Etsy Sellers’ 3rd Annual Community Christmas in July Sale is coming up soon, running from July 15 through July 25, 2010. Sellers should read the promotion’s details, put together by the event’s lead organizer, DesignedByLucinda, to find out how you too can participate in this year’s Christmas in July Sale.
Do you miss that quick rush of business from the holiday season? Now is the time to join efforts as sellers in order to create our own holiday season with the 3rd Annual Christmas in July Sale! Big players in the retail industry use promotional sales in July to perk up an otherwise sleepy selling month; it’s a great way for shoppers to get deals and a head-start on their holiday shopping. For sellers, we may need to move inventory or holiday items, and offering specials is a win-win. This marketing promotion can certainly extend across our selling platform at Etsy as well.
How to get involved as a seller:
- The promotion will take place from July 15 to July 25. Note: You can participate during whole, partial, or even extended days past the promotion’s official date range; it’s up to you.
- Every seller is welcome to participate with any or all of the items listed in their shop; sale terms are up to each individual seller.
- Examples of promotions to consider: Free Shipping, a percentage off, Buy One Get One, whatever works for your shop. Be creative!
- Make sure the items you have on sale include at least one of the tags “christmasinjuly” or “CIJ.” These are the tags that will be promoted and linked to throughout the sale and the search terms shoppers will use to find your items on sale. Keep in mind to only use these tags on items actually within your promotion and wait to change your tags until your shop promotion begins as not to confuse shoppers or hold them back from purchasing in anticipation of your sale.
- Once items are tagged, spell out the details of your promotion in your shop announcement and item descriptions. You may even decide to swap in a special promotional shop banner and avatar during the days you plan to participate. Create your own or generate one using the bannerator.
- If you make any banners or graphics, you should share them with other sellers! Link in the comments below or in the sale’s official forum thread.
Once your shop is in shape for the Christmas in July Sale, it’s time to join forces and promote! Mention the sale via Twitter, Facebook, your blog, your email list, and create specialized Treasury collections incorporating different sellers participating in the sale. Talk about and link back to Etsy using the tags “christmasinjuly” and “CIJ” via your social networks.
Keep in mind, items in the sale do not have to be holiday related. The “Christmas” aspect of the name is just a term referencing the marketing done in familiar retail — we welcome everyone to be involved. Any questions? Contact the sale organizer, DesignedByLucinda, or see the sale’s official forum thread where you can add your name as a participant.
The Related Items below are from sellers participating in this year’s Christmas in July Sale. They are indicative of the styles of those shops but may not be the actual items to be included in the sale.