Congrats on your first sale! This article will guide you through fulfilling your order. Here’s what to do (after you finish your happy dance):
1. Communicate. Send your buyer an Etsy Conversation to thank her for her order. If she paid with check or money order, let her know you’ll ship once it clears.
If a customer (or potential customer) writes to you, it’s always a good idea to respond quickly. This shows that you are on the ball!
2. Make a pretty package. Etsy sellers are known for sending thoughtful packages. Since this is your first sale, you may not have a ton of materials, but even a piece of tissue paper can make all the difference. Tuck in a thank-you card with a hand-written note (you can DIY this out of a scrap of pretty paper). Tuck in a business card if you have one. If not, remember to write your Etsy shop name somewhere on your thank-you card. Check out these DIY packaging ideas for some inspiration!
3. Ship quickly. Your buyer is anxiously awaiting her package! Impress her by shipping the item as quickly as possible.
4. Mark as shipped. Note that you’ve shipped the item on your Sold Orders page. If you have a tracking number, you can include it in the Shipping Notification, an option that appears after you mark the item as shipped.
5. Encourage reviews. Many new sellers wonder how to get a customer to leave them a review. Leaving a review is optional, but you’re welcome to encourage your buyer to leave one! Here is a little trick to improve your chances: When crafting your Message to Buyers, which buyers see during checkout, remind them how important their feedback is to you. Include a line like, “I want you to be completely satisfied! Please let me know if there are any issues or questions with your order. If you’re pleased with your purchase, please feel free to leave me a review.”
Include a link to the Reviews page, and voila! We’ll also send them a review reminder email on our end.
Have questions? Write to us and we’ll be happy to help!