„Handmade is holding something special in your hands, that you know has come from someone’s imagination, something that no one has done exactly like that before. And you can feel the thought that has gone into it.“
Looking for the perfect gift to get your loved ones? To help you find exactly what you’re looking for, we’ve prepared a handy shopping guide that introduces all the new and fun ways how to shop on Etsy.
Do you want to print these tips? Here is a PDF for you to download.
- Etsy.com is now in German. Go to your account settings to set your language, currency and region preferences. And remember, no matter your settings, Etsy.com remains a single global marketplace where you can find items from all over the world.
- Search in German and filter search results to see only German listings. Check the search filters on the left hand side of any search page. To view this your language preference must be set to German.
- Filter your search results by location. Take a look at what sellers in nearby cities and countries are offering. You can now even search for products only in the European Union and avoid high shipping and custom fees. Another benefit from shopping local is that you’ll receive your orders much quicker – just in time for Christmas.
How to find the perfect gift
There are several features on Etsy that help you find the perfect gift.
- A few weeks ago we launched a Geschenke Shopping Page. It is a blend of curated content from Europe, changing frequently to represent gifting trends in the Etsy universe. All items shown ship to Germany.
- The Facebook Gift Finder is here. Get gift recommendations for your friends based on their Facebook interests. Find inspiration and ideas for holiday gifts, birthday gifts and more.
- Do you and your friends share similar taste? Then the easiest solution for getting inspiration is our wonderful Taste Test. It’s a fun way to explore more than 11 million items from shops around the world. Choose the item you like best, Etsy does the rest.
- As you know, Etsy has a vibrant community. Check out Treasuries, galleries curated by Etsy members, and search for tags like “gift guide”.
- Once a week we send out a German Gift Newsletter. Sign up to receive suggestions of what to get others or yourself. All items featured ship to Germany.
- Shop on Etsy while waiting for your train or when meeting a seller offline. The brand new Etsy iPhone App is now available!
We hope that these tips will help you find the perfect gift – not only for Christmas, but also for all upcoming festivities in 2012 and beyond.
If you have suggestions or questions, please get in touch with the German team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you!