With some snipping and a dab of glue, whip up a special handmade Valentine’s Day card for your sweetheart in this week’s How-Tuesday tutorial. Read on for tips and templates from Mari Kumada, author of Pop-Up Cards: Over 50 Designs for Cards that Fold, Flap, Spin, and Slide.
This card captures the sweet bloom of young love. For a clean line, use small paper-cutting scissors.
You Will Need:
1 sheet of 8½” × 11″ (21.5 cm × 28 cm) card stock for the card base
1 sheet of 8½” × 11″ (21.5 cm × 28 cm) Canson Mi-Teintes paper for the coil
Color print outs of card motifs (the two people)
Small paper-cutting scissors
2. Temporarily attach the template to the card base using masking tape, and trace the position of the end of the coil with the tip of a mechanical pencil (without any lead extended).
3. Temporarily attach the coil template to the Mi-Teintes paper, and cut out the design. Remove the template.
4. Apply glue to tip of the coil, and attach the coil at the position traced on the card base.
5. Apply glue to the other tip of the coil in the center; close the card, and press down to attach the coil.
6. Open the card, and attach the color print outs of the two people using paste.