Applications to host the 3rd annual Etsy Made Local Market in your Community are now open.
Last year over 500 sellers and 70,000 buyers took part in Etsy Made Local markets around Australia. Teams and Community groups ran markets in 5 Capital cities, and for the first time ever the Etsy love was spread out to regional areas.
We can’t wait to do it all over again in 2017 bigger, better, and more beautiful. If you’d like to host an Etsy Made Local market in Australia or New Zealand, please let us know by Sunday 5 March AEST.
There are a few criteria to host an Etsy Made Local market, including:
- Your Etsy Made Local event must happen on Saturday, November 25. There may be an option to extend your Etsy Made Local market to include the Sunday too
- Your Etsy Made Local must be free for the public to enter
- Etsy Made Local events must be at least one hour from each other
- All stallholders must be Etsy sellers, and only sell Etsy Legal items (exception made for food vendors)
- The event must aim to showcase the creative breadth of Etsy sellers in your community
- As event host, you must adhere to deadlines to ensure we can help spread the word about your amazing event!
If this sounds like your kind of party, please fill out an application to apply here.
Successful applicants will receive a financial bursary from Etsy, as well as signage and swag to help make your event complete. We’ll also put you in touch with captains who have hosted events in previous years to help with any tricky questions you might have. Applications close Sunday 5 June.
Whether you’d like to team up with another event, or hold a street fair, Etsy Made Local is all about hosting an event that showcases the best your community has to offer.
We can’t wait to help you celebrate your local creative community!