Jay no longer works at Etsy. He is moving on to great projects, we’re sure.
Etsy has had quite a growth spurt in the past year, and we have the awkward pictures to prove it. We are posting a series of About Us pieces to help you get to know the Etsy admin (and since many of us work remotely, for the admin to get to know each other!). You’ve seen the admin badge, and maybe you’re a bit curious about the person behind it! For more on Etsy’s mission and about the company, please see our About page (the link is in the little blue footer of every Etsy page).
Jay is one of the first engineers to be hired at Etsy. He came to us via his wife Luca of Lollibomb. Jay is a smarty-pants but he’s not in your face about it; rather he’s just has this very cool and approachable way about him. He’s a true gentleman and geek at heart. It’s so nice to work with someone who sincerely wants to help and make Etsy a better place!
Jay Fun Facts:
- His real name is Jared, but Etsy admins decided to rename him Jay, so as not to be confused with Jared Tarbell. No one else in the whole world calls him Jay. Just us. His mom hates it.
- Jay recently relocated from sunny Florida to be closer to Etsy Labs in Brooklyn. Jay lives in New Jersey.
- Jay is usally dressed in all black.
- He’s very accident prone –
- he’s a member of the Etsy Admin Head Trauma Club.
- he was hit in four separate hit-and-run accidents in one year.
- he fractured his toe in his sleep!
Despite all the injuries, he still manages to play some mean hardball.