Set sail for the shore of creativity! For this week’s How-Tuesday post, we’re celebrating Nautical July with a round-up of inspired DIYs that capture a bit of seaside wonder. Set a course for seashell candles and glass bottles with secret messages, stitched anchors for your togs and woven doormats for sandy, salty feet.
Top row, left to right:
1. Anchors aweigh! Cleverly made polymer clay buttons add a seafaring touch.
2. Make a hand-embroidered message in a bottle to give to someone special.
3. We’re smitten with the shell DIYs in this month’s Sweet Paul. These spoons looks like something a mermaid might use.
Middle row, left to right:
1. Learn to make a braided doormat and add a fresh and summery touch to your entryway.
2. Style Me Pretty’s step-by-step illustrated tutorial makes creating your own rope tote a breeze.
3. Tiny anchor charms and a fishtail braid update the classic friendship bracelet.
Bottom row, left to right:
1. Have some fun (and give your arms a workout) making your own saltwater taffy.
2. Turn shells left over from a summer clambake into whimsical candles.
3. Let little ones set sail in puddles, ponds or rivers with a handmade toy raft.
What’s your favorite nautical DIY?