Zak no long works at Etsy, but we miss him very much — especially the team here at the blog. Best wishes to you, Zak!
Etsy has had quite a growth spurt in the past year, and we have the awkward pictures to prove it. We are posting a series of About Us pieces to help you get to know the Etsy admin (and since many of us work remotely, for the admin to get to know each other!). You’ve seen the admin badge, and maybe you’re a bit curious about the person behind it! For more on Etsy’s mission and about the company, please see our About page (the link is in the little blue footer of every Etsy page).
Zak aka zakj was once the world’s youngest insurance salesman. Now that he’s outgrown that career, he works as an engineer for Etsy. The Storque has a special place in its heart for him as he’s currently making improvements on this here superblog. He lives out in San Francisco so we don’t get to see him all that often, sadly.
Zak Fun Facts:
- He’s a security expert.
- He is Lakin‘s secret twin.
- He’s a Mac fan-boy.
- He loves Jelly Belly jelly beans.
- He’s deathly afraid of mounties on llamas.
- Zak is originally from Australia and, according to MarietheBee, always forgets the American versions of two words: “dressing gown” (robe) and “face washer” washcloth.
- He loves Lamingtons and misses them so much. Marie recommends you please send him Lamingtons.
- He also feels a bit tormented by having lost his Australian accent and the allure it entails.
- Apparently, he also gets really snoozy.
And here’s the little Zak munchkin!