The wrapping paper has been stuffed into trash bags and the tinsel filed away. You successfully kept your aunt from burning the roast in the oven while yelling at your cousins to turn down the volume on the TV. Get up and dust yourself off, friend — you made it through another holiday season. As you come down from the December-induced high, check out the numbers for one of Etsy’s biggest months ever!
- $41.1 million of goods were sold by our community in December, 10.1% higher than November’s $37.3 million.
- That represents 2,152,992 items sold for the month, 4.8% higher than November’s 2,055,218.
- 1,518,859 new items were listed in the month, 42.7% lower than November’s 2,648,660.
- 468,814 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, up 70,603, or 17.7%, from November.
- 940,579,465 page views were recorded on the site in December.
The $41.1 million of goods sold by the community represents a 65% increase from 2009’s total. At the same time, items sold were up 52%.
Congratulations are in order for the entire Etsy community. Here’s to our best month ever!