You’ve opened your shop and listed your first item. Hooray! Well, what next? Share who you are and what sets you apart in your Public Profile. Here are five simple tips sure to help your profile (and you!) stand out from the crowd:
- Use first person. One special aspect of buying on Etsy is connecting with other people. Hit home that there is a person behind your shop by starting with “I.”
- What makes your shop special? Why should someone buy from your shop? Share your story by talking about what sets you apart.
- Talk about your process and what inspires you. Buyers love to hear the vision behind the products, so speak up!
- Add your location to your profile. This will help local buyers find you.
- Have fun and be welcoming! Use an upbeat and positive voice to make your profile sing.
For even more information on how to construct a creative, concise, well-constructed profile, check out this blog post.
You can also watch the video from the Online Lab on April 27, 2012 with Nickey full of advice and strategies geared toward taking your profile to the next level:
Nickey Skarstad is a senior product manager on the Shop Management team at Etsy — the team that builds the tools sellers use to manage and run their shops. During her tenure at Etsy, Nickey has managed more than ten prototype teams, and is a long-time Etsy seller and community member.