The Local Items filter on search results connects shoppers with relevant Etsy items close to home (especially helpful for those last-minute purchases). We want to make sure you’re all set up to connect with those buyers. Happy pin-pointing!
We at Etsy encourage buyers to shop locally — not only as a way to help get the right gifts in time for the holidays, but because supporting local economies is where it’s at!
How can you make sure local buyers (and press!) can find you? First you must set your location in your public profile. Here’s how:
- Go to Your Account > Public Profile.
- Type in your city, and your location should auto-fill.
A Few More Tips for Being Found:
1. Promote your location in interesting places! SaltAndPaper makes sure to call out the fact that their work is “handmade in Brooklyn” in a shop banner. Make sure you talk up your hometown in your item listings and shop profile, too. These areas of your shop are indexed by Google, so even a simple “Made in Chicago” can help a local reporter or shopper find you through a web search.
2. Join a local Etsy Team. Not only will you gain an instant support group, but promoting together can really make an impact.
3. Blog (or use other social networks) to promote your favorite local destinations (independent craft stores, your favorite cafe, etc). Support your neighborhood hangouts, and you’ll connect with like-minded and local people! (This kind of content is also a good draw for other nearby bloggers, buyers and press contacts.)