UPDATE: To find more up-to-date directions regarding paying with a credit card, check out the Help section.
So, you’ve found the perfect item on Etsy, and now it’s time to pay! Credit card payments on Etsy are handled at PayPal, a secure online financial service. Depending on the seller, you may be able pay with a credit card without signing up for (or signing in to) a PayPal account.
You can also sign up for a PayPal account while purchasing an item. Signing up for a PayPal account will make your future Etsy purchases easy; you will not need to re-enter your credit card information. This tutorial will show you how to pay with a credit card without a PayPal account, and how to sign up for an account.
If you navigate away from the Checkout page, you can access all the transaction details by visiting the Invoice page for the transaction. Just go to Your Etsy > Purchases, and click the Invoice link for that transaction.
Remember that you need to pay each seller individually by going to PayPal separately for each order.
Alright, ready? Let’s begin!
1. Click “Pay with PayPal” at the end of the checkout process. Even if you don’t have a PayPal account, you may be able to use their service to pay with your credit card or open a new PayPal account.
2. Now you are at PayPal. If you are able to pay this seller without signing in to a PayPal account, you will see a link that says, “Continue.” (See the image below.)
Many people will not need this step. Skip to step 3 if you see a page asking you to enter your credit card info.
3. Enter your credit card and personal info. Click “Review Order and Continue.”
4. Review your order. If everything is correct, Click “Pay (dollar amount) Now.”
5. If you do not want to create a PayPal account, click “Return to your Etsy order” and go to step 9. If you would like to create a PayPal account, skip to step 6.
6. If you would like to create a PayPal account, create a password, then click “Create PayPal Account”.
7. Click “Return to your Etsy order”.
8. You are done paying this seller when you see the green checkmark under the order.
Please note that sometimes PayPal does not process information immediately- wait a few minutes, and refresh the page if so.
9. If you did not set up a PayPal account, repeat steps 1-5 for each seller you have purchased from.
If you set up a PayPal account, you will need to confirm it. Open a new browser window (go to File > New Window). Find the email from PayPal. If it is not there, check your junk email folder. Press “Click here to Activate Account”, and follow the prompts.
Then, go back to the Etsy window. Click “Pay with PayPal” and follow the prompts for each seller you have purchased from. Remember to click “Return to your Etsy order” after each payment!
How do I know if my payment is complete?
Go to Your Etsy. Click “Purchases” (on the left side). If you have paid this seller for the order, it will say “Payment Received” under status.
If you have not paid, it will say nothing under status. To pay, click “invoice.” Click “Pay with PayPal,” and follow steps 2-6 in this guide.
I didn’t pay for my purchases immediately. How do I pay now?
Go to Your Etsy. Click “Purchases” (on the left side). Click “invoice” next to the item you want to pay for. Click “Pay with PayPal,” and follow steps 2-6 in this guide.
How long to I have to make a payment?
Thank you for your purchase — we hope you will enjoy it! Please contact email@example.com if you need further help, and they will be happy to assist you. Have fun shopping on Etsy!