Your guests will be reeling (in a good way) from this punch! The recipe for Kill Devil Punch came to Food & Wine Magazine from Phil Ward, bartender at the aptly named Death & Co. It features a block of raspberry ice that melts, slowly releasing its juices (a.k.a. raspberry blood) into the bowl throughout the evening.
- 12 ounces water
- 18 raspberries
- 9 ounces amber rum
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 5 ounces simple syrup
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 5 ounces chilled champagne
- 12 raspberries
- 12 lime wheels
- Make the Raspberry Ice: Pour the water into a plastic container and arrange 12 raspberries in the container. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Make the Punch: In a pitcher, combine the rum, pineapple juice, simple syrup and lime juice and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Stir the punch and strain it into a punch bowl. Add the raspberry-studded ice. Pour in the chilled champagne and stir once. Garnish the punch with the raspberries and lime wheels. Ladle into teacups or small rocks glasses.
Below we’ve picked a few spooky items to give your Halloween party some bite. Have a creepy Halloween!