Your Etsy Bill’s Reminder System

Oct 5, 2007

by jimchesters

We’ve just implemented our reminder system about paying your bill. You’ll now see an alert bar just below the header and, if you have fees more than 3 months overdue, an interstitial screen letting you know.

Until the end of this year, reminders are the only consequence of having overdue fees. Starting on January 15 of 2008, accounts with fees that are 2 months overdue will not be able to list new items, and having fees 3 months overdue (or greater) will have their accounts suspended. We’ll always contact anyone with overdue fees several times beforehand to make sure things are OK and see what we can work out.

Once again, until the end of this year, reminders are the only consequence of having overdue fees.

NOTE:
This article was edited to comply with the Billing FAQ.

Pink Brown Sakura Snap Wallet
Pink Brown Sakura Snap Wallet
Sold
I sold my soul and all I got was this lousy button set.
I sold my soul and all I got was this lousy button set.
Sold

• crazyartdolls

crazyartdolls said 8 years ago

What happens when everything is paid and you still get the message about overdue, will you be cut off even though bills are paid to date?

• RevolvingDork

RevolvingDork said 8 years ago

If you're all paid up, you shouldn't be getting the message about being overdue. If you continue to receive the message and you have paid off your balance completely, let us know.

• jared Admin

jared said 8 years ago

Even I was 3 months late. Thanks for the reminder. All paid up!

• DustandClay

DustandClay said 8 years ago

I sure hope you go back to automatic deductions. I was not aware I owed anything. I was also not aware of this change. I guess I just missed it. Anyway, I just paid my bill which was 3 months over due and am really embarrised and sorry it happened. Please let me know I am square with billing. Thanks, Bettye (DustandClay)

• thebeadingtree

thebeadingtree said 8 years ago

Great job on explaining this!! :)

• staceyrebecca

staceyrebecca said 8 years ago

I'm sad that kittens were not a contributor of this article.

• strumpfkunst

strumpfkunst said 8 years ago

I'm sure it was hard finding "related items" for this. :)

• craftmanor

craftmanor said 7 years ago

How about if you owe less than a dollar. In August I got a bill for my August payment and a notice that I was overdue and I needed to pay by my due date or I would not be able to list anymore items. The previous two months were somewhat slow for me (enjoying the summer months), so I owed less than a dollar both months. My understanding was, you can't make a payment of less than a dollar. How will this work after January?