Above image taken at Sydney Made’s market for Vivid Festival.
Last year, 425 Etsy sellers connected with almost 70,000 buyers around Australia as part of Etsy Made Local. The national event showcased the amazing talent of Etsy sellers around Australia, and allowed the community to purchase thoughtful handmade or vintage items to put under the Christmas tree for their loved ones. We’re doing it all again in 2016, and are aiming to make this year even bigger & better!
How can we top that you ask? We’re looking for hosts from off the beaten track (because why should capital cities have all the fun?) This Christmas we’d like to sprinkle the Etsy magic a little further afield, and support four Etsy Made Local events in non-capital cities. The aim of Etsy Made Local is to show off your local creative community, while creating a fun, unique event for buyers and sellers alike.
There are a few criteria for these events, including:
- Your Etsy Made Local event must happen on November 19
- Your Etsy Made Local must be free for the public to enter
- Your Etsy Made Local event must be at least one hour from a capital city
- All stallholders must be Etsy sellers, and only sell Etsy Legal items (exception made for food vendors)
- The event must aim to showcase the creative breadth of Etsy sellers in your community
- As event host, you must adhere to deadlines to ensure we can help spread the word about your amazing event!
If this sounds like your kind of party, you can fill out an application form here.
The four successful cities will receive a financial bursary from Etsy, as well as signage and swag to help make your event complete. We’ll also put you in touch with captains who have hosted events in previous years to help with any tricky questions you might have. Applications close June 24
Whether you’d like to team up with another event, or hold a street fair, Etsy Made Local is all about hosting an event that showcases the best your community has to offer!
If you’d like to take part in the event, but aren’t sure where to start, why not connect with your local Etsy team (and if your area doesn’t have a team, why not start one?)
We can’t wait to help you celebrate your local creative community!
**Please note: Hosts for Capital Cities have already been selected. If you would like to apply to be a seller at a capital city market or help organise, please stay tuned for more details.