the first time ever, an 8% increase over March! Also, April 30th was Etsy’s biggest day ever, with 16,580 items sold, representing $256,000. Thanks, CNN!

• gingerlimeRed

gingerlimeRed said 12 years ago

I'm not surprised that April 30th was the biggest day. It's a is a great day: Willie Nelson's birthday, the day the Vietnam War ended, and my birthday! Congratulations Etsy and I hope we keep growing :-)

• BululuStudio

BululuStudio said 12 years ago

wow amazing

• NestaHome

NestaHome said 12 years ago

Thanks for the stats!!! March 30th was a good day for me too :)

• LazyTcrochet

LazyTcrochet said 12 years ago

Yay, thanks for the info. Hooray for CNN and here's to May!

• Earmark

Earmark said 12 years ago

that is awesome! April was slooow for me so here is hoping for some bigger numbers in May! GO ETSY! :)

• mamabetsy

mamabetsy said 12 years ago

Great to read! Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

• LAVENDERDRAGONHERBS

LAVENDERDRAGONHERBS said 12 years ago

Let me guess, All those new buyers are buying supplies right? I dont think it made that mush difference to that mant different shops with all the posts of No Sales for April in the Forums. I believe in growth to a certain extent, but I think Etsy is getting over flooded, and is going to end up biting their nose off to spite their face, if they dont slow the incoming Resale and Mass Produced Crap that is being allowed to be sold here.

• kimbuktu

kimbuktu said 12 years ago

Yea etsy! Love all the new buyers. I have seen some of them in my shop.

• babastudioPrague

babastudioPrague said 12 years ago

We had an excellent April here, perhaps one of our best months so far. I think it was mainly down to our new designs and photographs, but it's good to hear that the whole site is growing. Let's hope for a great May!

• bobnstitch

bobnstitch said 12 years ago

That is great news!!!

• walkinthewoodsllc

walkinthewoodsllc said 12 years ago

Thanks for the monthly report - there in lies some good info and food for thought - and action. Etsy rocks!

• marjiew

marjiew said 12 years ago

I would rather people buy supplies off of etsy than at fabric stores, etc. Any sale is a good sale in my opinion.. I try to redirect friends and family to etsy. Also, a lot of supplies are vintage and found in thrift stores, basements, etc. People who buy those supplies not only support etsy, they also help the environment/economy/etc by using what is already produced

• BlackStarDesigns

BlackStarDesigns said 12 years ago

That's awesome that Etsy is having so much growth! We had our first 3 sales in April so I couldn't be happier!

• darklingwoods

darklingwoods said 12 years ago

isn't it great to hear good news about economics for a change? *whoot* Etsy!

• PixieDustinc

PixieDustinc said 12 years ago

I am happy to have been part of this! I both bought and sold in April, and I am still finding my way around Etsy. I cant say enough about Etsy the quality of the sellers the beautiful layout. THANK YOU For being here. After several attempts at my own ecommerce website, I am finally comfortable with what I am doing.

• FolkPhotography

FolkPhotography said 12 years ago

Those are impressive numbers, I just joined up and I am in the process of getting some of my work posted. I am glad I finally did!! Way to go!

• LazyTcrochet

LazyTcrochet said 12 years ago

I'd love to see stats on a regular basis!

• pouch

pouch said 12 years ago

it all sounds good to me :) will the stats be a regular feature?

• Vanessa Admin

Vanessa said 12 years ago

Charles aka winenutnyc does a monthly stats post. These used to be in the newscast, but we've starting just doing them as their own posts. You can do a Storque search for "statistics" to call up these posts.

• jessieraye

jessieraye said 9 years ago

Once again. Very very Awesome! :)