Based in Los Angeles, Bri Emery is the gal behind the savvy and stylish inspiration blog designlovefest, the place where type and images totally make out. Bright colors and unexpected details: these are the things Bri is drawn to.
I started designlovefest as a place to chronicle all the interesting and inspirational things I find in real life and on the web. As a graphic designer, I spend a lot of time in front of my computer, and creating vibrant, editorial-like layouts is a way for me to connect with the things I love — photos, food, fashion, typography — and combine them into curated posts for others to enjoy, too!
HOT HOT HOT:
[1. Vintage red pot from Housing Authority; 2. Orange bead destash lot from Ferociter; 3. Lobster bowl from MonkiVintage; 4. Vintage ceramic knob from Lydia’s Vintage; 5. Vintage alarm clock from ClockworkUniverse]
1. I would definitely attempt to make fondue in this sweet little saucepan.
2. These lovely coral beads are a great way to add an extra bit of color to an ensemble.
3. I really do love lobsters. This enamel bowl is just too cute.
4. This enamel drawer pull is a great example of how small things in bold colors can add a lot of character to living spaces.
5. A vintage alarm clock this cool would not be such a bad thing to wake up to. Maybe.
[1. Mini arch abstract print by twoems; 2. Gentleman fox card holder from two string jane; 3. Pipe corner shelf by DirtyBils; 4. Globe Wernicke 6 drawer metal file from Good Phamily Fun; 5. Turquoise box lamp from former inhabitants]
1. This abstract print would be a great way to liven up the concrete walls in my downtown L.A. loft space.
2. This little guy is both whimsical and functional.
3. These pipes in the corner are not your average bookshelf, but they sure are awesome.
4. Industrial filing drawers make paperwork less boring.
5. Practical things that are incredibly stylish and unique are exactly what I’m looking for when decorating my home.
JUST MY TYPE:
[1. Vintage neon motel sign from Bomobob; 2. Vintage orange industrial metal sign; 3. YOU GO wood letterpress type from MonkiVintage; 4. Vintage metal hanging letters from Lackluster Co.; 5. Yellow arrow industrial metal sign from MLevin; 6. Black metal letter “G” from MonkiVintage]
1. If there’s one thing I could look at all day, it’s pristine typography. This piece of industrial sinage is fantastic.
2. The mix of colors and movement in the letters works really well in this print.
3. GO YOU!
4. How charming is this photo display?
5. An illuminated arrow is a great way to show guests the door. Just kidding.
6. Simple elegance, and super cool.
Thanks, Bri! Find more of her style on designlovefest.