So you’ve knitted your toddler a frog suit, transformed your home into a haunted mansion, and rehearsed your shadow puppet performance. Now it’s time to party! This weekend, shock and delight the little monsters in your living room by serving up a tray of delectable gore.
1. Prepare a package of lime or apple Jell-O as directed and divide among 8-ounce mason jars or clear bowls, filling only halfway; refrigerate them until firm.
2. Prepare another Jell-O flavor, such as cherry, berry-blue, or grape. While Jell-O is cooking, place three gummy worms on top of set gelatin and let another hang over the lip. Pour second flavor over the worms, filling to the top; refrigerate.
1. Put 1 maraschino cherry in each section of an ice-cube tray, then fill with cran-raspberry juice. Add 2 drops red food coloring to each section, and freeze.
2. Mix 2 parts orange juice and 1 part ginger ale in a pitcher, and set aside. To create blood, add red food coloring to some corn syrup.
3. When ready to serve, dip the rim of each glass into the syrup, and allow it to drip down the sides. Fill with punch mixture and add 2 maraschino ice cubes.
Looking for more creepy treats? Explore Parenting.com’s Eerie Edibles!
Thanks to the good folks at Parenting.com for sharing these recipes with us! Check out the site to find Pumpkin Carving Stencils, Last-Minute Costume Ideas, as well as child-friendly inspiration and advice.
For more great tips and articles, subscribe to Parenting magazine for just $1 an issue!
Parenting Early Years – for moms with babies and toddlers
Parenting School Years – for moms with school-age kids