Adam Brown aka adam works at Etsy on the Marketing and Press Team. He heads up the Cooperative Advertising program, which many of you know and love, as well as writing the regular Press Club and Etsy in the Press series for the Storque. He’s also an all-around great guy, who occasionally makes a hilarious snarky comment in the IRC (the group chat Etsy admin use to communicate throughout the day), punctuated with “Zing!”
Fun Facts about Adam:
- Adam loves softball and plays left field for the Levee Cheeseballs. Michelle coined his softball name, which is Adam Brown Betty, or Brown Betty for short.
- He does yoga with his parents.
- He used to work in the television industry.
- He’s a good poker player.
- Perhaps one of his most beloved qualities, his storytelling abilities are famous amongst the admin.
- As he occasionally will display with a quick flip of the tongue, he has a fake tooth. The original was knocked out in a really hardcore way.
- He likes mugs, but hey, who doesn’t like mugs?
- He rides his bike a lot.
- He was Laura Bush for Halloween!
- Very fond of costuming, he’s a regular at Coney Island’s Mermaid Parade. Last year, he was one of the Four Seahorsemen of the Apocalypse.
Ah, the gel, the rayon shirt. But all together, he was doing a lot better than many of us at that age. Such a smooth operator!
This is so intensely cute, it’s really quite amazing.
Etsy has had quite a growth spurt in the past year, and we have the awkward pictures to prove it. We’ve been posting a series of About Us pieces to help you get to know the Etsy admin (and since many of us work remotely, for the admin to get to know each other!). You’ve seen the admin badge, and maybe you’re a bit curious about the person behind it! For more on Etsy’s mission and about the company, please see our About page (the link is in the little blue footer of every Etsy page).
Some favorite shops below…